View Poll Results: When will the Spurs be contenders?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within 5 years

11 37.93%
  • 6-10 years

13 44.83%
  • 11-15 years

1 3.45%
  • 16-20 years

3 10.34%
  • Never

1 3.45%
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you had to guess. Let's define "contender" as reaching the conference finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without a true franchise player probably atleast 10 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just don't know if the next Leonard is at number 9 in this draft. Ane every year you don't hit, you're a year longer away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 more years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero idea.
    I'm glad for what I was able to witness.
    It will never be forgotten.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero idea.
    I'm glad for what I was able to witness.
    It will never be forgotten.
    This tbh. I've gotten to spend the better part of my adult life watching my team be contenders/win les(I was 21 when they won the first). It was a historic, once in a lifetime run. I'll keep following them and hoping they become regular contenders again but getting to spend some of the best years of my life watching them in their best years is something few fans of few franchises can claim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh. I've gotten to spend the better part of my adult life watching my team be contenders/win les(I was 21 when they won the first). It was a historic, once in a lifetime run. I'll keep following them and hoping they become regular contenders again but getting to spend some of the best years of my life watching them in their best years is something few fans of few franchises can claim.
    That's true, man. I feel grateful that my formative years aligned with the Spurs dynasty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing hot damn. This man gets it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it's cool that some people here experienced the Spurs greatest years in their 20s and 30s. I was older when they won their first, but it seemed like the perfect time of my life as well. I have had a blast and feel most fortunate. Yeah we could possibly make the conference finals in five years or so, but who knows?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've followed the Spurs since 1973.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it's cool that some people here experienced the Spurs greatest years in their 20s and 30s. I was older when they won their first, but it seemed like the perfect time of my life as well. I have had a blast and feel most fortunate. Yeah we could possibly make the conference finals in five years or so, but who knows?
    My mother passed March 14th 0f '14.
    We would watch Spurs games together and she just knew that our team was going to do it that year.
    '13 was going to be avenged.
    She just missed it.
    Maybe she didn't.
    I know I didn't and that le meant more to me than all of the rest put together and I will go a happy and proud man of our team because they were never meant for so much success and yet they attained so much more.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    years after they've relocated to austin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was 15 when they won the first le so I got to seem them win throughout my whole entire young adult years. At this point anything is gravy and as weird as it sounds as long as a team I hate doesn't win a le that is a season where I break even as a fan. Last year was an example of that with the Bucks winning. This year not so much since it looks like the Warriors will win it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really depends on what kind of trades they make in the future. Also don’t forget we got the 2025 Bulls pick and the 2028 Boston swap. If they can become a playoff team by 2024 they will be able to load up the roster

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to tell

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mother passed March 14th 0f '14.
    We would watch Spurs games together and she just knew that our team was going to do it that year.
    '13 was going to be avenged.
    She just missed it.
    Maybe she didn't.
    I know I didn't and that le meant more to me than all of the rest put together and I will go a happy and proud man of our team because they were never meant for so much success and yet they attained so much more.
    My first child was born in March '14. I would record the games and watch them during bottle feedings throughout the night (one half at a time with a couple-hour nap between halves). It was hard to keep from cheering loud, and I'll never forget that playoffs. I hope someday that all 4 of my kids get to watch a championship run with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My first child was born in March '14. I would record the games and watch them during bottle feedings throughout the night (one half at a time with a couple-hour nap between halves). It was hard to keep from cheering loud, and I'll never forget that playoffs. I hope someday that all 4 of my kids get to watch a championship run with me.
    Awesome. I hope so too bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just don't know if the next Leonard is at number 9 in this draft. Ane every year you don't hit, you're a year longer away.
    Jokic, Freak, Kwa Leonard....

It could happen again.

I thought 2014 would be it for quite a while. And while it probably will be, darned if 17 were weren't right there until getting Zaza'd.

Thread Information