Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's got great reviews but I'm wondering if it's just because anyone that bothered to watch it was a diehard fan.

I'm wanting to take a break from docs and dark crime shows. Was thinking about giving this a shot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bend over, I'll give you a shot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll give you a shot.
    weak

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I'll get around to watching s2-4 but even back then the pace of the main story seemed really glacial. Acting is good and it's the first time on TV I remember the FX and camera techniques' being used that are commonplace today (the kind of stuff I really started noticing later in things like Star Trek minus the lens flares, so they shouldn't seem very dated or cheesy. Really good for basic cable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I never watched the original series, so I wouldn't consider myself a diehard fan. The opening miniseries and the first three seasons or so of the new series were really good. It was kind of like an ultra-realistic (for the time) space-based scifi show. It was a breath of fresh air when the only real options were Star Trek, Star Wars, or Babylon 5. As it went on though, I felt like it got weirder and weirder and they just pulled some twists out of their asses. There was a story that during a table read for one of the final episodes, Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck) got frustrated and screamed out that she didn't know what the was going on with the story or her character.

All that said, I still think it's worth a shot. The camera work and FX were really impressive and still hold up well IMO. They took a lot of risks and really pushed what could be done on basic cable. And as I said, I'd put the first two or three seasons up there with any great TV shows.
    Last edited by Xevious; 05-16-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll give you a battlestar.

I think that would have been a better ring shot.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I always thought these kind of shows were boring.

Star Trek, this and any space voyage shows just doesn't do it for me.

Everyone seems to love Firefly but to me it's just ok. The pace of these shows seem to always be mega slow.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Other than movies/sports/CNN/History Channel all that ...TV Show...stuff pretty much sucks. Would rather read, listen to music.

Why anyone would watch junk TV?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Other than movies/sports/CNN/History Channel all that ...TV Show...stuff pretty much sucks. Would rather read, listen to music.

Why anyone would watch junk TV?
    If you didn't watch it, don't post here.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    If you didn't watch it, don't post here.
    Stupid, the question was...did anyone watch the series....right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Stupid, the question was...did anyone watch the series....right?
    And you didn't, so right off.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    And you didn't, so right off.
    Pavlov, I was gone, you are the only reason I'm here now, do you think at all before posting? You come off as being an idiot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Pavlov, I was gone, you are the only reason I'm here now, do you think at all before posting? You come off as being an idiot.
    So you admit to following me around.

hahahahahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    So you admit to following me around.

hahahahahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Stupid, there was no doubt you were only here because of Avante I knew that.

Stupid, can you go a month without humping my leg? I 'm saying you can't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Stupid, there was no doubt you were only here because of Avante I knew that.

Stupid, can you go a month without humping my leg? I 'm saying you can't.
    You're humping my leg right now, dummy.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    You're humping my leg right now, dummy.
    Dude, you came to me, remember? Why?

Pavlov, why is all you ever do is hassle other posters?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Dude, you came to me, remember?
    I was here first, remember?

Leave this thread now.
    Last edited by Pavlov; 05-16-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched it. I generally liked it but it takes a while to get through and some of the episodes are real slogs. I wish it had been made when 10-13 episodes were standard for prestige TV. The 20+ episode seasons result in a lot of filler.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    I was her first, remember?

Leave this thread now.
    Which...her?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great show, really good acting. I think it paved the way for serious Sci-fi/fantasy shows, like The Walking Dead & Game of Thrones. I do think it loses steam in the last two seasons and the finale not amazing but they were covering some heavy topics and you do get a ending which is more then you can say for most high concept Sci-fi shows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Show was 7/10. Really slow pace. Main story line was solid, some of the side stories sucked.

My main gripe was there was hardly any fighting with the old robots

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think I'll give it a shot. Seems like I have to watch the mini series first anyway. Maybe that will give me an idea if I'll like the series.

Might squeeze in Catch 22 first.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amazing series. Just take it for what it is. Ignore the CGI, it's quite poor but the acting, themes, mythology, character development, and plot twists all make for a very good scifi show.

I would advise watching the 2 part miniseries "movie" before, it adds to the mind- aspect of the show itself. My first run, I never saw the movie, and the series still works well without it, but I'd recommend not skipping it.
    Last but not least, Tricia Helfer as Caprica Six is elite level gorgeous in that show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amazing series. Just take it for what it is. Ignore the CGI, it's quite poor but the acting, themes, mythology, character development, and plot twists all make for a very good scifi show.

I would advise watching the 2 part miniseries "movie" before, it adds to the mind- aspect of the show itself. My first run, I never saw the movie, and the series still works well without it, but I'd recommend not skipping it.
    Last but not least, Tricia Helfer as Caprica Six is elite level gorgeous in that show.

yeah...that's what I was wondering. I was about to start the series and it started off with "last time on...". Then started to replay some scenes. I assumed they were from the miniseries.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah...that's what I was wondering. I was about to start the series and it started off with "last time on...". Then started to replay some scenes. I assumed they were from the miniseries.
    You gain a greater appreciation for the initial relationship between Gaius and Six, and the mental projection stuff kind of makes more sense when you know the movie stuff.

Thread Information