Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Is ready to return to coaching apparently. Obviously Tampa is a possible destination, LOL Schiano. If the Jets bottom out badly in the second half of the year he could replace Rex. I'm inclined to believe the Texan fan base would embrace this possibility. I don't think he'd take the Dallas job unless Jerry took a step back from the GM role.

Gruden: "I haven't lost a game in 3 1/2 years" "But no, I'd like to give coaching one more time"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rn-to-coaching

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1498285

Smile you sonofabitch Chief Brody's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Miami Dolphins...called it on Monday

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Jon Gruden lives in Tampa iirc. That might give the Bucs an advantage.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 10-30-2013 at 11:57 AM.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Really thought he'd be around coaching without much break. I think he'll land in NY as a Rex Ryan replacement.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    fire garrett and bring in gruden.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    John Gruden lives in Tampa iirc. That might give the Bucs an advantage.
    And it doesn't hurt that he won a Lombardi trophy there as well. Could really galvanize the fan base tbh

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Didn't he have a falling out with the Glazer ownership? Seems like a logical fit but I see him elsewhere.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Only problem is that Gruden hated Al Davis. Well, I wouldn't say he hated him. He just didn't like the restrictive nature of a domineering owner IIRC. I don't think he would come back to put himself in that sort of situation. His stock is fairly high at the moment, being a Lombardi winning coach and all. So he should have multiple suitors, one of which who would put him in an ideal situation IMO

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Gruden doesn't wanna walk into a rebuilding project/impending salary cap . Miami has a porous O-line and questionable QB, but those 2002 Bucs didn't have the best O-line and Brad Johnson was a game manager (at least in his TB days). Plus, it's Miami

Post Count
    You're crazy if you think Jerry would bring in someone who knows the word no.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You're crazy if you think Jerry would bring in someone who knows the word no.
    Only problem is that Gruden hated Al Davis. Well, I wouldn't say he hated him. He just didn't like the restrictive nature of a domineering owner IIRC. I don't think he would come back to put himself in that sort of situation. His stock is fairly high at the moment, being a Lombardi winning coach and all. So he should have multiple suitors, one of which who would put him in an ideal situation IMO
    i agree with you both. i just hate garrett and want a winner in dallas for once.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    i agree with you both. i just hate garrett and want a winner in dallas for once.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Only problem is that Gruden hated Al Davis
    Gruden has pretty much always spoken highly of the Raiders and Al Davis since he's gone into broadcasting, not just since Al's passing. I would have loved the return of Chucky to Oakland, but it would be tough to move Dennis Allen out with the direction he has the team going. Unless after years of absence he wants to ease himself in as an offensive coordinator

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    come to jacksonville, you have a new roster and a top 2 pick. but hes probably going to tampa

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'll miss him on MNF, wherever he goes. One of the only reasons to watch that most weeks, imho

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Gruden has pretty much always spoken highly of the Raiders and Al Davis since he's gone into broadcasting, not just since Al's passing. I would have loved the return of Chucky to Oakland, but it would be tough to move Dennis Allen out with the direction he has the team going. Unless after years of absence he wants to ease himself in as an offensive coordinator
    True. I did go on to say it wasn't necessarily hate, just more of a dislike of restrictiveness.

But what about potentially snagging the Texan job? That's a slam dunk with that defense and running game.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    This is actually a common occurrence. It seems like the 90's ring smack has now turned into "we've never been any good." Annoying, tbh.

And yes to Chucky in Houston.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    with the way the texans backs can catch, and with their receivers, Gruden would sink in nicely. he's a west coast offense guy

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This is actually a common occurrence. It seems like the 90's ring smack has now turned into "we've never been any good." Annoying, tbh.

ungrateful bas s don't know what real football pain is

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ungrateful bas s don't know what real football pain is
    Have a buddy I work with that talks about how he's getting so tired of Dallas losing close games and that he doesn't know how much more he can take. I told him to come talk to me after he loses a few hundred more like that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i never talk 90's ring smack cuz i was still a kid during that time. i leave that to the old heads.

Sucks, tbh, I love Gruden as an announcer and how he's in love with every player on the field..

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Sucks, tbh, I love Gruden as an announcer and how he's in love with every player on the field..
    He was in love with Earl Thomas all night on Monday...

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    gruden will be a longhorn tbh

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count

Gruden would be a scary addition to Houston, especially since a little tinkering would put them right there. There are a few teams that fit the bill, but I'm not sure how upset the front office is with the way things are going in Houston (Ownership etc).

Thread Information