My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    governor hotwheels

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of those mojados there needs to roll the gov onto I35.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About time.

Biden's plan to overhaul tax code would close offshore tax loopholes.

President Joe Biden’s tax plan would hike the corporate tax rate to bring in $2.5 trillion over 15 years to fund the sweeping $2 trillion infrastructure proposal unveiled last week, according to details released Wednesday by the Treasury Department.

Ambitious in scope by any means, the Made in America Tax Plan would raise the corporate tax rate from 21 to 28 percent, establish a sort of alternative minimum tax for high-earning corporations and attempt to close loopholes around offshoring profits.

The plan would capture $2 trillion that otherwise would “flow out of the country,” according to a Wall Street Journal op-ed written by Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...e-tax-n1263372

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley plotted to block Biden's Cabinet nominees —

but the scheme backfired

their efforts appear to have backfired after the Senate confirmed all of Biden's picks for the 15 traditional Cabinet positions —

and with more bipartisan support than Trump's nominees received.

despite the delay tactics, Biden became the first president since Ronald Reagan in 1981 to have all of his first choices confirmed to their positions.

And despite GOP obstruction, Biden's choices received more bipartisan support than Trump's. Biden's first 12 picks were confirmed by an average of nearly 61 votes,

three more than the average Trump nominee even though Republicans had a four-vote advantage in the Senate in 2017,

Hawley voted against every nominee for the 15 Cabinet secretary positions

while Cruz only
    voted to confirm
    Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin

https://www.rawstory.com/bidens-cabinet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Biden doing more actual work in 3 months than Trump did in 4 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a muppet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Biden lying his ass off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden doing more actual work in 3 months than Trump did in 4 years
    Trash and mafiya worked VERY HARD at destruction (easy, fast), not at building (hard, slow)

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Biden lying his ass off.
    It's true in Texas isn't it?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true in Texas isn't it?
    It's absolutely true.

This is more proof that Qhris and derp have never owned any guns whatsoever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's coattails late but long

Republican affiliation in US at lowest level since after Mitt Romney's 2012 loss

Democrats are seeing the largest advantage over Republicans in nearly a decade

9 percent more Americans currently affiliate themselves with the Democratic Party than the Republican Party.

This means that, throughout the first quarter of 2021,

an average of 49 percent of the country identified as a Democrat or someone with Democratic leanings,

while just 40 percent identified with the Republican Party or said they lean Republican.

The remaining 11 percent were independents who had no clear affiliation.

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/08/rep...eys-2012-loss/

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden doesn't have coattails. Republican affiliation is falling because Trump is running off more people from the party than he's attracting to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than a handful of Republican governors have blasted President Joe Biden’s gun control plans as total government outreach and some have defied his push with legislation of their own, according to reports.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey on Thursday signed a new bill that would block any federal restrictions against the Second Amendment in the state. In Tennessee on the same day, Gov. Bill Lee signed a bill that allows people in the state to carry handguns concealed or openly without a permit.

"I signed cons utional carry today because it shouldn't be hard for law-abiding Tennesseans to exercise their [Second Amendment] rights," Lee tweeted. "Thank you, members of the General Assembly and the National Rifle Association, for helping get this done."

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin S t on Thursday blasted Biden’s gun control plans as ''total federal outreach'' and promised to ''fight back.''

"It’s disappointing what is happening in D.C., the partisanship that the president is displaying,'' he said.

"Our way of life in Oklahoma is something that I’m going to protect," he stressed. "And so there is a lot of schemes going on and their ultimate goal is try to influence power and try to take rights away from citizens, and in Oklahoma we believe in freedoms and personal responsibility and that is what I’m going to stand up for as governor."

Biden earlier Thursday unveiled a raft of executive actions aimed at curbing gun violence and tightening firearm controls, including asking the Department of Justice to propose a rule to stop ''ghost guns,'' or homemade firearms that usually are assembled from parts and milled with a metal-cutting machine and often lack serial numbers used to trace them.

A second proposed rule will tighten regulations on pistol-stabilizing braces, like the one used by the Boulder, Colorado, shooter last month.

Speaking from the Rose Garden, Biden said: "No amendment to the Cons ution is absolute ... From the very beginning, you couldn't own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren't allowed to have weapons. So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we're recommending are contrary to the Cons ution."

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott called the move a ''liberal power grab to take away our guns.''

''We will NOT allow this in TX,'' he tweeted. ''It’s time to get legislation making TX a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State passed and to my desk for signing.''

Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy said Biden’s actions ''won’t save lives or stop criminals.''

''I think it’s out of control and it’s obvious that they can’t get it through Congress and so he’s acting on his own,'' added Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds. ''He’s doing it at a rapid speed. There has not been another president, I don’t think, in history that has implemented the number of executive orders that this president has implemented. And the hypocrisy of running as a uniter and a president that was going to bring both parties together and heal this country, he has done anything but that. He is continuing to divide the country and he’s doing it through these outlandish executive orders.''

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POTUS is Joe Biden, not Bernie Sanders, tbh

Thread Information