My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no more left on the Earth

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well deserved. Also, those voters should never vote again. What a joke of a list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was the most deserving of winning the award. The voters got it right.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article I was perusing made it sound like Curry wasn't that far behind.
    Glad the actual results leave no doubt.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is dumb on so many levels.
    And in the second place, I don't think fans were really voting for Rose like that.
    The system likes to reinforce the stereotype that fans are total f'ing morons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jokic has been consistent last 2 seasons...should award him the mvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph Curry should not be in top 10. Same for Rose. Who the is voting for this ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worst MVP since Wes Unseld

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agreed. Think the sport could benefit from an American born white superstar but at least Jokic and Luka holding it down for the euros.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worst MVP since Wes Unseld
    Not better than Kobe's Lifetime Achievement MVP in 2008?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not better than Kobe's Lifetime Achievement MVP in 2008?
    Atleast Kobe won the west that year. Jokic wishes he could lose the close out game in the finals by 24 points

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast Kobe won the west that year. Jokic wishes he could lose the close out game in the finals by 24 points
    If that's the argument, then give the MVP to LakerRef. Down 20, Lakers were on the verge of going down 0-2 with Game 3 in SA when LakerRef took over.
    One of the most dominant performances ever, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's the argument, then give the MVP to LakerRef. Down 20, Lakers were on the verge of going down 0-2 with Game 3 in SA when LakerRef took over.
    One of the most dominant performances ever, tbh.
    I'm pretty sure they do give out ref of the year awards tbh. But you've got nary room when Tim Donaghy came out with his book and said he was in your back pocket.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure they do give out ref of the year awards tbh. But you've got nary room when Tim Donaghy came out with his book and said he was in your back pocket.
    The machinations of your mind.

Lakers get major help from the refs. The disgraceful Nuggets-Lakers series last year should've solidified that in your mind once and for all.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic getting 0 first place votes but Curry getting 5 sticks out to me.
    Chris Paul getting all that consideration as if he's even the best player on his own team sticks out to me.
    Lebron getting a vote despite missing 27 of 72 games. They blaming that on the fans too?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Agreed. Think the sport could benefit from an American born white superstar but at least Jokic and Luka holding it down for the euros.
    most of the best American white athletes probably give up on basketball and end up being linemen and linebackers in football

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a theory why Euro whites have better success in the NBA when it comes to being stars and superstar players. I feel in Europe these players get to play in majority white leagues in which they get to focus on being the man and having the opportunity to be franchise players at a young age. Plus their teams coaches and management are more invested in their success at a young age. This type of environment fosters an alpha type of mindset.

Compare this to a white kid growing up in America and chances are he's not going to get opportunities to be the man on an AAU team or college team that will usually consist of majority black players. There is also the cultural stigma you are dealing with as an American white kid playing a majority black sport. To me it's mindset because I believe if Jokic,Doncic grew up in America then they are probably not in the NBA and if they are they are just role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a theory why Euro whites have better success in the NBA when it comes to being stars and superstar players. I feel in Europe these players get to play in majority white leagues in which they get to focus on being the man and having the opportunity to be franchise players at a young age. Plus their teams coaches and management are more invested in their success at a young age. This type of environment fosters an alpha type of mindset.

Compare this to a white kid growing up in America and chances are he's not going to get opportunities to be the man on an AAU team or college team that will usually consist of majority black players. There is also the cultural stigma you are dealing with as an American white kid playing a majority black sport. To me it's mindset because I believe if Jokic,Doncic grew up in America then they are probably not in the NBA and if they are they are just role players.
    or perhaps cause Europe is mostly white, so ofcourse a white guy will be a leader of the team.

and europeans are good cause of the coaches. Here it's not just who can jump high and sprint fast.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not gonna lie; you're on to something. White American players play like such f'ing betas. They're mostly afraid to even dribble more than twice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or perhaps cause Europe is mostly white, so ofcourse a white guy will be a leader of the team.

and europeans are good cause of the coaches. Here it's not just who can jump high and sprint fast.
    1. That's my point and it applies to all races. When you get to be with your own racial group it increases your chances in developing leadership skills vs being the minority in another racial group.
    2. I agree the European coaches are better at developing basketball skills where the AAU coaches don't work on any development of skills. AAU coaches tend to be hustlers looking to get paid so they are going to play the guy who they feel has the best chance of making them look good. If the kid is super athletic and can get 20-30 a game but lacks proper skills he is still playing and the AAU coach will not work to improve that player's skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie; you're on to something. White American players play like such f'ing betas. They're mostly afraid to even dribble more than twice.
    A few years ago I was on a cruise. The cruise for some reason televised Euro basketball games. I was amazed at how physical the Euroleague was compared to the current NBA. The Euroleague allows guys to be very physical on defense much like how the old NBA did. I think this also plays a role in these Euros not being intimidated by NBA players like they used to be back in the day. For example look at how Morris who is a straight up thug could not punk Doncic. Doncic had no fear of him and kept on lighting him up.

Thread Information