Page 129 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 4810
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2 years in a row, Ingram has dropped the ball in a critical goalline situation that cost us the ball game. I love the young man, but he needs a sports psychologist.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From IT:

When there's instability within the coaching staff, recruiting is usually one of the first things to suffer. It'll be very interesting to see how UT handles its 2021 class moving forward. A transition class might be imminent, but depending on who potentially replaces 'Hot Seat' Herman, if it comes to that, will have a major stake in how this class shakes out. Let's get a pulse on some of the more important commits and targets.

(Any commits we don't mention are likely locked in no matter who is coaching them next year, like Hayden Connor, Juan Davis, and Gunnar Helm)

Ja’tavion Sanders, DE/TE - Denton Ryan (TEXAS)

Prior to the Oklahoma loss, Sanders wasn’t even entertaining calls from other college coaches. And he's not too interested in doing so now, which is why we feel comfortable he'll stick around. But don't think OU and others aren't going to make a push. Schools smell blood in the water and Sanders is UT's top prospect in the 2021 class.

JD Coffey, S - Kennedale (TEXAS)

Oregon has been making a real push for Coffey, but the Ducks could get in a numbers squeeze thus helping the Texas cause. They picked up a safety from Utah yesterday, so it'll be interesting to see what their next move is. Right now, we think Coffey loves the Longhorns just enough and that might be enough to secure his signature on NSD.

Jamier Johnson, CB - John Muir (Pasadena, CA) (TEXAS)

The four-star from Cali isn't playing his senior season, and plans to enroll in January. UT beat out USC and Oregon for Johnson, but if there is a threat, watch Arizona State. Herm Edwards assembled one of a recruiting staff.

Morice Blackwell, LB - Arlington Martin (TEXAS)

The four-star from DFW has remained solid to Texas since committing on Mother's Day. If there was a threat, Arkansas is the main one to consider. The Razorbacks are going to play quality defense with Barry Odom as defensive coordinator and do surprisingly well in the Metroplex.

Casey Cain, WR - Warren Easton (New Orleans, LA) (TEXAS)

Cain is less solid since the TCU loss. There are others pushing for him, including a serious look from Mississippi State. To say Cain has been looking around would be an accurate assessment.

Jaden Alexis, WR - Monarch (Pompano Beach, FL) (TEXAS)

Alexis is the type player that will have crossover appeal. This staff or the next might want to keep the three-star speedster, but watch for a strong push from Miami. They are recruiting very well this cycle and remain in Alexis' ear, even though I feel like he's determined to leave Florida.

Michael Myslinski, C - Bishop Kenny (Jacksonville, FL) (TEXAS)

This is one committed prospect asking members of the current staff what their future looks like in Austin. We think he's still a take, being a natural center on a team without them. Even though he's got ties to Herb Hand, we think a new staff might want to hold onto the Sunshine State offensive lineman.

L.J. Johnson, RB - Cy-Fair

This one is slipping with Texas A&M surging. Texas went into the season on the verge of receiving a commitment from the best running back prospect in the state, but that momentum is all but gone.

Shemar Turner, DL - Desoto

Texas A&M was surging after Texas' early struggles in the win over Texas Tech and loss to TCU. Now, the Aggies lead is only continuing to grow after the win over Florida.

Terrence Cooks, LB - Alvin Shadow Creek

The most highly sought after linebacker in-state for 2021 has long loved the Horns and its staff. Coleman Hutzler could not have done a better job cultivating this relationship and bonding with his mother. But there's pressure to give LSU the long, hard look. He's tried to end his recruitment on a couple of occasions but was slowed in both instances. I think Texas is the call if this staff returns. If not, that's a whole other story.

If or when changes are made, we'll have a list of the top prospects that could immediately be pursued by the new staff. No reason to delve into that just yet, though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like we need to do some house cleaning on here.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So who's on the Meyer train? He sold his soul to the devil, but just might be the right guy to lead us out of this misery we've been in for over 10 years.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Meyer has the capability to lead us to the playoffs and can shore up our glaring coaching needs. Not sure who else would be a sure fire hire that fix us sooner rather than later. I definitely don’t like the guy as a person but he produces on the field which is what we need. Herman looks defeated and that’s not a coach that a team can rally around.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

So who's on the Meyer train? He sold his soul to the devil, but just might be the right guy to lead us out of this misery we've been in for over 10 years.
    I am. I am sick of subpar football with teams that should be winning 10+ games a year. Meyer will hang on to the players looking to jump ship.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes to Meyer.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yes to UM

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No to Urban.

If he is the only guy to be able to fix us, we need to drop off the Earth anyway.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    New offer for 2021 WR Kaden Prather

https://247sports.com/player/kaden-prather-46056740/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Yes to UM no one else that will take the job can do the job.

Why for petes sake is Tom offering another WR.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would’ve told you no to UM before Strong and before Herman but I’m tired of being so mediocre. So... yes to UM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is going to end well.

I dont have any inside info but I'm SURE CDC heard LOUD & CLEAR from the BMDs; get this right or you'll see a huge drop in donations for these big projects for which you're getting credit.

I can't believe I am saying this, but Herman has to go now. We need to right the ship as soon as possible.

My Team
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Post Count
    if you want a good boy clean program every one in athletics gets treated equal & football is not above academics or female sports like tennis go cheer for a pac12 school people in the administration with your mindset is why texas has been mediocre.........
    That's why it's called COLLEGE football, academics are supposed to be top priority over athletics, not the other way around. If you want to take academics out, then cheer for an NFL team.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    That's why it's called COLLEGE football, academics are supposed to be top priority over athletics, not the other way around. If you want to take academics out, then cheer for an NFL team.

Tell this to the NCAA

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Del Conte meets with the football team last night (from IT):

It went well. It was conveyed players are expected to be on the field during the singing of The Eyes of Texas. From what we hear, the players intend to remain standing on the field together going forward. Some will sing, some won’t, but it’s an improvement over last week.

Del Conte and Tom Herman are working to reduce the temperature in the fan base, and probably donor suites, more so than within the team. Contrary to rumors, the team is not fractured.

We’ll have more in the coming days.

I feel like I should lock this thread so we can just enjoy it.

My Team
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Post Count
    Tell this to the NCAA
    Touche

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Juan thanks very intresting read.

Thread Information