Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do to Lebrons legacy? Especially at the hands of the Spurs? No way you can put him in the top 10, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think that he would get the Hakeem treatment. "Fantastic player, very dominant, could only get it done without Tim Duncan around". I know it's not a perfect analogy..

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Guess it'd just lead more re s into believing finals W/L is a good stat to measure how valuable a player is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess it'd just lead more re s into believing finals W/L is a good stat to measure how valuable a player is.
    True...that whole "winning" thing is quite overrated.

Unless of course you're winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not much, because none with a brain, expects him to make kevin fukin love and kyrie fukin irving into meaningful players.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    OP, haven't you heard? Final losses are irrelevant. Getting there is all that matters.

Plus, he has ZERO help throughout his entire career. You can't put this on poor Lebron.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^Special needs post of the day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP, haven't you heard? Final losses are irrelevant. Getting there is all that matters.

Plus, he has ZERO help throughout his entire career. You can't put this on poor Lebron.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    YOU had your chance to set him in perpetual questionable state, but, you ed up. He's assured now. "We" don't get to tease & torment him now. It's out of "our" control.

You.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An athletic and better Karl Malone.

Physical specimen, needs crazy help to get there twice (winning for Lebron, making the finals as the lead guy for Karl), disappointing in the winning category, great individual stats, choker.

Only difference is karl is/was a pedophile and he was less successful.

So I guess a more successful, more fortunate Karl Malone without the awkward sex life would be his legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Physical specimen, needs crazy help to get there twice (winning for Lebron, making the finals as the lead guy for Karl), disappointing in the winning category, great individual stats, choker.

So I guess a more successful, more fortunate Karl Malone without the awkward sex life would be his legacy.
    This is more like it.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends who you ask. Fans that watched Pre 2000 NBA will judge him harshly

Youngsters will credit taking Cleveland back to Finals and how much better he is than Wade (who they overrate)

5 straight Finals is very impressive and it still puts him above Oscar Robertson. But I think it spreads the gap between him and Kobe in a negative way

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Boiled down:::if not for Amy, a one & doner.

That age old bromide remains true:::$

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends who you ask. Fans that watched Pre 2000 NBA will judge him harshly

Youngsters will credit taking Cleveland back to Finals and how much better he is than Wade (who they overrate)

5 straight Finals is very impressive and it still puts him above Oscar Robertson. But I think it spreads the gap between him and Kobe in a negative way
    I just don't find any of his Finals runs all that impressive. Maybe his 07 run but that's it. He would of had 1 le if Kawhi doesn't brick a free throw proceeded by his brick and the ensuing Ray Allen 3. Getting to the Finals out East has been a cakewalk. They pretty much get 2 round byes.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Also, it's how the players perform at this biggest stage. We gave Lebron a pass in 2007 (?) and gave him full credit for dragging a lottery team in the Finals. But he had a massive choke job in 2011 against Dallas. He was less than stellar in 2013, shooting 30% twice and 40% 4x times in 7 games. He started strong in 2014 but was outplayed by Kawhi Leonard in crucial games 3 and 5.

It's one thing if he actually raised the bar or maintained his efficiency in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Peyton Manning of the NBA"

a bit unfair but that would be what he'd be compared to.

The first Finals, the Cavs had no business of being in it People forget that he carried them there over a better Pistons team.

He choked vs the Mavs

He almost lost the '13 Finals. He definitely struggled for most of the series. Partly due to a gimicky defensive scheme (Spurs going way under on screens, allowing him open mid range jumpers but taking away shots in the paint)

Had Cramps in Game 1 but ,overall, played well in last years finals

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't find any of his Finals runs all that impressive. Maybe his 07 run but that's it. He would of had 1 le if Kawhi doesn't brick a free throw proceeded by his brick and the ensuing Ray Allen 3. Getting to the Finals out East has been a cakewalk. They pretty much get 2 round byes.
    But if you have only been watching the NBA since 2005, then you don't realize the East is a cake walk. You just assume James is that dominant

If the Thunder implode (Durant and/or Westbrook leaves) then that Finals win will also decrease in significance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's the case with almost every team. Kobe and Shaq needed the refs to beat Sactown and an Horry 3. They also needed Fisher's .4 shot to even get there. even Michael Jordan needed help at some point. Without Kerr bombing away he might be sitting on 5.

You can literally go down the line and see where almost every team has lived and died on a single shot at some point in the playoffs.

Last year's Spurs are an exception, because when they won they absolutely blew out teams except game 6 against OKC. But they would have won game 7 at home, so it's not a real "clutch" game for the Spurs.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "Peyton Manning of the NBA"

a bit unfair but that would be what he'd be compared to.

The first Finals, the Cavs had no business of being in it People forget that he carried them there over a better Pistons team.

He choked vs the Mavs

He almost lost the '13 Finals. He definitely struggled for most of the series. Partly due to a gimicky defensive scheme (Spurs going way under on screens, allowing him open mid range jumpers but taking away shots in the paint)

Had Cramps in Game 1 but ,overall, played well in last years finals
    Horrible comparison. Fivehead has gone one-and-done nine times, LeBron has never lost in the first round. Fivehead was dragged kicking and screaming to his only ring by his defense, LeBron has two alpha rings and counting. Fivehead has always had stacked teams, LeBron's never had any help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's the case with almost every team. Kobe and Shaq needed the refs to beat Sactown and an Horry 3. They also needed Fisher's .4 shot to even get there. even Michael Jordan needed help at some point. Without Kerr bombing away he might be sitting on 5.

You can literally go down the line and see where almost every team has lived and died on a single shot at some point in the playoffs.

Last year's Spurs are an exception, because when they won they absolutely blew out teams except game 6 against OKC. But they would have won game 7 at home, so it's not a real "clutch" game for the Spurs.
    I understand. I just think making the Finals out East is not impressive. They play teams with losing records in the 1st round for christs sakes. Can you imagine if he had to face the compe ion out West for 3 rounds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never had any help

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I disagree even the Spurs needed Diaw to hit that 3 to win game 4 against the Mavs. I'm convinced if he didn't hit that shot the Spurs would have gone down 3-1 and lost that series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never had any help
    Amy Duncan helped him, eh?

tee, hee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Nope. This is the world we live in (at least on Spurstalk) winning doesnt matter as much (unless you win) and Lebron shouldnt be able to win with two all-stars at his side ...

BTW, if Lebron first fans want an excuse if they lose how about a coach with no freaking NBA experience? Why act like the Cavs dont have talent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never had any help

CN is hilarious when delusional.

Even if Lebron loses I'd still take him over Rapist, but both are overrated compared to Duncan.

Thread Information