Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leadership is obviously going to be poor as long as vision is lacking.
    Even as Lakers management made strategic errors in recent years by not anticipating the increased value of draft picks, not putting on strong enough protection when trading those picks, not embracing analytics, not seeking out salary-cap expertise beyond Kupchak assistant Glenn Carraro, not realizing in their private pre-draft workout that Kristaps Porzingis was uniquely designed to win an All-Star Skills Compe ion when seeing if Mark Madsen could make Porzingis his personal bean bag and sit on him in the post...the lack of vision made it difficult to accomplish any goal.
    Then again, maybe the only goal was, as Kupchak said, "We'll get somebody. At some point, we will."
    That's a lot more like sitting in a waiting room than doing something special.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...pchak.amp.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If any of you dudes with real jobs had a standing CEO with 4 straight negative fiscals ...you would all expect him to lose that job. But they even fired the PR guy... this isn't just a takeover this is a reckoning what the he'll did John Black do?!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bringing up dumb tweets
    didn't stop people from voting for trump

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    [FONT="]Leadership is obviously going to be poor as long as vision is lacking.[/FONT]
    [FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="]Even as Lakers management made strategic errors in recent years by not anticipating the increased value of draft picks, not putting on strong enough protection when trading those picks, not embracing analytics, not seeking out salary-cap expertise beyond Kupchak assistant Glenn Carraro, not realizing in their private pre-draft workout that Kristaps Porzingis was uniquely designed to win an All-Star Skills Compe ion when seeing if Mark Madsen could make Porzingis his personal bean bag and sit on him in the post...the lack of vision made it difficult to accomplish any goal.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Then again, maybe the only goal was, as Kupchak said, "We'll get somebody. At some point, we will."[/FONT]
    That's a lot more like sitting in a waiting room than doing something special.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...pchak.amp.html
    The skills compe ion!!!
    Ding was just a mouthpiece for Jeannie showing she had a bigger than Jim Buss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The skills compe ion!!!
    Ding was just a mouthpiece for Jeannie showing she had a bigger than Jim Buss
    drafting a bust snitch instead of PorzinGOD and then not trading your other #2 bust for Cousins

And Jeannie did, thanks to their dead Dad. It was in his will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do they make this greasy dumpster fire any worse?

Seriously. Has a major market team taken a hit this bad and been this much of a laughing stock?

Nope. LOLakers.

Trying to re-ignite something that isn't there by back-dooring thru a trade that made the Pelicans no better and then this big circus collapsed further.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walton should be terrified for his job security, tbh..
    Mark Jackson is waiting in the wings

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My only solace: LA Dodgers' ascension towards contention in pretty short order since his ownership group took over. He knew jack about MLB and if Kershaw would stop going limp in the playoffs they are World Series champs. He was willing to spend money and acquire talent. Maybe he can do the same for the Lakers? midnightpulp - get your sweet and sour chicken eating ass in here.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You think losing your job is funny, Reck?
    How did you get fired on your day off?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think losing your job is funny, Reck?
    Kind of ed up. Losing a job sucks on its own.

Losing a job to an ass muncher who has aids to boot must be crushing. RIP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big day for progress in America, though, tbh..a woman and a sexual Black man running an NBA franchise..never thought I'd live to see the day..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big day for progress in America, though, tbh..a woman and a sexual Black man running an NBA franchise..never thought I'd live to see the day..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. No doubt in my mind.
    maybe the final drop in the cup... as they say.
    or straw that broke the camel's back.

For a franchise as glamorous and historic as the Lakers, to not even have a Top 20 player in the league on their roster for 4 years and going (Dwight was last in 2013) was unprecedented and it shows how much they have fallen in pedigree that marquee and 2nd tier FAs aren't even granting them token interviews ..They needed to stem the tide, and as cancerous as Cousins is, you have to take him especially when Ingram hasn't really displayed any superstar potential..
    Last edited by spursistan; 02-21-2017 at 03:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    KEVIN DING Verified account kevinDing

Nothing concrete, but I'm hearing strong indications Rob Pelinka, Kobe's longtime agent, will be the Lakers' next general manager.

rob is either going to be a yes man for magic or he's being brought in to handle the complex trade/cba landscape of the league, something magic has admittedly has no idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would I be surprised to see Kobe invited back as player/coach
    ala Jordan? Not really.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How did you get fired on your day off?
    Chaz called it, Tbh. Wanted to be left alone in ruining the franchise

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Would I be surprised to see Kobe invited back as player/coach
    ala Jordan? Not really.
    It's inevitable. The connections and elements are all there.

Jeannie "Kobe is worth every Penny" Buss
    Rob "I'm Kobe's agent" Pelinka
    and
    Magic "I would give Kobe any role he wants" Johnson

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing Cousins for Ingram probably was the last straw for good ol Magic
    You're ting me, Fredo passed on Cousins because of Ingram? They could have probably unloaded Mozgov on the Kings in such a deal to make salaries match.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you, Harlem!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's a good move. No one wanted to play for Fredo and Mitch but Magic should be able to do pretty well recruiting free agents, especially the ones on the down low.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're ting me, Fredo passed on Cousins because of Ingram? They could have probably unloaded Mozgov on the Kings in such a deal to make salaries match.
    entirely possible, mitch and kupcake were huge fans of the kids, as reported.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their only chance at star caliber player in the near future is PG who has grown disgruntled in Indy and is from LA and likes the limelights..Can Magic talk Bird into trading him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just when you thought they couldn't go any lower.

Thread Information