Page 152 of 376 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 9381
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Playing the Last Remnant on my Switch at the moment. i forgot what a re ed ass battle system this game has

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    just finished arkham knight yesterday... completed everything besides riddler trophies. i think the game overall was a blast, and the general gameplay was as good if not better even than arkham city. the combat was the peak of the series tbh, so while it still has the same overall freeflow beat-em-up style, there's enough enemy variety and gadgets which force you to mix things up and prevent it from going stale.

the campaign was pretty fun, side content was strong. i actually really liked the story in this one. while the whole thing with people literally becoming the joker was pretty stupid, the psychological battle within batman was pretty awesome to see unfold. the ending of the game was so eerie, it was excellent.

but my beef with the game:

the boss battles were atrocious. most of the games big moments were fought in the batmobile instead of in person. thats just terrible, terrible game design. compare it to arkham city with the Mr. Freeze fight.

there was too much emphasis on the batmobile, which only became fun after dumping most of my early skill points into batmobile upgrades. you basically had to hold off of any combat/gadget upgrades because while you can get through the game without those, the batmobile missions were an absolute chore without upgrades.

i get why they put the riddler trophies in the game, but i'm not going to go around and solve 200 riddles just so i can have a final confrontation with the riddler. i'm ok with them withholding platinum and 100% completion, but dont hold out story elements unless i go doing all that tedious . you're also forced to do that to reach the final "true" conclusion of the game, but i'm not about that.

but criticisms aside, very fun game. definitely recommend to anybody who is a fan of the genre.

probably gonna play bloodborne next... oh boy
    Still up in the air. Gonna beat DS NG plus and be done with the ps3 GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still up in the air. Gonna beat DS NG plus and be done with the ps3 GOAT
    ima pick up the remastered dark souls trilogy at some point, just gotta snipe a decent price

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You beat the big without any powering up? Damn you must have picked up the parrying quick. He's not a boss or miniboss though, so he'll regenerate any time you save. You can run past enemies though.
    felt wrong to just run past enemies... in games like this i feel like i always must kill everyone. but thats not a viable approach here. i was able to get through all the guys up to the bonfire, clear out the next few areas until i got to the big bridge. killed 1 of the 2 wolves then died. lost all progress. at that point i decided to it and just sprint around like you said. i eventually ran into a boss, cleric beast or something like that, so i got the point of insight. that was the last thing i did, though. the cleric monster thing ed me sideways, i cant imagine being able to take it down without grinding first

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    felt wrong to just run past enemies... in games like this i feel like i always must kill everyone. but thats not a viable approach here. i was able to get through all the guys up to the bonfire, clear out the next few areas until i got to the big bridge. killed 1 of the 2 wolves then died. lost all progress. at that point i decided to it and just sprint around like you said. i eventually ran into a boss, cleric beast or something like that, so i got the point of insight. that was the last thing i did, though. the cleric monster thing ed me sideways, i cant imagine being able to take it down without grinding first
    I figured Cleric Beast would be no problem for you if you took out that big hiding behind the staircase near the beginning.

It's a pretty brutal intro to the game not knowing you need that point of insight to have any kind of progression whatsoever in your character. I spent my first four hours or so with the game loving the combat and setting but getting pissed every time I would lose my progression with no way to save it. Eventually decided I had to look at a walkthrough to see what the . That needing a first point of insight to do any progression is almost as bad as NES era like in Castlevania II where you had to buy a crystal, equip it, and then take a knee under a cliff to get sucked up by a tornado and transported to a dungeon with absolutely nothing in the game telling you to do that or that crystals could be used for anything like that. You might also have to cheat to find out how to start the DLC. Make sure to do it before you beat the game, as Bloodborne is the rare game where the DLC is actually the best part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured Cleric Beast would be no problem for you if you took out that big hiding behind the staircase near the beginning.

It's a pretty brutal intro to the game not knowing you need that point of insight to have any kind of progression whatsoever in your character. I spent my first four hours or so with the game loving the combat and setting but getting pissed every time I would lose my progression with no way to save it. Eventually decided I had to look at a walkthrough to see what the . That needing a first point of insight to do any progression is almost as bad as NES era like in Castlevania II where you had to buy a crystal, equip it, and then take a knee under a cliff to get sucked up by a tornado and transported to a dungeon with absolutely nothing in the game telling you to do that or that crystals could be used for anything like that. You might also have to cheat to find out how to start the DLC. Make sure to do it before you beat the game, as Bloodborne is the rare game where the DLC is actually the best part.
    i dno, maybe i was just intimidated by its size ... its hard to believe the same rules of combat would apply (dodging and stagger mechanics) with a dude that big, but i guess i just have to trust it. but man, it was really frustrating to actually gut my way through that whole opening area only to die to the second wolf and losing all progress.

at least now i've opened another gate so when i inevetably die and respawn at central yharnam i can just go through the left gate now and cut through that whole bonfire area. i also feel like the gun mechanic is inconsistent. there are times where i swear i got it off and it straight up whiffs on the enemy. i know im not meant to use it for damage, but only to parry/stagger, but it doesnt feel nearly as consistent as god of war's parry.

there were also some frustrating times when fighting the big axe dude when i clearly got the parry (guy staggered and dropped to a knee) but he still connected on his attack simultaneous to my gun blast that stunned him. so i die at the same time that he gets parried? wtf

btw i picked the blunderbuss instead of the other gun, dno if that was just a poor choice

i also selected the hunter axe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dno, maybe i was just intimidated by its size ... its hard to believe the same rules of combat would apply (dodging and stagger mechanics) with a dude that big, but i guess i just have to trust it. but man, it was really frustrating to actually gut my way through that whole opening area only to die to the second wolf and losing all progress.

at least now i've opened another gate so when i inevetably die and respawn at central yharnam i can just go through the left gate now and cut through that whole bonfire area. i also feel like the gun mechanic is inconsistent. there are times where i swear i got it off and it straight up whiffs on the enemy. i know im not meant to use it for damage, but only to parry/stagger, but it doesnt feel nearly as consistent as god of war's parry.

there were also some frustrating times when fighting the big axe dude when i clearly got the parry (guy staggered and dropped to a knee) but he still connected on his attack simultaneous to my gun blast that stunned him. so i die at the same time that he gets parried? wtf

btw i picked the blunderbuss instead of the other gun, dno if that was just a poor choice

i also selected the hunter axe
    Blunderbuss is supposed to be the easier of the two guns to time. Which I found out after selecting the other one of course.

You'll get used to the parry timing after dying enough times. It's not like Demons Souls or Dark Souls 1 where you can circle around for easy backstabs, you either get good at parrying in Bloodborne or you just die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dno, maybe i was just intimidated by its size
    Bend over..

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Ninja Turtles MAME

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blunderbuss is supposed to be the easier of the two guns to time. Which I found out after selecting the other one of course.

You'll get used to the parry timing after dying enough times. It's not like Demons Souls or Dark Souls 1 where you can circle around for easy backstabs, you either get good at parrying in Bloodborne or you just die.
    Took down the cleric beast

i was able to pull off a couple of parries and get the visceral attacks off. I did use a good handful of the health potion things though. and the Molotov did a surprising amount of damage. Wish i know that earlier

ive been pumping most of my points into vitality. The ability to take some hits is crucial if I’m trying to get the parry system down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RDR:2 just arrived in the mail; about to install.

Also got Pillars of Eternity on the way- really looking forward to that. If it's anything like Baldur's Gate I will be hooked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Installing RDR:2 on the PS4 is a ...Had to restart the PS4 a few times and then looked it up on reddit. Apparently unlugging the PS4 will make it read the disk which has worked so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum i reached father G.

On first encounter i managed to get him into second form and died pretty quick. Second time i fared better and got him to his last 10th percent or so and got caught in a quick flurry and died. The path back to him is quite long even after opening the new gate, so im giving it a rest for now.

Hes not terribly hard. It’s just counter intuitive but seems like you have to roll towards him when he lunges instead of trying to evade or else you get caught up in swipes. And when he knocks you down you usually take a few hits on the ground and that’s really what does you in.

The stupid grind to work my way back to him through the sewers and the pig is more of a deterrent than the boss itself. This is the old school game design that i never liked. Artificially racking on playtime and calling that “difficulty.” It tests patience and endurance more than skill.

But the game is definitely addicting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also got Pillars of Eternity on the way- really looking forward to that. If it's anything like Baldur's Gate I will be hooked.
    Enjoy tbh

red dead starts off slow in the first chapter but the game is a of a journey. The protagonist and main story are so well written, it’s mind boggling that’s it’s a video game and not a book or some

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoy tbh

red dead starts off slow in the first chapter but the game is a of a journey. The protagonist and main story are so well written, it’s mind boggling that’s it’s a video game and not a book or some
    The graphics are amazing but I got a feeling Arthur is not the main character. Just got through hunting two white tail deer - I like the tracking system and the slow motion Fallout death cams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The graphics are amazing but I got a feeling Arthur is not the main character. Just got through hunting two white tail deer - I like the tracking system and the slow motion Fallout death cams.
    Oh it's very much Arthur's game. Seriously one of my favorite protagonists. He goes through alot of transformation as the Van der Linde gang struggles to adapt to the dying American frontier. As spurraider said, the story and character building is just amazing for a video game. It's also a massive, almost overwhelming experience. I'm (slowly) playing it a second time just to complete all the challenges, camp upgrades, etc. and I'm still encountering new random events and interactions between camp members. The actors said they did a solid five years of motion capture and voice work if that gives you any indication how big the game is. Take your time.

edit: I mean... RDR2 is probably one of my favorite westerns from any platform.
    Last edited by Xevious; 08-10-2019 at 03:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh it's very much Arthur's game. Seriously one of my favorite protagonists. He goes through alot of transformation as the Van der Linde gang struggles to adapt to the dying American frontier. As spurraider said, the story and character building is just amazing for a video game. It's also a massive, almost overwhelming experience. I'm (slowly) playing it a second time just to complete all the challenges, camp upgrades, etc. and I'm still encountering new random events and interactions between camp members. The actors said they did a solid five years of motion capture and voice work if that gives you any indication how big the game is. Take your time.

edit: I mean... RDR2 is probably one of my favorite westerns from any platform.
    I figured Marston would come in at some point, but I like the Arthur character. All the other games were Marston, so I just figured...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda late, but did you guys watch this about GOAT of War, tbh?

Get in here spurraider21, lololol
    indeed, it came out a few months ago. i tried but its pretty ing boring tbh ... i skipped around to parts that were interesting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured Marston would come in at some point, but I like the Arthur character. All the other games were Marston, so I just figured...
    No spoilers but...he does come in...at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lmk what you think of PoE, I been thinking about trying it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took out father g

wasnt crazy bad. Molotov’s did well against his beast form. Otherwise it was being patient when trying to use blood vials. I basically shot the gun every time he attacked. If i was close enough went for visceral. If not i took the free opportunity for a blood vial

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took out father g

wasnt crazy bad. Molotov’s did well against his beast form. Otherwise it was being patient when trying to use blood vials. I basically shot the gun every time he attacked. If i was close enough went for visceral. If not i took the free opportunity for a blood vial
    So you a fan of the game so far? Did you do the music box subquest before Father Gascoigne?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No spoilers but...he does come in...at some point.
    The controls for this game are hard to learn...also no saves - I got my ass eaten alive by a legendary bear and pissed off the sherriff for bumping into him while I was tethering a horse. Spent a night in jail...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmk what you think of PoE, I been thinking about trying it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Harlow was the playable character in Red Dead Revolver and had a completely different storyline... I'm not sure I even consider it a part of the same series. Marston is a big character in RDR2. But just as the first Red Dead Redemption was his redemption story, RDR2 is Morgan's.

Thread Information