My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a wild draft for the ages, The San Antonio Spurs were rumored to be active on the phones in order to make all types of big moves. Unfortunately we forgot to Dial 1-800-Collect and none of those moves transpired. But that's okay because we ended up having the best possible night for our future.
    Why Standing Pat Makes Sense:

We get to keep our stars in DDR and LMA. It's better to lose them in free agency and have them be able to choose the team of their choice. It's not nice being the bad guy and trading them. So for their happiness, it's better if we keep them on for one more year.

As we saw last year we are in a dog fight for the 8th seed with a real shot of getting that 10th seed. That's the area that we want to be going forward. No sense being too good or too bad. Being in the middle in life is a better way to live.

We get to keep our cap flexibility going forward. Wrong was all over this in this year's draft. We now have a lot of cap space to sign more Pau Gasol or D. Carroll like contracts.

Why Dev was the right pick for us:

My man Dejounte was all over us getting Vessal to begin with. He was high on him and really looking forward to have him on our team. This addition means that Bryn Forbes will be starting over a lottery player. Imagine the story line, from an undrafted walk-on to an NBA starter to starting over the highest lottery pick the Spurs have had since Tim Duncan. That's history right there.

But real talk this was a big F-U OLD MAN from Bryan Wrong to Pop. We all know that Pop wanted to re-sign his pet to a multi-year deal and Wrong just gave him the middle finger as he played a draw-4 Uno wild card right in Pop's face and changed it to a color that Pop doesn't have... Red.

Dev's floor is Danny Green and when your floor is a 3 time NBA champ then it's a no brainer for us to take him. He has worked all offseason on fixing his non broken shot and the results look very promising. Obviously this means more positionless basketball for the Spurs with Dev being a versatile defender guarding other team's 2s and 3s. Him, Derrick White, and KJ will be beasts defensively for our bench.

Overall I'm pretty stoked on the pick. It makes moving our guards next year all that much easier. It will help us with depth when DDR leaves and a Murray, Vassell bench unit would be a good one. We could be pretty dangerous in 5 years when we tank and get a top pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really hoping we are able to get a top 10 draft pick next draft because it is loaded with talent at position of needs for us. So we can definitely find our starting SF/PF/ or Center in the next draft. I am still optimistic that we can do a trade and get another pick/young player just as long as we don’t take in a bad player/contract.

I agree I think we finally starting to move back to being a really good defensive team with White, Keldon, Murray, and Vassell. If we can develop the young kids and get our starting SF in next draft pick I think we might be able to attract some decent free agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Dejounte (the real one) was high on Vassell and wanted him to come here? Now I really hate the pick, smh.

Jokes aside, it could've been a worse draft. I'm still holding out hopes that some kind of trades are incoming. When's the deadline for that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to realize that their best bet is to suck next year for a decent pick in 2021. I think the fan base will excuse the FO if they did while developing the young guys. Put differently, I think fan patience on the LMA, DDR, and Gay core has run out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diversity Hire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diversity Hire.
    Don’t be a dummy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of things mentioned in Bryan Dubs. interview stood out to me:

- They were interested in plug ‘n play guys, versatility- seamless fits. They wanted players who weren’t the “man” on their college or current team. It explains to me why a guy like Kira Lewis, (who I feel has a chance at s om) wasn’t picked.
    - An extra added emphasis on character, High IQ players. Did their homework this year etc. May sound like the company line, but if you were to speculate - it seems the Morris and Carroll situations really affected them and the metrics they use to gauge roster fits.

He may not be the ideal player, but I expect in FA the Spurs to look at a guy like Myers Leonard who offers that versatility, shooting and teammate-ness the Spurs are very much after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of things mentioned in Bryan Dubs. interview stood out to me:

- They were interested in plug ‘n play guys, versatility- seamless fits. They wanted players who weren’t the “man” on their college or current team. It explains to me why a guy like Kira Lewis, (who I feel has a chance at s om) wasn’t picked.
    - An extra added emphasis on character, High IQ players. Did their homework this year etc. May sound like the company line, but if you were to speculate - it seems the Morris and Carroll situations really affected them and the metrics they use to gauge roster fits.

He may not be the ideal player, but I expect in FA the Spurs to look at a guy like Myers Leonard who offers that versatility, shooting and teammate-ness the Spurs are very much after.
    Don't forget Kawhi...not exactly the most cerebral personality. I like our picks, and I'm glad we got young men of character in this draft. We had that with Robinson and the Big 3. Now we just need a superstar to emerge from this group!

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diversity Hire.

No, but I think the Peter Principle is hard at work there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no link to the interview in here.

Thread Information