Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest difference between how Murray's been playing lately and how Murray was playing early in the year is he's just atrocious in the paint nowadays. The guy gets to the rim pretty easily, but just like the rest of the Spurs can't finish around the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ewwvanks and diop not cutting it eh?!
    I don’t know how Eubanks is in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle getting raped inside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell has been clowned on defense twice in this game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of guys have competed before who had no real shot at winning. KJ would fit into that group.
    He has no chance of making it. He is 72nd on made 3s. It’s almost always a combination of fg% and makes that get you in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat of the moment but as good of a shooter as Dougie is, he isnt very good at shooting lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any other coach not in their first year would be fired by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any other coach not in their first year would be fired by now.
    at worst, one more season of pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how Eubanks is in the league.
    „He works hard and is a good teammate“

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, we keep trying to find excuses in individuals and coaching, but the truth is that this team just isn't good.
    Some of them could be role players on serious playoff teams, but DJ is the only one who made actual progress over the past few seasons and is a legit player.

Everyone else is slightly above average at best, despite our emotional attachment and some fancy advanced stats.
    *Too early to say in Devin's and obviously Primo's case.
    Oh man this is my exact line of thinking.

It’s crazy that people don’t see this. The problem with this board is it appears most only watch Spurs games, and some only follow box scores and hi-lites. Drew Eubanks looks great in the hi-lite reels. Eubanks and KBD are fringe NBA players while White, Jak and McDermott are average to solid role players.

Vassell, Primo and to a lesser extent Keldon still too early to tell but they aren’t anything to be overly optimistic about. The NBA is flush with young, high upside talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is bonner getting his number retired?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has no chance of making it. He is 72nd on made 3s. It’s almost always a combination of fg% and makes that get you in.
    Fair point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally some energy coming out after the half

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our players including DjM is at best average in handling. When they attack the rim there is always a defender in position forcing us to shoot those super high layups or floaters. Hope that Manu could help them improve on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man this is my exact line of thinking.

It’s crazy that people don’t see this. The problem with this board is it appears most only watch Spurs games, and some only follow box scores and hi-lites. Drew Eubanks looks great in the hi-lite reels. Eubanks and KBD are fringe NBA players while White, Jak and McDermott are average to solid role players.

Vassell, Primo and to a lesser extent Keldon still too early to tell but they aren’t anything to be overly optimistic about. The NBA is flush with young, high upside talent.
    ”flush with young, high upside talent” just isn’t true. Ignoring teams not in the re-build, there are one, maybe two teams with maybe more young talent than the Spurs.

every other rebuilding team is just like the Spurs: one great young player (Murray) in place, and then 2-3 wait and see players.

Rockets don’t have that one great player. Jalen Green is trash and no one else is realistically turning into a worthy All Star one day. If you ignore the “fresh new car smell” from all their rookies, they’re all actually pretty average.

Thunder have no one that is that promising after SGA. Giddey is nice and I like him, but is he really that much more exciting than our 2-3 “wait and see” guys?

I think the Bobcats are in the same spot as us with LaMelo and Bridges.

I give you the Cavs and the TWolves, but that’s pretty much it. The Spurs catch up pretty quickly after this summer with a good pick in the draft.

Wizards have nobody.

Detroit have Cade and that’s it.

Pacers have nobody.

Who on the Magic is turning into a star? Love Franz and maybe he has an outside shot, but that’s it.

SAC is a dumpster. Rumor is they want to trade away Haliburton. Mitc is a defense guy.

i think the tendency is people overrate the guys on other teams because they aren’t the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the nba jock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘In other games…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ”flush with young, high upside talent” just isn’t true. Ignoring teams not in the re-build, there are one, maybe two teams with maybe more young talent than the Spurs.

every other rebuilding team is just like the Spurs: one great young player (Murray) in place, and then 2-3 wait and see players.

Rockets don’t have that one great player. Jalen Green is trash and no one else is realistically turning into a worthy All Star one day. If you ignore the “fresh new car smell” from all their rookies, they’re all actually pretty average.

Thunder have no one that is that promising after SGA. Giddey is nice and I like him, but is he really that much more exciting than our 2-3 “wait and see” guys?

I think the Bobcats are in the same spot as us with LaMelo and Bridges.

I give you the Cavs and the TWolves, but that’s pretty much it. The Spurs catch up pretty quickly after this summer with a good pick in the draft.

Wizards have nobody.

Detroit have Cade and that’s it.

Pacers have nobody.

Who on the Magic is turning into a star? Love Franz and maybe he has an outside shot, but that’s it.

SAC is a dumpster. Rumor is they want to trade away Haliburton. Mitc is a defense guy.

i think the tendency is people overrate the guys on other teams because they aren’t the Spurs.
    Oh man c’mon.

The Hornets duo of Bridges and Lamello is much better than anything we have.

Orlando absolutely has more young talent than we do

Sac has been pretty vocal Haliburton and Fox are future building blocks and un likely to he traded and again more talented than any duo we have.

Bulls have guys like Ayo, Williams.

All I’m arguing is alot of the NBA has 2-3 solid young players with upside and the likes of Vassell, Primo and Johnson are nothing to be overly excited about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin getting away with the push off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get a top 5 pick they should be fine tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get a top 5 pick they should be fine tbh
    we're all praying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man c’mon.

The Hornets duo of Bridges and Lamello is much better than anything we have.

Orlando absolutely has more young talent than we do

Sac has been pretty vocal Haliburton and Fox are future building blocks and un likely to he traded and again more talented than any duo we have.

Bulls have guys like Ayo, Williams.

All I’m arguing is alot of the NBA has 2-3 solid young players with upside and the likes of Vassell, Primo and Johnson are nothing to be overly excited about.
    Bridges isn’t as impressive as you think he is.

Saying Orlando has more young talent we do is vague as and if they did, they would be winning more games than us. They’re in the same cycle as the Thunder of collecting a group of guys who aren’t amounting to much because they’re hot garbage. You just think they do because they drafted high the years prior. The truth is, a couple years from now they’re still going to be in the same spot except they probably drafted OTHER guys because the current group hasn’t amount to much. It’s very convenient for folks to forget all this high upside young talent a few years later like amnesia.

Ayo, Williams? Are you ing kidding me? Are you just reading a list or something and assuming they’re good?

Fox hasn’t done for years and Murray is better than both. Again, those two don’t look like they’re leading that team anywhere unless they keep drafting players and get lucky (which means the same position as us)

And all I’m arguing is while you may be right about the current young Spurs, you’re absolutely wrong about the guys on other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the spurs have one push left?!

Thread Information