Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to blame Murray to much. I have had upper respiratory infections that lasted 2 to 3 weeks and left me feeling wiped out. He carried this team all season so not going to throw all that away cause he coming back from an illness and has played 2 games in what...3 weeks?

Disappointed in Keldon. He got straight up ed. And it seems like the book is out on him. Run him off the 3 point line, put some length on him, and it nullifies his offense. He just doesn't have the athleticism or quickness to deal with someone like Herb guarding him.

I hope this is Lonnie last game. He just drifts in and out. To many games where he is a non factor. Would have been nice if he was more aggressive with Dejounte playing bad but oh well. Thanks for the memories Lonnie.

Impressed with Devin. I think he is going to take a big leap next year. He was ultra aggressive and went for his.
    Most importantly I am disappointed in Pop and I pray this is his last game. Keldon at the 4 has been a colossal failure defensively all year, he was lucky enough that Doug got hurt and forced him to play Collins and Landale with Poeltl, and as soon as Landale got hurt he went right back to this again. I mean are we really even trying to get a power forward cause I feel like Pop is content with leaving Keldon there.
    I'm not even too upset at Keldon. Thought the game for him was a duplicate of his season. Starts off bad and gets better.

A big part of why he struggled is Herb Jones. Herb Jones can ing play defense. He was a big part of why DJM struggled, and then when he went to the bench he just slid over to Keldon and shut his ass down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what guards are we drafting fellas?
    \

Sharpe
    Mathurin
    Davis

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    does kawhi stay with the spurs if he never got zaza'd / they won it all that year?

even if not his trade value would've been astronomical as a 2x FMVP...

it's just crazy how things turn out...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any dummy watching that performance tonight and not cheering for a lottery pick
    Agreed. I don't get why people are upset about this loss. There was nothing to gain by winning this game but more to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would give him a nod as a second option. He had 20+ points in 38 of the 68 games he played in, and double digit AST's in 30 games. Can't just throw that away.
    Its been clear all year that we don't have a #1 option. I think KJ and DJM would be good 2 and 3 options. Especially since Keldon should improve the next two years.

Honestly the longer it sits with me the more I am impressed with how DJM and Keldon came out in that 2nd half after being down. They showed a lot of heart. Would have been really easy to give up and pack it in.

Regardless of what people say, I do think them playing this game and the way it was played was valuable for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I give you because you ALWAYS unfairly talk about DJM. Like literally always. Its ing absurd to think that DJM is the primary reason we lost tonight when he literally can't even come off the floor because the team is so much worse without him out there.
    I give DJ credit where it is due. By all accounts, he had a great season and I was super psyched for him to get into the All Star game.

He is easily the best player the Spurs have right now, all things considered.

That said, he sucked donkey balls tonight. And he does have a tendency of making stupid, costly mistakes in crucial moments.

You don’t have to agree with me. It’s just my opinion. But I watch all the games just like you do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray Johnson 11 - 39,those two killed us

we got destroyed on the board s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does kawhi stay with the spurs if he never got zaza'd / they won it all that year?

even if not his trade value would've been astronomical as a 2x FMVP...

it's just crazy how things turn out...
    Honestly after the 2 decade run we had, we were due some bad like Kawhi being a . It is crazy the way things work out, but all in all, Spurs fans who watched the last couple of decades are lucky AF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All in all, good loss. The team fought, weaknesses exposed and saw some potential. I want Vassell to shoot a ton of 3s next year. Most exciting offseason for the Spurs in a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I give DJ credit where it is due. By all accounts, he had a great season and I was super psyched for him to get into the All Star game.

That said, he sucked donkey balls tonight. And he does have a tendency of making stupid, costly mistakes in crucial moments.

You don’t have to agree with me. It’s just my opinion. But I watch all the games just like you do.
    lmao no you do not give DJ credit where its due. All season you've been an unrealistic annoying right up to the final game thread being overly and unfairly critical about him. I'm not the only person who's butted heads with you on this. That first statement is ing laughable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to pick someone in the draft with elite athleticism no matter what the position is tbh. Granted we need an athletic big, but I am sick and tired of having no athletic freaks on our team. Lonnie is the only one the entire team, most teams have multiple players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao no you do not give DJ credit where its due. All season you've been an unrealistic annoying right up to the final game thread being overly and unfairly critical about him. I'm not the only person who's butted heads with you on this. That first statement is ing laughable.
    Ok, see you next season buddy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One thing we really never talk about with Murray is that he was just supposed to be a complimentary piece to Kawhi and instead he has to be the best player on the team now. He is going to have his growing pains cause he is trying to fit a role he was never supposed to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like seeing more games, but the play-in is really unfair to the 7 & 8 seed. Everyone plays the same amount games and if you don't make the cut so be it. Tonight was not a great night for Murray to shoot so poorly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly good stuff from this game imo….DJ should see he has to get better at shooting next season, Keldon didn’t give up, Devin played great to build his confidence, Primo and Tre didn’t seem lost out there. Spurs should some heart in coming back after a gutless start. Game also showcased Spurs huge need for an athletic power forward type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention, Murray got ill at a pretty bad time and had one game to get sorted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop asked in his post-game presser if he’s coming back next season.

His response was, “That’s an inappropriate question.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herb Jones is one of the most underrated players in the league right now: 12 pts, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, while guarding Dejounte, Keldon, and Devin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to pick someone in the draft with elite athleticism no matter what the position is tbh. Granted we need an athletic big, but I am sick and tired of having no athletic freaks on our team. Lonnie is the only one the entire team, most teams have multiple players.
    Murray is athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team is too small-pops doing
    Needed more and did not get it this game from DJM-I expected it
    KJ tried but just could not make a difference
    Vassel is a keeper
    Jakob fought-he is OK for the right price
    Young lotto left me wishing for more
    Jones, Lonnie were OK if cheap
    I like Richardson but who knows about him

I wish pop would leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop asked in his post-game presser if he’s coming back next season.

His response was, “That’s an inappropriate question.”
    And then he talked about "who we draft". He's coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be in the minority here, but I would like to see Pop come back. This team will be better next season no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then he talked about "who we draft". He's coming back.
    I think so too. But he could’ve just said that if we plans on it. Pop’s always gotta be aloof.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was an excellent game played by New Orleans. We could not stop them. In fact, I believe the Spurs got the benefit of the calls there.

Hoping Murray continues to grow and becomes our all-around general. This team goes, where he goes. Otherwise, I like our pieces and hope to get the core next season. Would be hard to see Lonnie go though. Part of drafting so well is letting some of these guys go.

Also, does anyone see a little Malik Rose in Keldon Johnson? Maybe he can fill that role in the team, you think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have been worse, we could have seen Demar shoot 3/19 today if he was still on the team

Thread Information