Post Count
    Some more Intel from Seth Partnow podcast:

Just get Collins and keep DJ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some more Intel from Seth Partnow podcast:

That sounds to me like we're going to move him and Jak for picks...take bad contracts for picks...maybe even move KJ for picks....play the young guys and try to get enough ping pong balls to get a shot at Victor Wembanyama..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds to me like we're going to move him and Jak for picks...take bad contracts for picks...maybe even move KJ for picks....play the young guys and try to get enough ping pong balls to get a shot at Victor Wembanyama..
    From your keyboard to Pop's eyes. Please sweet baby jesus.

Just don't let this kid end up a Laker. I'll quit basketball forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another summer of Spurs fans wanting a DJ trade to happen? And then the season starts and he’s still a Spur?

When will yall ever learn?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly what we should be doing. Primo is making progress and could take over next year. Trading Murray and Jak get us at least 2 first rounders in '23. If we want Wembanyama we have to tank hard. Whoever gets first is not giving it up even if we could offer a high lottery pick and two additional first rounders so we have one shot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can't see Trae and DJ fitting well together on offense.
    Having an off-ball guard that's not really a catch and shoot threat is really bad in today's league.

But if they really want him, make them overpay.
    I wouldn't do the trade if Hawks aren't willing to include Hunter, they're misusing him, anyway.
    I'd do DJ+Jakob for Hunter+Collins.
    Maybe even take Capela's contract with Doug etc.

That's the version if Pop doesn't want to tank.
    But as you guys already said, best case scenario is just getting all the possible assets and embaracing the tank this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From your keyboard to Pop's eyes. Please sweet baby jesus.

Just don't let this kid end up a Laker. I'll quit basketball forever.
    Lakers can't get Wembanyama. They don't control their own 2023 pick - NO have swap rights with no protections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not doing none of that. I'm calling the Hawks to give up John Collins for Walker, J-Rich and a 2nd rounder so we can make the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Murray to Atlanta deal is dead for good. Spurs likely were targeting pick 4 from Sacramento in a three-way trade + future picks from Atlanta but this can't happen anymore. They're doing their due diligence, which they should, and they're setting high prices for their assets, which they also should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers can't get Wembanyama. They don't control their own 2023 pick - NO have swap rights with no protections.
    You clearly have more faith in the righteousness of the universe than I do. Nature finds a way. Lakers are roaches and cannot be exterminated even when they do everything possible that kills every other species (franchise).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks are in a tough spot tbh supposedly before the draft the kings were offering a package around Harrison Barnes without the #4 pick. They’re not gonna get a better player in a trade then JC imo but time will tell.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You clearly have more faith in the righteousness of the universe than I do. Nature finds a way. Lakers are roaches and cannot be exterminated even when they do everything possible that kills every other species (franchise).
    Never count the Lakers dead. They always find ways to rise from the dead and turn that team around quickly.

LA has always been the number one destination for the top free agents and that's how the lakers build their teams through free agency unlike the spurs who have to build through the draft process.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of this drama over Josh ing Primo

This dude better be ing good this year

Imagine having a point guard have a career year and be the most improved player in the league while becoming an all star and being like, we going to make somebody else the point guard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs don’t trade DJM, dude has a decade of ball left in him. Unless the trade his Herschel Walker crazy, there’s no need for rumors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I think the draft was the context for this trade. Another may arise down the road, but right now I'd be more focused on how i can extort the crap out the on the Knicks in their quest to land Brunson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, all this trade DJM is just a bunch of hot air only way we trading him is if it's a block buster deal where we getting multiple first round picks

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tells me that even if the trade doesn’t go through with ATL, we’re gonna have to trade Dejounte now in the very near future. He’s not going to be happy with being stuck on a ty team that is trying to actively get rid of him.

There's a huge difference between actively trying to get rid of someone and "We'll hear your offer, Oh you'll give us Collins, Your pick for this year and 2024, Toss in an unprotected Kings pick, and a random pick from like the nets or philly" Hum lets see what we can shuffle to match salaries, and talk with agents. Oh wait you won't/can't remove the lottery protections from the kings pick and yours in the future.... Yeah how about no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I think the draft was the context for this trade. Another may arise down the road, but right now I'd be more focused on how i can extort the crap out the on the Knicks in their quest to land Brunson.
    I'd love to snatch one of those OKC picks. Just not sure if the Knicks would make a deal with us, we're not exactly friends

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to snatch one of those OKC picks. Just not sure if the Knicks would make a deal with us, we're not exactly friends
    They have a rager on for Bronson but must shed salary first. They likely need to unload Fournier to make it work, but Nerlens is the other piece that helps move the needle too.

Spurs could:

- For a FRP and a SRP, Spurs could send out Romeo, KBD, and Jock (all waivable for NYK) and take back a year of Nerlens (~9M).

- For 3 FRP (remember several they just got are heavily protected), Spurs could absorb 2 years of Fournier (~18M per year).

- or do both

If the Spurs are interested in Ayton, they would have more picks to throw at the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be very open to getting Noel back for a year for picks. Restrictions need to be lightened however

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the three way to get 4 is no longer even theoretical, I don't see anything that makes sense for Murray and with the Spurs drafting Sochan, the Hornets Williams and the Raptors Koloko (not that he necessarily projects as a starter, but they probably won't pursue a similar type, non star one for now), the only Poeltl trade that makes sense is for Ayton.

They have a rager on for Bronson but must shed salary first. They likely need to unload Fournier to make it work, but Nerlens is the other piece that helps move the needle too.

Spurs could:

- For a FRP and a SRP, Spurs could send out Romeo, KBD, and Jock (all waivable for NYK) and take back a year of Nerlens (~9M).

- For 3 FRP (remember several they just got are heavily protected), Spurs could absorb 2 years of Fournier (~18M per year).

- or do both

If the Spurs are interested in Ayton, they would have more picks to throw at the Suns.
    Great call. The Suns could either keep both Poeltl and Noel and make a decision by the deadline or, if they're comfortable with the latter as a starter (and as a relatively inexpensive vertical spacer, they might be) look to expand it to three teamer, with Poeltl and the Knicks draft capital going somewhere for something they prefer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington makes sense. Johnny Davis + KCP + 3 firsts (one unprotected, one top 4 protected and one top 8 protected)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington makes sense. Johnny Davis + KCP + 3 firsts (one unprotected, one top 4 protected and one top 8 protected)
    I like that. If we could swing Deni instead of KCP even better.

I still feel we will end up dealing with NYK this summer in some capacity. Whether eating their bad money or even a DJ landing spot itself (Knicks have 7 picks including there own that could be decent).

Thread Information