Page 19 of 173 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bill O'Brien would still be in the NFL if he were half the offensive mind that Sark is. Bama's offense is going to take a big step back next year even with all their 5'star talent.

I think it's the opening Sark needs to win some of these battles. With that said, Bama is still bama and if anyone thought Texas was going to take every 5'star guy and bama have nothing to say about it, well it was a fantacy lad. Saban is going to get his share of great players no matter what.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bill O'Brien would still be in the NFL if he were half the offensive mind that Sark is. Bama's offense is going to take a big step back next year even with all their 5'star talent.

I think it's the opening Sark needs to win some of these battles. With that said, Bama is still bama and if anyone thought Texas was going to take every 5'star guy and bama have nothing to say about it, well it was a fantacy lad. Saban is going to get his share of great players no matter what.
    Especially on defense. Because this is what Saban is. If Obrien cant keep up with the SEC being a scoring conference just like all the others, then we got a shot at some WR and RB and such. In other words, if Obrien runs an offense in a Saban-like manner, they will actually lose some games and not be so attractive.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

NOT FOOTBALL RELATED!

Not sure how I feel about this...we did beat KU twice including in the fog. It would be nice to finally win a championship even if there is an * next to our names.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

NOT FOOTBALL RELATED!

Not sure how I feel about this...we did beat KU twice including in the fog. It would be nice to finally win a championship even if there is an * next to our names.
    We beat TT by 1 pt shooting 42% threes?
    20 TO...

This team is gonna be a heartache.
    Better not invest too much personal attention.

The football team is on a fresh start and we are recruiting well.
    Best chance at actually seeing a good team is Women in Volleyball.
    And who knows how we match up this year against the West Coast and some of the better Eastern programs.

Slow start for Murphy. His team lost their first game 27-21 in overtime. One of the 3 scores by his team was an interception return. Not much practice or experience , so many opportunities to improve. Couldn't find box scores for game but watched the video highlights. He had two TD passes, at least 2 interceptions, one of which was on the opening drive of overtime, some sacks and at least five delay of game penalties.
    I know he is young, inexperienced and very talented, but I hope all of UT's QB hopes aren't riding on him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Slow start for Murphy. His team lost their first game 27-21 in overtime. One of the 3 scores by his team was an interception return. Not much practice or experience , so many opportunities to improve. Couldn't find box scores for game but watched the video highlights. He had two TD passes, at least 2 interceptions, one of which was on the opening drive of overtime, some sacks and at least five delay of game penalties.
    I know he is young, inexperienced and very talented, but I hope all of UT's QB hopes aren't riding on him.
    I now understand why we are still recruiting Ewers. I hope we take a second Quarterback in this class, I think he will improve but right now I'm getting the feeling he might be 18 wheeler 2.0

Have no fearSark plcked him and will coach him up. Like he did with Jones. Heard he is usto bad OL play.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Murphy still has a magical arm, but if you don't make good decisions with the ball it's really hard to put that arm to good use. This is what is making me concerned at this time. This kid should transfer to IMG and then we can see wht he can do with that talented arm.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Murphy still has a magical arm, but if you don't make good decisions with the ball it's really hard to put that arm to good use. This is what is making me concerned at this time. This kid should transfer to IMG and then we can see wht he can do with that talented arm.
    Isn’t this his first HS start, ever?

I'm not judging or criticizing . The team, if I read right has not had much practice time . Probably been almost a year and a half since full team practices. I hope he ends up being special. He seems to have a great at ude and of course the magic in his arm. It will be fun and interesting to watch him develop and grow into his leadership role. And yes he is just this year taking over the team. My thoughts are simply that I hope that far down the road that he or any other out of state kid would not be the only QB prospect being pursued for multiple reasons.
    Last edited by rogcl1; 03-13-2021 at 08:20 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I now understand why we are still recruiting Ewers. I hope we take a second Quarterback in this class, I think he will improve but right now I'm getting the feeling he might be 18 wheeler 2.0
    Lets have a frosh compe ion while Casey Thompson runs things.
    I can dream.
    Hudson Card progresses
    That would be a really nice stable.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    yes, we win the Big 12 Tourney......first time ever. We better be seeded no lower than 3. Had we been able to play and beat Kansas in the tourney, I would demand a 2 seed. Still, I believe a 3 seed is good enough to get us to the Sweet 16, if not the elite 8.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lets have a frosh compe ion while Casey Thompson runs things.
    I can dream.
    Hudson Card progresses
    That would be a really nice stable.
    My dream is that Thompson has a Heisman level season and leaves early after 1 season. Card takes over and also has a year or two of really good seasons and then our 2022 QB gets the start for a year and leaves for the NFL making way for Archie Manning.

Now that is a dream.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Hope we end up with a good seed today....

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    My dream is that Thompson has a Heisman level season and leaves early after 1 season. Card takes over and also has a year or two of really good seasons and then our 2022 QB gets the start for a year and leaves for the NFL making way for Archie Manning.

Now that is a dream.
    That would make us OU south......It is quite a fantasy. Unfortunately, we seem to always be Cinderella and the clock strikes midnight time and again.

Still, I will root for your scenario all day, every day......especially if it means we become a QB pipeline to the NFL for the next several years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count