Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    What I mean is he won't have a big role until next year, look how long it took Splitter to finally play.
    If Pop can find time for De Colo, he can surely find time for Baynes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I mean is he won't have a big role until next year, look how long it took Splitter to finally play.
    Define "big role."

He's not going to surpass Splitter in the starting rotation or Boris as the first big off the bench, but he could take the fourth big role, which could be 10-15 mins/gm.

As I said before, it's not likely. But, I do think he'll get the opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to top it off...no hyperlink? For shame!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't make trouble for this site guys.

Spurs Nation = EXPRESS NEWS

DO NOT POST FULL ARTICLES FROM THE EXPRESS NEWS, SHORT EXCERPTS ONLY
    And to top it off...no hyperlink? For shame!
    True stories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like he's lost weight.... With Brett Brown as his previous Head Coach, It Looks like he's ready for the 4th spot off the Spurs bench!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm waiting for the first confirmed Baynes sighting in town!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice little article there. Definitely looking forward to the Baynes of my Existence arriving in SA. Is it me or has Pop fallen back on 'Tiago has been injured so much, otherwise he would have been playing more all along, and everyone would see what a good player he is' as an excuse for not having played him more way too much. His injuries seem really overstated and overblown by Pop. Yeah he had some injuries his first year, TWO SEASONS AGO. Pop underplayed him and finally finally finally is playing him the right way. , play him more if foul situation allows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice little article there. Definitely looking forward to the Baynes of my Existence arriving in SA. Is it me or has Pop fallen back on 'Tiago has been injured so much, otherwise he would have been playing more all along, and everyone would see what a good player he is' as an excuse for not having played him more way too much. His injuries seem really overstated and overblown by Pop. Yeah he had some injuries his first year, TWO SEASONS AGO. Pop underplayed him and finally finally finally is playing him the right way. , play him more if foul situation allows.
    Misleading (lying to) the media with regards to history and his decisions is a Pop staple. Aided and abetted by the slow, cowardly media who parrot whatever Pop says, reality be damned.

Pop could claim that the Spurs have been back-to-back champs the last two years and that Splitter had Ebola-Aids-Scurvy and the Express News would print it without hesitation, context, or fact checking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he plays against the Pels. He will have no practice time with the team. Counting last nights game, we have 6 games in 9 nights. No off time to work with team. He might see some time at Charlotte and Washington games but not alot. I think he will spend the 1st half of rodeo road trip at Austin getting in shape and learning some of the Spurs offense. Then after the all star break, we get to see him play more.
    Well, I disagree:
    - Baynes is currently in great playing shape. He doesn't need to go Austin to get in shape.
    - Baynes will mostly set screen and play some pick and roll on the offensive end. To do that, he doesn't really need to learn the offense and going to Austin won't really help him in that area. Even if Toros theoretically are running Spurs offense, it's far from being the case in reality and the drop of quality between NBA bigmen and D-League bigmen is just huge.

IMO, Baynes will sit at the end of Spurs bench as soon as he is signed. He will mostly play garbage time minutes at first but he could see his role being expanded if he is doing well. He could be send down to Austin but more for 1 game stints like De Colo than for an extended period of time like for Joseph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I disagree:
    - Baynes is currently in great playing shape. He doesn't need to go Austin to get in shape.
    - Baynes will mostly set screen and play some pick and roll on the offensive end. To do that, he doesn't really need to learn the offense and going to Austin won't really help him in that area. Even if Toros theoretically are running Spurs offense, it's far from being the case in reality and the drop of quality between NBA bigmen and D-League bigmen is just huge.

IMO, Baynes will sit at the end of Spurs bench as soon as he is signed. He will mostly play garbage time minutes at first but he could see his role being expanded if he is doing well. He could be send down to Austin but more for 1 game stints like De Colo than for an extended period of time like for Joseph.
    plus, he knows a lot of the sets already from the Aussie national team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can avg around 4 pts and 4-5 boards by the end of the season that would be great and reasonable expectations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there will be garbage time minutes against the Hornets, they've played the Spurs close all year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Confirmed sighting at the utsa game. Not sure how to upload a picture from my phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    objective. you are the man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks.

It's even better. Each game has it's own play-by-play section like NBA.com only a little more vague on the clock time. Here's his results page. Clicking on a game can then filter to PBP in case anyone wants to fast forward to blocks, steals, scores, turnovers, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Confirmed sighting at the utsa game. Not sure how to upload a picture from my phone.
    You can email to [email protected] and I'll put it up for you, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FSSW gives me the 30 minute pregame and I appreciate the out of that, but then they black out the F__ing game..........bas s!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here is the picture of Baynes at UTSA courtesy of MR-Clutch

Nice job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team