Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those calls against Gordon were bad calls. Very questionable. Gordon makes more sense in the starting lineup than DeRozan if you're keeping Aldridge. Slide White into the starting 2 slot.
    You hearing anything brah?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon sucks, low iq chucker... If Spurs fans are frustrated with Derozan they'd kill themselves with Gordon. Spurs should throw in LWIV and get Isaac tbh..
    Forget the push offs and everything else. Those are truth nukes. If all we get from DDR is another year of bad salary cap, it would be better to just play it out and let him go. At least then the Spurs could get about the business of building a winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon sucks? He might be one of the more versatile defenders in the league and fills a need.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but nothing is going to happen.

Let's see how many of us this inevitably awful, trade-less season drives to suicide by the end lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo Bamba?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but nothing is going to happen.

Let's see how many of us this inevitably awful, trade-less season drives to suicide by the end lol
    Can't be worse than the mass suicide that will be caused when DeRozan inevitably gets extended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Magic fans are in favor of trading for DD at 65% in this poll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless a 1st round pick added, not sure a great trade ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would literally take back anything from Orlando to move Derozan. It could be 2 Epcot annual passes for Pop and Patty and I'd call it a slam dunk for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

go Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many want Demar traded just to be rid of him, but you need something back, otherwise you're just losing an asset. And Orlando really has nothing I'd want. Gordon has hit his ceiling. Fultz...meh, especially at the price. Tons of picks (since Orlando will probably suck again soon) is really only what I'd want to see. But you still need bodies for the salary exchange.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This won't happen tbh
    But it would be cool if it did
    Last edited by GAustex; 11-13-2019 at 04:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many want Demar traded just to be rid of him, but you need something back, otherwise you're just losing an asset. And Orlando really has nothing I'd want. Gordon has hit his ceiling. Fultz...meh, especially at the price. Tons of picks (since Orlando will probably suck again soon) is really only what I'd want to see. But you still need bodies for the salary exchange.
    Gordon is flawed, but at worst he’s a much better fit than DeRozan with his abilities in transition. Best case? He improves his shooting, provides a lot more lineup versatility and allows LMA to regain form and he’s on a Rudy Gay type deal for his talents. His deal DECLINES every year which is even better.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Addition by subtraction, man. It's like how Ewing was still an ok player in 1999 but the Knicks were better off when he went down so Camby could take his minutes. Same here with DeRozan vs White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could be Spurs fans rigging the ballot box?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also personally believe that a trade would happen well before the deadline if it’s going to happen. I think Pop will be reluctant but if Gordon is actually put on the table, they would want as much time as possible to gel and try to make the playoffs still.

But it’s going to take some more losses I think before Pop signs off on anything.
    Part of me hopes this happens ASAP bc right now there aren't any injuries... downside to postponing things like this if there is something possible/interesting is any injury can derail it.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-13-2019 at 04:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people may not like this but I wouldn’t hesitate to throw Lonnie in the deal with him, I like what I’m seeing from Keldon Johnson in the g league he had another 20 point game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Addition by subtraction, man. It's like how Ewing was still an ok player in 1999 but the Knicks were better off when he went down so Camby could take his minutes. Same here with DeRozan vs White.
    DDR plays SF and PF, while White is a PG/SG. DDR doesn't take any of his minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 Mo Bamba plz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm PATFO, I would try to get Bamba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather it was LA. LA for Gordon. I guess if DD goes LA might quit being such a wuss. DD forGordan would be an early Christmas for sure.... add Beli to that....!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in the off season, it's a no brainer and if it happens, it's all but certain that Gordon will be the centerpiece of the return. Beyond that, there's various combinations to make the salaries work, as well as the possibility of adding a third team.

The easiest one is including Fournier and Belinelli (Carroll or Lyles could also work), but I don't really want the former. Solid fit offensively, but less so defensively. If it could be expanded to include the Thunder, where they get Fournier, Lyles and say Johnson for Gallinari, I'd probably do it. But the Thunder would have to really love Johnson to do that.

Another permutation is Ross (Spurs were rumored interested last trade deadline) and Forbes. I like it in theory, but they just overpaid the former with 4/$50M contract.

Then again, Forbes is tracking towards probably 3-4/$21-24M anyway, so is the difference of 4.5-5.5M per for the next 3 years enough to supersede the fact that Ross is a much better fit and does that amount project to be crucial otherwise in the next few years? Probably not.

I know they love him, but Forbes isn't a starter and can't play alongside Mills.

Thread Information