Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance it happens imo but I saw a rumor that the heat want to pursue Demar Derozan, deal was supposedly Demar for Duncan Robinson & Precious Achiwua
    That trade actually makes a lot of sense... The Spurs have a lot of cap room, they could use some of that to pay Robinson since the Heat might not want to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance it happens imo but I saw a rumor that the heat want to pursue Demar Derozan, deal was supposedly Demar for Duncan Robinson & Precious Achiwua
    That's not possible as a trade. They'd need to move Dragic too but even then the Spurs can't take back three for one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not possible as a trade. They'd need to move Dragic too but even then the Spurs can't take back three for one.
    Olynyk/ Leonard and iggy could be filler

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG: Murray/ Mills/ Tre
    SG: White/ Lonnie/ Q
    SF: Keldon/ Vassell/ KBD
    PF: Robinson/ Gay/ Luka/ Lyles
    C: Poeltl/ Achiuwa/ Eubanks

I ing love it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olynyk/ Leonard and iggy could be filler
    That would be 3 or 4 for 1 then. Spurs would have 18 or 19 total players on roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be 3 or 4 for 1 then. Spurs would have 18 or 19 total players on roster.
    Waive Iggy, KBD, Q
    Trade Aldridge for Boston's exception

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd doubt that the Spurs trade DeMar but if the Heat were offering both Robinson and Achiuwa then that might be enough to get them to the table.

Problem is that strict salary and roster limits complicate a trade. Dragic, Robinson and Achiuwa for DeRozan works financially but wouldn't work because of roster limits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waive Iggy, KBD, Q
    Trade Aldridge for Boston's exception
    KBD and Q are both two-ways, not actually on the NBA roster. How would the Spurs waive Iggy if he would be apart of a potential deal? It would have to be Dragic to make the money work and the Spurs would likely have to waive Lyles, a player that they like.

I believe the Spurs would also have to take back a player in a Aldridge to Boston trade because they're hard-capped and they can't absorb his $27 million salary, post trade kicker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD and Q are both two-ways, not actually on the NBA roster. How would the Spurs waive Iggy if he would be apart of a potential deal? It would have to be Dragic to make the money work and the Spurs would likely have to waive Lyles, a player that they like.

I believe the Spurs would also have to take back a player in a Aldridge to Boston trade because they're hard-capped and they can't absorb his $27 million salary, post trade kicker.
    The Spurs like Lyles? News to me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs like Lyles? News to me...
    Pop has praised him several times, just cutting him seems unlikely, especially if their planning to move on from Aldridge--probably waiving him at this point. Spurs wouldn't waive Aldridge, however, until after the deadline which wouldn't help in regards to the rumored trade.

The rumored Heat deal can't happen unless the Spurs waive a player or ship a player back. If they ship a player like Lyles back, then it is likely going to mean that the trade won't work financially.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd doubt that the Spurs trade DeMar but if the Heat were offering both Robinson and Achiuwa then that might be enough to get them to the table.

Problem is that strict salary and roster limits complicate a trade. Dragic, Robinson and Achiuwa for DeRozan works financially but wouldn't work because of roster limits.
    I don’t see the roster concern as a big obstacle. Just make the trade slightly bigger:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb7g8b8n

It’d be a good haul for DDR honestly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure comedy after he criticized Harden.
    Wow. I forgot about that tirade of his where he criticized Harden at the start of the season. Yeah, this guy is still the same guy he was all along. Unbelievable. What a joke of a person and also joke of a league this is these days.

Edit : Just read the Miami trade proposal. Can't you waive players after a trade, or does it have to be done before a trade? How does the roster limit work for trades?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be 4 for 2 (probably have to include Eubanks to make it work) and waive Lyles...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the roster concern as a big obstacle. Just make the trade slightly bigger:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb7g8b8n

It’d be a good haul for DDR honestly.
    I don't see Dragic being let go. Isn't he a fan favorite and doesn't he have a good relationship with Jimmy?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I believe Boston is $19M or so below the apron and that they can send back $8M or more in salary in the trade and absorb LMA's $27M into the TPE anyway. Maybe Tristan Thompson, who is owed $9.7M next season, plus an asset to make up for having to eat Thompson's salary next year, as well as the fact that Aldridge should be an upgrade over Thompson (otherwise why would Boston trade for him?).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Dragic being let go. Isn't he a fan favorite and doesn't he have a good relationship with Jimmy?
    I’m agnostic on the Who, just pulled one of their big contracts. Still works if you replace Dragic with Olynk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is if Flake Griffin gets bought out he‘ll join the Lakers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is if Flake Griffin gets bought out he‘ll join the Lakers
    Yep, another move I'd expect from someone like him, Cousins etc. I guess he wouldn't want to play for the Clippers again, and he probably wants to go back to LA to live there, so the Lakers are the logical choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other RFA trade candidates:

Kyle Kuzma
    Marvin Bagley
    Michael Porter Jr
    Wendell Carter Jr
    Robert Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Robert Williams, although there must be a story why he doesn't get more time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. I forgot about that tirade of his where he criticized Harden at the start of the season. Yeah, this guy is still the same guy he was all along. Unbelievable. What a joke of a person and also joke of a league this is these days.

Edit : Just read the Miami trade proposal. Can't you waive players after a trade, or does it have to be done before a trade? How does the roster limit work for trades?
    During the season, you can never go beyond 15 players on your regular roster except in extreme cases where you need an exemption because too many people are out. So the Spurs can't do a 4-for-2 trade and then waive one of the four guys they get, because they'd have to be able to go up to 16 players for that short time. SA would have to include or waive one of their players. I think you could easily make the case for Eubanks being waived if Achiuwa and Olynk are also coming back. But they don't have the dead contracts on their team this year to just get rid of guys if the return isn't enough.

I think Robinson and Achiuwa would be borderline good enough if it were just one of LMA or DMDR going out. I think if both are going out, then they aren't getting enough value to also throw away millions more. Miami would have to be willing to eat Lyles or somehow pay a third team to take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The trade has to be able to happen within foster constraints. You can’t overload your roster, and THEN do cuts. Spurs cannot take back more than one player more than they send out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The trade has to be able to happen within roster constraints. You can’t overload your roster, and THEN do cuts. Spurs cannot take back more than one player more than they send out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like Duncan Robinson. He’s just a super big version of Forbes, a great shooter that you have to completely hide on defense. They were lucky to be able to do that in the bubble, but it looks like he turned back into a pumpkin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like Duncan Robinson. He’s just a super big version of Forbes, a great shooter that you have to completely hide on defense. They were lucky to be able to do that in the bubble, but it looks like he turned back into a pumpkin.
    Well, it depends how much you extend Duncan for. I think something like $13 mil per year is acceptable. Keep in mind we're also getting back Precious in this deal. He would fit great.

Thread Information