Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup total exaggeration. As if we dont have undrafted players in this era. Fred van Vleet 17ppg and 7 apg. Drug addict Birdman was a prominent rim protector in the past decade. Jj Barea owned the Heat in 2011. All those guys were undrafted and there are many more we could cite and make plumber jokes about.
    Yes those guys are undrafted
    But the media doesn't want us to believe they are some kind of stars, like John Starks who was hyped up by the media in the 90s as one of Jordan's top opponents at the SG position

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There is no point to address if you keep moving the goal posts
    I think MJ is the GOAT. You think Lebron is.

People who have actually guarded both have a more worthy opinion on the subject than random people on the internet with bad plumber jokes

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    A) as if those plumbers and accountants comments weren’t exaggerations
    i never once said anything about plumbers and accountants

and they are clearly in jest to the people who legitimately believe that players lives were in danger and that charles barkley called his family out of fear of death when playing the pistons

lebron didnt ever face the rockets in the playoffs, so i dont get how thats even a part of the discussion

not only that, until halfway through this year they always had bigs like capella, dwight, and nene who were major parts of their rotation

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yes those guys are undrafted
    But the media doesn't want us to believe they are some kind of stars, like John Starks who was hyped up by the media in the 90s as one of Jordan's top opponents at the SG position
    I don't recall him being hyped as a star, just a tenacious defender who developed a decent game offensively

And his 4.2 defensive WS in 93 is higher than Lebron's for the past 7 years.
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 06-03-2020 at 01:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never once said anything about plumbers and accountants

and they are clearly in jest to the people who legitimately believe that players lives were in danger and that charles barkley called his family out of fear of death when playing the pistons

lebron didnt ever face the rockets in the playoffs, so i dont get how thats even a part of the discussion

not only that, until halfway through this year they always had bigs like capella, dwight, and nene who were major parts of their rotation
    And yet you had no issues with the comments Point is both sides exaggerate the out of it.

And since when are we only talking about teams Lebron faced?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall him being hyped as a star, just a tenacious defender who developed a decent game offensively

And his 4.2 defensive WS in 93 is higher than Lebron's for the past 7 years.
    HE was hyped up as great defender to make it look like Jordan overcame tuff D

lol Stark and Majerle got lit up by Tired Old Bags like Ricky Pierce and Dumars

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lefty: Today's players are so much more athletic and have much more muscular definition.

Also, today's MVP candidates below

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    And yet you had no issues with the comments Point is both sides exaggerate the out of it.
    the difference is what lefty was saying was retaliatory and clearly in blatant jest

And since when are we only talking about teams Lebron faced?
    lebron was the person being questioned in this conversation

if you had bothered to actually read, you would have seen that very clearly. but you seem more interested in arguing for the sake of arguing, per the norm with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the difference is what lefty was saying was retaliatory and clearly in blatant jest

lebron was the person being questioned in this conversation

if you had bothered to actually read, you would have seen that very clearly. but you seem more interested in arguing for the sake of arguing, per the norm with you.
    retaliatory. Generational wars have been going on forever in basketball. M
    The subject was this era vs the past with a side of Lebron vs Jordan. So it’s teams Lebron faced. Not teams Lebron faced in the playoffs alone.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    retaliatory. Generational wars have been going on forever in basketball.
    still has nothing to do with what was going on in this specific conversation

The subject was this era vs the past with a side of Lebron vs Jordan. So it’s teams Lebron faced. Not teams Lebron faced in the playoffs alone.
    wow youre reaching, and highly obsessed i might add

but regardless, aside from 1 game this year against the rockets after trading away clint capela, i dont think lebron has been facing too many teams who mainly employs a 6'6 center. but knowing you, you're going to go the extra technical route due to your routine butthurtedness, and list every team that has a 6'6 center on the roster, as proof of the teams lebron has faced with a 6'6 center, even if its guys who barely plays 5 mins a game

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lefty: Today's players are so much more athletic and have much more muscular definition.

?

That was a pretty impressive highlight reel tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ?

That was a pretty impressive highlight reel tbh
    Joker is a baller. One who lacks much muscle definition. They existed back in the day and they still exist now which proves my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting take

Yeah very interesting

The difference is that Jokic is actually skilled unlike Laimbeer

That makes Laimbeer an unskilled, unathletic white dude with zero muscle definition

Keep digging

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But wait Laimbeer hits 3's which is all that matters today

Interesting take

Yeah very interesting

The difference is that Jokic is actually skilled unlike Laimbeer

That makes Laimbeer an unskilled, unathletic white dude with zero muscle definition

Keep digging

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But wait Laimbeer hits 3's which is all that matters today
    Laimber was an occasional spot up 3
    Jokic is a fantastic passer, can actually handle, post up and shoot the rock tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He was an 'occasional' spot up 3 shooter because that's what the game called for at that time.

In today's NBA, the 2-point shot is only as valuable as the 3 if it's shot at a 60% clip. Everyone outside Ben Simmons is encouraged to bomb away now.

And this is straying away from my point that muscle definition is great but is not end all, be all.

Laimber was an occasional spot up 3
    Jokic is a fantastic passer, can actually handle, post up and shoot the rock tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was an 'occasional' spot up 3 shooter because that's what the game called for at that time.

In today's NBA, the 2-point shot is only as valuable as the 3 if it's shot at a 60% clip. Everyone outside Ben Simmons is encouraged to bomb away now.

And this is straying away from my point that muscle definition is great but is not end all, be all.
    Still Jokic is much more skilled

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sure, and Larry Bird was by no means a poster child for Men's fitness magazine and he was more skilled than both of them.

Still Jokic is much more skilled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, and Larry Bird was by no means a poster child for Men's fitness magazine and he was more skilled than both of them.
    Now Larry Bird is one of the very old school guys I could see thrive in today's league : passing, shooting, basketball IQ; he fits (but yeah he would have to give up drinking beer on game day and doing back breaking home chores lol)

Jokic's passing reminds a lot of Bird's passing, it's really a carbon copy (athough Jokic was a fan of Magic growing up)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bird was so slow and nonathletic that it amazed the out of me everytime I watched him, how he could even compete out there . He could barely jump over a Sunday morning newspaper.

I think one of the reasons he was so effective was that high basketball IQ and the fact that he could trash talk and mentally screw with you, winning a battle before any shots were taken.. Who do we have in today's game that compares? This current era does not even have a KG who only delivered a fraction of the time

Now Larry Bird is one of the very old school guys I could see thrive in today's league : passing, shooting, basketball IQ; he fits (but yeah he would have to give up drinking beer on game day and doing back breaking home chores lol)

Jokic's passing reminds a lot of Bird's passing, it's really a carbon copy (athough Jokic was a fan of Magic growing up)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched it yet but I'm thinking about watching the Magic Johnson All Star Game where we cured AIDS upon him hitting that forty foot set shot. If there's any proof you need that we're living in a simulation, that's it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I haven't watched it yet but I'm thinking about watching the Magic Johnson All Star Game where we cured AIDS upon him hitting that forty foot set shot. If there's any proof you need that we're living in a simulation, that's it.
    One of the few all star games that kept my attention from start to finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird was so slow and nonathletic that it amazed the out of me everytime I watched him, how he could even compete out there . He could barely jump over a Sunday morning newspaper.

I think one of the reasons he was so effective was that high basketball IQ and the fact that he could trash talk and mentally screw with you, winning a battle before any shots were taken.. Who do we have in today's game that compares? This current era does not even have a KG who only delivered a fraction of the time
    Agreed, Bird would take a few lives if he played today, he is IMO the greatest trash talker in the history of the NBA, by far

KG sucks in that area, he jaws at people with no substance

tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the few all star games that kept my attention from start to finish.
    Same. And it's the only one that I really remember. It was pretty surreal that he stepped back and put that over Thomas. And it's not like he kept shooting until he made one.
    Although I just went back to check the shot. It was over Thomas but it was just behind the line. Not a 40' like I had in my mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic and Robinson had such great chemistry (asg and dream team) it would have been fun if they were teammates during their careers

Thread Information