Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though I have been a fan since 85, no game from 85-97 comes close to these 16: (sorry I have to index from 0 like C++ tbh, forgot about TD's first playoff game)

0. 1998 WCSF Game 1 - In his playoff debut Tim Duncan completely takes over the second half of the game, destroying Antonio McDyess and Hot Rod Williams and setting the stage for a career of dominance over the Suns. Duncan cannot be stopped!

1. 1999 WCF Game 2 - Sean Elliott leads the Spurs from 18 down and hits a crazy gamewinner over Rasheed Wallace while tiptoeing to avoid the sideline.

2. 1999 Finals Game 5 - Spurs win their first behind a 31 point performance from Duncan, with Avery Johnson, the point guard everyone said could never lead the Spurs to a le, hitting the clincher.

3. 2002 WCQF Game 3 - With the series tied 1-1 and the Spurs pissed at Desmond Mason's showboat dunk to end Game 2, nineteen year-old Tony Parker comes in and destroys Gary Payton on his home floor. 23 points on 10-15 shooting with 5 boards and 4 assists on the road against a first ballot Hall of Famer from a guy who should have been a freshman at UCLA. To me, this is really the game I thought the Spurs were back and ready to be le contenders again, especially with the rumors of Ginobili finally coming over.

4. 2003 WCSF Game 6 - After narrowly escaping Game 5 when Robert Horry's three bounced out, no one was giving the Spurs much of a shot to close LA out on the road in Game 6. Duncan comes in and puts up 37 and 16 in front of Jack and Parker has a monster 27 point game, including a back-breaking layup at the end of the third that really seemed to break the Lakers spirit. Russ destroys the asterisk on national TV.

5. 2003 WCF Game 6 - Down 13 in the fourth, with Parker sick and Duncan having a bad game, Stephen Jackson goes nuts and starts a 23-0 run that Steve Kerr comes in and caps off. Probably the most impressive run in franchise history to clinch their second trip to the Finals.

6. 2003 Finals Game 6 - Tim Duncan 21/20/10/8 while holding Kenyon Martin to an embarrassing 3/23 shooting night. David Robinson 13/17 to win a le in his last game. Spurs use a 19-0 run to end New Jersey's season when Ginobili and Jackson go nuts, with some great play from Speedy Claxton too.

7. 2005 WCSF Game 5 - With the Spurs blowing a 2-0 lead and coming back to San Antonio 2-2, Manu Ginobili goes crazy, dropping 39 points on Seattle on 15 FGA.

8. 2005 WCF Game 2 - Suns are really hanging in there in this must win for them. I love the sequence: Nash hits a three to take a two point lead 102-100 Suns with 3 minutes left and the crowd is going ing nuts. Rob comes back after the timeout and drops a three to make it 103-102 Spurs, Manu goes behind his back reverse spin on Marion for the layup 105-102 Spurs. Then Stoudemire misses a layup and Manu takes his famous hop back jumper against Marion to make it 107-102 Spurs.

9. 2005 Finals Game 5 - Duncan looks amazing for three quarters, but has nothing left in the tank in the fourth thanks to two bad ankles. Rob puts up the legendary performance of legendary Spurs playoff performances to take up the slack, scoring 21 points, with his first points being from a three with one second left in the third and his last the shot to take the 96-95 lead that was the final score.

10. 2007 WCSF Game 6 - Everyone knew Spurs-Suns was the Finals that year, and in a le clinching game ( Utah and Cleveland) Manu Ginobili had the greatest game he has ever played: 33 points on 11-17 shooting, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals. He was everywhere that night and completely broke the game open in the third. Parker and Duncan had huge games too in clinching le #4.

11. 2008 WCQF Game 1 - Tim Duncan 40 points. The Suns kept coming so close to stealing this, and then they let Finley get open for the three to force OT. Duncan hits the three to force 2OT. Nash hits a crazy fadeaway three from the baseline that looks like it could force 3OT, but Ginobili hits the gamewinning layup on Raja Bell.

12. 2012 WCSF Game 3 - Spurs are down 24 to the Clippers in the second and come back and completely blow the game open. I'll always love the 2011-12 Spurs because that's where the current iteration of the team based on precision ball movement and lots of cuts was born.

13. 2013 Finals Game 3 - Danny Green and Gary Neal go nuts from the three point line and the Spurs blow the Heat out by 36 to take a 2-1 lead in the Finals.

14. 2014 Finals Game 3 - OK, so Miami is coming back home with the series tied 1-1 after handing the Spurs a bitter loss on their own homecourt. So the Spurs respond by starting the game shooting 19-21 to take a 25 point lead while setting an NBA Finals record of 76% for a half. Then withstand a monster Heat run and blow the game back open again to hand Miami a crushing defeat.

15. 2014 Finals Game 5 - The Spurs overcome a 22-6 deficit with a 59-22 run to finally pay Miami back for 6 and cap off the greatest redemption story in league history, while also setting a record for best FG percentage and best point differential in Finals history. This capped off a postseason with 12 wins of 15+ points, and the series was so lopsided it broke the 2x defending champions up.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 09-01-2014 at 10:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's 3pointer game against PHX in 2008 always stands out to me for some reason tbh. I just remember going crazy watching the game.

It's followed closely by Tim ending the Kobe/Shaq 3peat in 03.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if I have to pick one game, it is:

4. 2003 WCSF Game 6 - After narrowly escaping Game 5 when Robert Horry's three bounced out, no one was giving the Spurs much of a shot to close LA out on the road in Game 6. Duncan comes in and puts up 37 and 16 in front of Jack and Parker has a monster 27 point game, including a back-breaking layup at the end of the third that really seemed to break the Lakers spirit. Russ destroys the asterisk on national TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to pick between 9,11,15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and also 4 ofcourse but I was young back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember trying to get engaged to the NBA again after MJ's retirement and coming across that Spurs-Blazers game in 99 with all that noise, that excitement and when that guy with those badass elbow and knees pads (don't judge me I was just 12 back then) hit that crazy shot I recall thinking "There's life after Jordan afterall".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to like awesome regular season Spurs games more than playoffs, which are nerve wracking and make me anxious more than anything. The game against Dallas where Pop benched the starters and the other guys came in and almost won it was awesome. That is distinctly the first time I remember thinking Danny Green could really be special. Kawhi's buzzer beater against Cleveland. Tony's career high against the TWolves I think. This year we played a 2OT game against the Wizards without Manu, Tony, or Kawhi that was one of the most awesome basketball games I've ever seen, with TD going vintage for 31, 11, and 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memorial Day Miracle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you should have omitted 6 from your index like how most tall buildings don't have a 13th floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm going with this though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tied between Game 6 of this year's WCF (maybe it's fresh on my mind but there were quite a few memorable moments) and Game 5 of the 2005 Finals (Game 7 of that series was also an [underrated] all-time Spurs classic because of the suffocating defense the Spurs played down the stretch against one of the best defensive teams of all time). And an honorable mention to David Robinson's last game in '03.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl how is Game 5 from the 2005 NBA Finals so low? I get that you're an older, Duncan homer fan but that's just ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, the Spurs lose that game and I don't see them winning in 2005.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl how is Game 5 from the 2005 NBA Finals so low? I get that you're an older, Duncan homer fan but that's just ridiculous.
    I listed them in order of date

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 5 in 2005 is still my all time favorite game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I listed them in order of date
    Oh okay. My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 5 in 2005 is still my all time favorite game.
    Probably one of the best games ever tbh. You could put it up there with Game 6 of 2013 of more recent Finals' games. Obviously we both like one more than the other due to a common reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 WCF Game 6
    2005 NBA Finals Game 5
    2014 NBA Finals Game 3
    2005 WCSF Game 6

From the seasons when the Spurs didn't win a championship:
    2013 WCSF Game 1
    2008 WCQF Game 1
    2013 NBA Finals Game 3 & 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 WCF Game 6
    2005 NBA Finals Game 5
    2014 NBA Finals Game 3
    2005 WCSF Game 6

From the seasons when the Spurs didn't win a championship:
    2013 WCSF Game 1
    2008 WCQF Game 1
    2013 NBA Finals Game 3 & 5
    Game 5 of the 2011 WCSF against Memphis was good too. We won but ultimately lost the series in Game 6.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few others:
    - 2005 Finals Game 7 - looking bleak midway through the second quarter, Tim and Manu took over. No looking back after taking lead around halftime. Nothing beats game 7 of the Finals.
    - 2014 WCF Game 6 - probably the best of all these games given the level of compe ion. Finally expelled the Thunder demons

In a vacuum (for thrill factor, even if less meaningful in the grand scheme of things):
    - 2011 First Round Game 5 - yes we ended up losing to the Grizzlies in the next game, but the finish with the Manu toe on the line three and the Neal tying three was great
    - 2013 WCSF Game 1 - crazy double OT game against Golden State

I'll catch a lot of heat for this one, but 6 (and 7) from last year in a way made this year's le that much sweeter. And for good measure, let's add in the Roger Mason Jr. Christmas Day game (one of few bright spots from the dark years between the 2008 and 2012 WCF appearances ... 11 and 12 on your list).

And not for the basketball, but 2013 First Round Game 4 was officially the end of the Kobe era in LA and may be the last time a team he is on ever sniffs the playoffs - understood he was hurt by that point, but was great watching Baynes piss off Dwight into getting tossed.

Game 5 of the 2011 WCSF against Memphis was good too. We won but ultimately lost the series in Game 6.
    Beat me to it by a few seconds...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. I tend to erase how that season played out so it slipped my mind.

I also really enjoyed the 2010 series against Dallas. It was fun seeing the Spurs knock out the Mavs as the 7th seed and getting their revenge for 06 and 09.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing can come close to closing out the Forum and Shaq Kobe and Fishers Lakers. Nothing.

Do you expect me to talk? DieMrBond's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, it comes down to either 2003 WCF Game 6 or 2005 Finals Game 5.

Being in Australia, basically the only NBA I could catch pre~2000 was on 'NBA Action' or other weekly highlight TV shows that we SOMETIMES got to watch - or grabbing the sports section on the paper and hoping they had the box score for me to read - so the first real championship run I got to watch (thanks internet recordings!) was the 2003 run and I remember watching the box score come flying back up to a win in that game. It was amazing, but probably a little sentimental.

Now that I think about it however, it was definitely the Big Shot Bob game. I remember watching a dodgy live stream at work and watching the box score and reading here. Such a great freaking game. Other than, ya know - 2013, definitely the hardest series the Spurs have faced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2003 close out of the Lakers will always be sweetest to me. They had just wrecked us the previous years, it was miserable. Yeah, they jacked up with Payton and Malone and we couldn't get past them the following year, but at least the Pistons took them apart for good.

In that game was the first time I remember really noticing Ginobili's euro step, the crazy one driving straight at Shaq. It was mind boggling at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Game 5 2005 Finals - Horry
    2. Game 2 1999 WCF - Memorial Day Miracle
    3. Game 6 2014 WCF - I haven't felt more fulfilled after a win. Meth/Durbeta/Chimpbrick/African cab driver/Fisher/Butler.
    4. Game 6 2003 WCSF - Duncan closing out 3-peat Lakers
    5. Game 6 2003 WCF - Captain Jack and Kerr were amazing

Honorable mentions: Game 6 2003 Finals, Games 3-5 2014 Finals, Game 5 1999 Finals

Thread Information