Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know that the Spurs have a ton of draft picks coming up the next 3 years. Obviously we have a full roster that needs alot of tweaking still to surround Wemby. The Spurs are using this year to see how our current players measure up. The Spurs are most likely going to be very aggressive in trades to make sure we keep Wemby happy. I cant see us drafting 3 first round picks this year, so who is out there that the Spurs might be eying to trade for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls are about to blow it up. They have some decent players like Zach, Alex and dare I say... DeRozan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm DeMar DeRozan would be interesting as he wouldn't be the number 1 option and he can pass the ball (shows how desperate I am for a PG for this team). Just not sure about the spacing, though, as I'm not sure if he's shot more from three point range these past couple of years with Chicago. I assume he still sucks from three point range. He also doesn't fit in age wise, and I also assume his defense is still abysmal (something we don't really need with how poor this team is already on defense). Darn. Spurs really need some decent players as it's got me thinking about getting DeMar back .

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade everything for Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just things off the top of my head as starting points.

Johnson for Ingram
    Johnson for fultz or suggs
    Wesley and Graham for T Jones brother.
    Jazz has options THT, Kessler
    Nets have plenty of good wings and need to lower their bill. Cam Johnson for example
    Watch the cavs if things are not going well. Garland for Johnson and picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob Poeltl
    Nic Claxton
    Jarrett Allen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two guys I like are Delon Wright and Alec Burks. Both are free agents after this season, and both have had late career surges as far as impact-- Wright is one of the most underrated defenders in the league, and Burks has shot over 40% from 3 in his last four seasons... but it would probably be wiser to pursue them as low cost FAs rather than trading any assets for them. Last night, the Knicks constantly attacked whatever side of the court Wembanyama wasn't on-- for me, that has to be the first issue to address for a team that was historically bad on D last season, and is barely any better so far this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two guys I like are Delon Wright and Alec Burks. Both are free agents after this season, and both have had late career surges as far as impact-- Wright is one of the most underrated defenders in the league, and Burks has shot over 40% from 3 in his last four seasons... but it would probably be wiser to pursue them as low cost FAs rather than trading any assets for them. Last night, the Knicks constantly attacked whatever side of the court Wembanyama wasn't on-- for me, that has to be the first issue to address for a team that was historically bad on D last season, and is barely any better so far this year.
    I was just about to post this.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just things off the top of my head as starting points.

Johnson for Ingram
    Johnson for fultz or suggs
    Wesley and Graham for T Jones brother.
    Jazz has options THT, Kessler
    Nets have plenty of good wings and need to lower their bill. Cam Johnson for example
    Watch the cavs if things are not going well. Garland for Johnson and picks?
    Ingram is an upgrade for sure but often injured and I don't see how they would view a Keldon trade as a smart move.
    I'm not high on Suggs. Fultz is a possibility. He would be a nice fit here.
    THT isn't worth trading for unless they're just gonna hand him over. They're not gonna move Kessler. He's been great for them.
    Cam Johnson is making 24 million. He's not bad but I don't know about eating that much cap for a guy only getting you 12-15 ppg. He disappears a lot.
    They just upped Garland. At his age I believe they view him as a long term part of the team. Mitc will probably become available if they continue to struggle but word is Mitc is gonna be Knick.

Jakob Poeltl
    Nic Claxton
    Jarrett Allen
    Allen would be a better Collins. At least I think he would. We still haven't seen the best of Collins but I don't see Allen getting any better than what he is.
    I like Claxton too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see at all Spurs FO making a big move at this trade deadline. Their plan was to be bad this year to get a high draft pick. I don't see why they would change that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see at all Spurs FO making a big move at this trade deadline. Their plan was to be bad this year to get a high draft pick. I don't see why they would change that.
    yeah, i don't see why there is such urgency to start trading away assets this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if anything i could see them trying to sell mcdermott as an expiring shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if anything i could see them trying to sell mcdermott as an expiring shooter
    Any of McDermott, Graham, and Cedi could be moved.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan. Jesus ing Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen would be a better Collins. At least I think he would. We still haven't seen the best of Collins but I don't see Allen getting any better than what he is.
    I like Claxton too.

Jarrett Allen isn’t a free agent until 2026. Is he supposed to be available?

Claxton started 76 games last season, played 30 minutes a game, and shot free throws at .541. If you liked watching Poeltl at the line you’ll love Claxton. Not bad otherwise tho. Doesn’t shoot 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jarrett Allen isn’t a free agent until 2026. Is he supposed to be available?

Claxton started 76 games last season, played 30 minutes a game, and shot free throws at .541. If you liked watching Poeltl at the line you’ll love Claxton. Not bad otherwise tho. Doesn’t shoot 3s.
    sometimes people sell their junk at a garage sale and then go buy the same kind of junk at someone else's garage sale.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs should be trading for anyone unless it's a young reclamation project at a low price (a second or two), or some sort of consolidation trade where they take on a contract that extends into next year and a bad first like the CHA pick in return for a better (more likely to convey) first.

But if a team with a disgruntled star greatly underperforms and decides to tear it down, the Spurs are in a prime position to swoop in. Though I think this is much more likely to happen in the summer than the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs should be trading for anyone unless it's a young reclamation project at a low price (a second or two), or some sort of consolidation trade where they take on a contract that extends into next year and a bad first like the CHA pick in return for a better (more likely to convey) first.

But if a team with a disgruntled star greatly underperforms and decides to tear it down, the Spurs are in a prime position to swoop in. Though I think this is much more likely to happen in the summer than the trade deadline.
    I'm pretty much in the opposite camp. In the summer, there are probably 24 teams that think they can get one of the 16 playoff spots. In February, no one is wearing beer goggles anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we want to go after promising young talent we could try to pull former #5 pick Jaden Ivey from Detroit. They got Killian Haze and Cade Cunningham, Ivey seems to be the odd man out as a ball handler. There have been recent rumors that he may become available for a 1st round pick and a role player.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we want to go after promising young talent we could try to pull former #5 pick Jaden Ivey from Detroit. They got Killian Haze and Cade Cunningham, Ivey seems to be the odd man out as a ball handler. There have been recent rumors that he may become available for a 1st round pick and a role player.
    I haven't watched any of their games but checking box scores he does seem to be the odd man out. What's going that has him limited to a bench role? Is it really just that the other two are playing that much better? You'd think they would have made a point to put more minutes on Ivey considering he was supposed to be Morant lite for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched any of their games but checking box scores he does seem to be the odd man out. What's going that has him limited to a bench role? Is it really just that the other two are playing that much better? You'd think they would have made a point to put more minutes on Ivey considering he was supposed to be Morant lite for them.
    It seems they are valuing the defense of Haze and Cade over Ivey's offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to start giving Graham some minutes so they can up his value. I mean what is their plan for him? If they end up just letting him walk that Boston trade is starting to look pretty bad. I get it was necessary and the 2028 swap is there but it's doubtful that will be a high end pick and if so the Spurs basically traded White for some seconds and Blake Wesley who is looking like he'll be in China in a few years

Graham/McD/Osman should all be gone by the deadline imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to start giving Graham some minutes so they can up his value. I mean what is their plan for him? If they end up just letting him walk that Boston trade is starting to look pretty bad. I get it was necessary and the 2028 swap is there but it's doubtful that will be a high end pick and if so the Spurs basically traded White for some seconds and Blake Wesley who is looking like he'll be in China in a few years

Graham/McD/Osman should all be gone by the deadline imo
    He didn't come from Boston, he came from NO, along with 4 SRPs for Josh Richardson. If they get something else for him, fine. If not, no biggie. They've already been paid to take his contract by some of those those SRPs. If you're looking for some sort of big payout for him, beyond maybe a SRP, you're going to be disappointed.

The pivot point for that Boston trade was always the swap. 2028 is a long time from now. Tatum will be 30, and Brown will be 32, both likely hugely overpaid and over the hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't come from Boston, he came from NO, along with 4 SRPs for Josh Richardson. If they get something else for him, fine. If not, no biggie. They've already been paid to take his contract by some of those those SRPs. If you're looking for some sort of big payout for him, beyond maybe a SRP, you're going to be disappointed.

The pivot point for that Boston trade was always the swap. 2028 is a long time from now. Tatum will be 30, and Brown will be 32, both likely hugely overpaid and over the hill.
    Yeah I got that. But the Spurs traded Jrich for Graham. So functionally the trade has been White for Graham, Wesley, some seconds, and a swap. 30 and 32 are not old, both of them will probably still be very good players by then especially Tatum.

I'm just saying, the Spurs need to figure out what theyre doing with Graham because he isn't playing, has basically 0 value right now, is a free agent after this year, and does not look to be in SAs long term plans. Especially given our PG woes, it makes no sense that he is getting 0 floor time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jaden Ivey becomes available Spurs should be all in. Perfect fit for need and timeline. I'd offer the Bulls pick for Ivey right now.

Thread Information