Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly came down to the pick protections. That's pretty ing close. That means they had all of the players and matching salaries done. That's usually what kills a deal.
    Spurs couldnt get those unprotected picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs really do trade Dejounte Murray for the #4 pick and believe Primo is the starting PG of the future, then they’d draft Keegan Murray over Jaden Ivey wouldn’t they?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly came down to the pick protections. That's pretty ing close. That means they had all of the players and matching salaries done. That's usually what kills a deal.
    Exactly. It could be revived tonight if one of the picks moving leads to someone the spurs like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. It could be revived tonight if one of the picks moving leads to someone the spurs like.

dont hold your breath

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs really do trade Dejounte Murray for the #4 pick and believe Primo is the starting PG of the future, then they’d draft Keegan Murray over Jaden Ivey wouldn’t they?
    Not necessarily. Ivey projects more as a secondary ball handler. It’s why people like him at DET with Cade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait! Who's guarding Ja?!?!?!?!
    It’s certainly not DJ. And not just Ja, but every shifty guards who torch the Spurs every single night. Spurs need a point-of-attack defender as much ad they need a defensive PF from this draft - Davis, Dyson

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Primo is going to look like Kobe starting next to Caleb Houstan. Joking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, if they meet somewhere in the middle on the protections. They want full 1-14 lottery on all of them. We probably want unprotected or maybe 1-4. Maybe they split the difference? Like 1-8 on all of them, or two unprotected or lightly protected, and two full lottery protected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, if they meet somewhere in the middle on the protections. They want full 1-14 lottery on all of them. We probably want unprotected or maybe 1-4. Maybe they split the difference? Like 1-8 on all of them, or two unprotected or lightly protected, and two full lottery protected?
    Reminder, you don’t have inside information even if you do play dominos with Pop’s older brother at the local rec centre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id imagine any final offer comes when pick 4 is on the clock . No urgency till then. There should be other trades ready too if the spurs did their jobs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminder, you don’t have inside information even if you do play dominos with Pop’s older brother at the local rec centre.
    Did I say I did? You do understand what the words maybe and probably mean, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im all for moving murray. as much as i love the guy, we're just in no position to win rn and it makes sense to get as much as u can for him while his value is at an all-time high.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not interested in trading an allstar for lottery protected picks at all unless it's coming with either the #2 or #3 tonight to get Holmgren or Banchero.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not interested in trading an allstar for lottery protected picks at all unless it's coming with either the #2 or #3 tonight to get Holmgren or Banchero.
    Then you won't be trading because those guys won't be traded for Murray.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, the best offer the Hawks have for John Collins as of now is Harrison Barnes straight up with no pick attached as just reported by The Athletic. Spurs should absolutely try to grab him for J-Rich, McDermott and 25 or something along those lines

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah probably not, Spurs aren't going to pull one over on Presti to get Holmgren and Houston seems to be in love with Banchero, though they could be lying I guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs were on the verge of landing Ivey and possibly Okongwu and it doesn't get revived/completed because of pick protections, they'll have probably passed up on the best value they're likely to get for Murray going forward.

If they retain Murray/Poeltl, chances are we're right back here next year, debating the merits of a cadre of underwhelming prospects (relative to need) in the late lottery as opposed to entering the Wembaynyama sweepstakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs were on the verge of landing Ivey and possibly Okongwu and it doesn't get revived/completed because of pick protections, they'll have probably passed up on the best value they're likely to get for Murray going forward.

If they retain Murray/Poeltl, chances are we're right back here next year, debating the merits of a cadre of underwhelming prospects (relative to need) in the late lottery as opposed to entering the Wembaynyama sweepstakes.

hve to be moved before he enters his final contract season and his value takes a nose dive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bend over and I'll show you an All-Star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah probably not, Spurs aren't going to pull one over on Presti to get Holmgren and Houston seems to be in love with Banchero, though they could be lying I guess.
    bend over and I'll show you a lie.

no...er, wait a second. that didn’t come out the way I meant it.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this means the Spurs want to tank, but I think its hard not listen to a deal that involves getting 4 draft picks in return for Dejounte. I have a big time emotional attachment to DJM, and I think he's very good, but if the Spurs can get that kind of a package for them they HAVE to consider it. Especially now, when Dejounte's value is the highest its ever been.
    Quit getting emotioanally attached to players on a team that is closer to the bottom than the top.

Ivey is going to be great, a better player than Murray in the long run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit getting emotioanally attached to players on a team that is closer to the bottom than the top.

Ivey is going to be great, a better player than Murray in the long run.
    Not in Detroit he isn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some more Intel from Seth Partnow podcast:

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in Detroit he isn’t.
    Ivey will be great in Detroit. They have some good young talent there.

Thread Information