Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this pos got an extension so quick compared to other current/former spurs after their rookie contracts, hasnt proven
    LMA got a contract at the start of the season after he demanded a trade and choked in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lavine tore his ACL but when he returned he still l=knew how to play basketball. Then you have weirdos on Spurs Twitter claiming that Murray is a better player than DeRozan smh!!
    DDR is more talented...but we will never win with him...we can win with prime Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be a reason the spurs are struggling. With him out a whole year, the spurs had a great season last year. It was in fact one of my favorite seasons. The team had little talent but played cohesively and significantly overachieved. Murray was one of the main addition and this year the spurs struggled tremendously. The two things could be coincidental but they could also be related.
    Everyone else got better...we slgot worse (no bertans)...and last year's team barely made the playoffs, and we're nearly unwatchable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And let me just say... Giannis wouldn't be an MVP if he was surrounded by ppl that couldn't shoot and played slow... Murray is a young player that has ppl around him that don't maximize his strengths... What do u expect to happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're not gonna play defense then? We're essentially the '05 Suns?

I think the Spurs' bread and butter is their half-court game. That's where Demar and LMA excel at. Unfortunately, we haven't found a point guard to run the offense. Heck, even Tony Parker could run this show here, and do a better job, than DJ. You just need someone who can run the offense, and run it well, and we'd be good.
    Bread and butter? It's looking more like cheese and crackers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just need someone who can run the offense, and run it well, and we'd be good.
    The player that can run the offense comes off the bench every game playing 23 minutes. Derrick White needs to start. Said that before the season started and it's the main problem of this team right after Bryn Forbes being a starter

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And let me just say... Giannis wouldn't be an MVP if he was surrounded by ppl that couldn't shoot and played slow... Murray is a young player that has ppl around him that don't maximize his strengths... What do u expect to happen?
    first of all murray needs to improve handling. Second of all to maximize his strenght u need to put two athletic bigs and two excelent 3pt shooters. Good luck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has skills but like most of the team he is stupid when it comes to basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has skills but like most of the team he is stupid when it comes to basketball.
    just like his coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he just isn't that good. or smart.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he plays better continuously. But guys streak up and down all the time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your just a poor talent evaluator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your just a poor talent evaluator.
    More that you're just a dude who can't take any criticism about Murray and were sitting on this thread for days hoping he'd have a good game so you could bump it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just calling out your bias against Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has been bad this season (despite moments) overall. However, these glimpses show you the upside and that at a minimum his deal will be fair with a strong shot at being a value.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is the least of the Spurs problems. If you blame Murray before you blame Pop, DeMar, Forbes, and Bellineli, you don't know about basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the argument that some overrated Murray but his extension sure as didn't point to being overrated. That contract is at best a of a bargain and at worst fine. Murray has the tools. If anyone had come in here and pointed to his shooting stats being this good (and frankly the eye test says that his shot is fantastic) then almost no one would have thought he would be considered a bad player. He's definitely struggled with his handling of the ball and he does suffer from not knowing what to do, but he also is playing on a Spurs team with the absolute worst spacing and execution that anyone here has witnessed. That doesn't mean that he's been good, it just means that he's a young inexperienced player in a tough position. Its hard to have your defense shine when you line up next to Bryn Forbes and DeRozan. Look at the times we see him out there with a more athletic and defensive minded line up. He's better.

Its also possible that he just turned a corner. He's had a few very good games in a row so we'll see if that continues. Either way, I'm still super high on Murray because he's got really good skills and he's still very young. I'm not sure if he's an all star level player, but he's definitely a player who will be solid in the NBA for many years to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just calling out your bias against Murray.
    I am bias as against Murray because I hate to watch stupid basketball. I can easily say I am bias against a whole bunch of Spurs and their head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread brings home one constant: no matter how bad the Spurs PATFO (or any franchise in the NBA, for that matter) is, ST evaluators will always be worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not the worst player aside from bryn forbes. Troll thread. This team has Marco and Caroll lol
    Frankly I'd like to see him be more consistent, but he has already had a string of good games. He's not going to score 25 every night, that is an All STar level production, but I'd like to see him continue in current trajectory and see how far he can go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not the worst player aside from bryn forbes. Troll thread. This team has Marco and Caroll lol
    Frankly I'd like to see him be more consistent, but he has already had a string of good games. He's not going to score 25 every night, that is an All STar level production, but I'd like to see him continue in current trajectory and see how far he can go.
    and the thing is that he is passing the eye test as of late. he looks under control, his ball-handling is better. he doesn't seem to be rushing. his shot has nice mechanics and he isn't hesitating. he's also been more decisive about when to shoot or attack the rim. again, small sample size, but at least it's been in consecutive games as opposed to one game here and there. a nice and consistent end to the season would certainly be welcomed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the thing is that he is passing the eye test as of late. he looks under control, his ball-handling is better. he doesn't seem to be rushing. his shot has nice mechanics and he isn't hesitating. he's also been more decisive about when to shoot or attack the rim. again, small sample size, but at least it's been in consecutive games as opposed to one game here and there. a nice and consistent end to the season would certainly be welcomed.
    Exactly. Well put.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kid is just a natural leader and he clearly wants to be great. He's gon kill it next season, but I'm really curious to see how he plays the next 28 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the argument that some overrated Murray but his extension sure as didn't point to being overrated. That contract is at best a of a bargain and at worst fine. Murray has the tools. If anyone had come in here and pointed to his shooting stats being this good (and frankly the eye test says that his shot is fantastic) then almost no one would have thought he would be considered a bad player. He's definitely struggled with his handling of the ball and he does suffer from not knowing what to do, but he also is playing on a Spurs team with the absolute worst spacing and execution that anyone here has witnessed. That doesn't mean that he's been good, it just means that he's a young inexperienced player in a tough position. Its hard to have your defense shine when you line up next to Bryn Forbes and DeRozan. Look at the times we see him out there with a more athletic and defensive minded line up. He's better.

Its also possible that he just turned a corner. He's had a few very good games in a row so we'll see if that continues. Either way, I'm still super high on Murray because he's got really good skills and he's still very young. I'm not sure if he's an all star level player, but he's definitely a player who will be solid in the NBA for many years to come.
    I agree. I'm still not completely sold that Murray can be a star, but his deal, even for a decent starter, is good by today's NBA standards. We wouldn't have gotten a better player at that price who's that young and still with tons of potential upside.

Thread Information