Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican strategists are starting to "panic" and fear a "historic wipeout" in November: report

Republican insiders fear that November could be another Democratic wave election

they also fear that Democrats will achieve a majority in the U.S. Senate and increase the majority they presently hold in the U.S. House of Representatives.

"Trump has trailed former Vice President Joe Biden by almost 10 points in recent national polling. And Republicans privately admit things look just as bad at the local level."

"The environment really sucks for us right now.

We've got a worldwide pandemic,

the economy is slipping — and

now, we have a race war tacked on.

[If] the election were held today, we'd be talking about a wipeout.

We'd be in landslide territory."

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/21/rep...eport_partner/

I have no doubt that the corporatist, anti-progressive, BigDonor Dems under Pelosi and Schumer will do very little to undo the Repug destruction

Funny thing is that none of them can say anything publicly about the coming Blue Wave.

GOPs strength, i.e. unity in thought, is it's greatest weakness.

It is akin to a thoughtcrime to contradict Dear Leader Trump. That sounds hyperbolic, but... it is just reality. Republican voters have punished those who deviate.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ultra progressive candidate Booker is up on McGrath in Kentucky primary due to the black vote in Louisville and Lexington.

Its remarkable how the same black people who ostensibly voted for Biden because they’re pragmatic about electing a candidate who can “win the center” stop giving two s about “winning the center” when it’s a progressive black candidate on the ticket.

Either way, I’m pulling for Booker even though I think McGrath will win off the mail in ballots. McGrath is basically a characature of the rot inside the Democratic Party.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultra progressive candidate Booker is up on McGrath in Kentucky primary due to the black vote in Louisville and Lexington.

Its remarkable how the same black people who ostensibly voted for Biden because they’re pragmatic about electing a candidate who can “win the center” stop giving two s about “winning the center” when it’s a progressive black candidate on the ticket.

Either way, I’m pulling for Booker even though I think McGrath will win off the mail in ballots. McGrath is basically a characature of the rot inside the Democratic Party.
    Isn't this a situation of they both lose anyways but McGrath would lose by less type situation?

A lot of people hyping this race like it will matter in November. McGrath ran and lost in 2018 for a house seat. Not sure what made her think she could win statewide.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Isn't this a situation of they both lose anyways but McGrath would lose by less type situation?

A lot of people hyping this race like it will matter in November. McGrath ran and lost in 2018 for a house seat. Not sure what made her think she could win statewide.
    She’s a horrible candidate. Likeability matters more than policy, and she doesn’t have any. She comes off as a cold looking authoritarian way worse than even Hillary or Klobuchar, she needs to soften her appearance a lot to be electable. Flip flopping on Kavanaugh was also a huge stumble - when Fox News talks about Clinton Democrats who don’t have a soul and only pretend to care about working class voters by pandering however the political winds are blowing, they’re talking about McGrath.

I think they both lose to McConnell but I’m not convinced McGrath loses by less. It’s incredible that this race is even compe ive with Booker’s fundraising disadvantage, and if he’s on the ballot we’ll see huge black turnout in Louisville and Lexington. Im also tired of seeing the establishment machine trying to control every ing primary by funneling money to the establishment candidate, for that reason alone I want McGrath to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed.

I am for whoever can beat McConnel. but at the same time, it seems that the right gave up trying to appeal to the center, and has dragged everything so far to the right in a " it, no quarter" mindset, that it seems it is time for the left to just go with its progressive side and present actual ideas.

Force the mushy ass center to finally pick some ideas that stand a chance of working.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, Repug Alito and voter suppression

U.S. Supreme Court rejects Texas Democrats' effort to expand voting by mail during pandemic

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...sentee-voting/

SCOTUS assists the oligarchy's
    coup d'etat, so ing obvious

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Here’s to hoping John enlooper loses his primary tomorrow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s to hoping John enlooper loses his primary tomorrow.
    I thought you said you were a fan of this guy.

Do you think the other dude has a realistic shot at Gardner?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I thought you said you were a fan of this guy.

Do you think the other dude has a realistic shot at Gardner?
    no, I think he’s a s bag.

Why wouldn’t the other guy have a chance against Gardner? It’s a blue state and Gardner’s approval rating is low. Did MSNBC run a special about how Romanoff is too liberal to win with Claire McCaskill as guest speaker or something?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, I think he’s a s bag.

Why wouldn’t the other guy have a chance against Gardner? It’s a blue state and Gardner’s approval rating is low. Did MSNBC run a special about how Romanoff is too liberal to win with Claire McCaskill as guest speaker or something?
    I wouldn’t know.

Just going off the fact he’s Bernie backed. These ultra progressive candidates tend to run on issues that sound good but don’t have the broad appeal. The Green deal for instance is a killer issue just for the fact AOC cane up with it.

But that’s why I’m asking. I have no idea what the make up of Colorado is. Tilting to the left left or is it a moderate type state like Arizona?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t know.

Just going off the fact he’s Bernie backed. These ultra progressive candidates tend to run on issues that sound good but don’t have the board appeal. The Green deal for instance is a killer issue just for the fact AOC cane up with it.

But that’s why I’m asking. I have no idea what the make up of Colorado is. Tilting to the left left or is it a moderate type state like Arizona?
    Colorado has gone to the Dems by at least 5% in the last 3 presidential elections, and its demographics only trend more blue every year because of Hispanics/millennials. It’s basically 15 years ahead of Arizona on the demographic shift curve and well to the left of center. Gardner only won in 2014 because millennials and Mexicans are too lazy to vote in midterms.

the “if Bernie endorsed him he must be a loser” psuedo conventional wisdom. What is enlooper running on? More campaign finance violations? The only way Gardner wins is if he’s running against a scandal ridden candidate like enlooper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the “if Bernie endorsed him he must be a loser” psuedo conventional wisdom. What is enlooper running on? More campaign finance violations? The only way Gardner wins is if he’s running against a scandal ridden candidate like enlooper.
    Oh would you calm down?

I was just asking. Bernie doesn't have the best track. It's not wisdom, I'm going based on reality and what's gone down.

Sanders-backed candidates faltered in an Omaha mayoral race and a nationally watched House race in Montana.
    rep. Tom Perriello’s loss in Virginia’s gubernatorial primary
    in June, the drubbing in Iowa of Pete D’Alessandro
    Cathy Glasson, endorsed by Sanders’ successor group, Our Revolution, fell short in Iowa’s gubernatorial primary
    as did Peter Jacob and Jim Keady in two New Jersey House races
    Dennis Kucinich lost in Ohio.
    Tuesday night brought Sanders and his army their latest blow, with a pair of high-profile losses in Michigan and Kansas.
    the race was called for Welder’s opponent Sharice Davids
    Sanders did even worse in Michigan, where he and Ocasio-Cortez campaigned aggressively for Abdul El-Sayed

El-Sayed lost to former state Sen. Gretchen Whitmer
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ections-767403

To be honest, you should get the point. There are more I left out from that article alone.

If either of them beat Gardner, that is all I care about.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh would you calm down?

I was just asking. Bernie doesn't have the best track. It's not wisdom, I'm going based on reality and what's gone down.

Sanders did even worse in Michigan, where he and Ocasio-Cortez campaigned aggressively for Abdul El-Sayed

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ections-767403

To be honest, you should get the point. There are more I left out from that article alone.

If either of them beat Gardner, that is all I care about.
    Yes, Sanders consistently endorses the underdog candidate who Claire McCaskill and her gang of House n!ggers on MSNBC constantly rant about as too liberal to win, and it’s turned into a conventional wisdom because people like you have heard it so many times you assume it must be true.

Did Sanders endorsing Hillary contribute to her loss too?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Sanders consistently endorses the underdog candidate who Claire McCaskill and her gang of House n!ggers on MSNBC constantly rant about as too liberal to win, and it’s turned into a conventional wisdom because people like you have heard it so many times you assume it must be true.

Did Sanders endorsing Hillary contribute to her loss too?
    What's with this rage? I dont watch cable news outside of when there's an election going on. Keep flailing.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What's with this rage? I dont watch cable news outside of when there's an election going on. Keep flailing.
    I just got done writing an email for work telling someone about the ten different ways he ed something up so it sharp negativity hasn’t worn off yet

Regarding enlooper - he’s in trouble for campaign finance rule violations right now, and if you read some of his recent quotes he’s completely ed up the BLM stuff which is largely why I want him to lose. People view him as some kind of “safe” candidate just because he’s a moderate when he’s got a lot of baggage for Gardner to go after. I also don’t think black people are ing around right now, they’re not going to just show up and vote Dem. give them a candidate like enlooper and they might just stay home to make a statement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On another more positive and unifying note, there's this.

Every time Kavanaugh is in the news (For the wrong thing) is another good day for Gideon and another opportunity to showcase what a disaster Collins has been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On another more positive and unifying note, there's this.

Every time Kavanaugh is in the news (For the wrong thing) is another good day for Gideon and another opportunity to showcase what a disaster Collins has been.
    She is going to lose badly. She will do better than Trump though.

Of course, Trump became president because he won the Electoral College despite losing the national popular vote. But if Biden wins the popular vote by 9.6 points, his current lead, Trump would be extremely unlikely to pull off the same trick. In our state-by-state polling averages, Biden currently leads in states worth 368 electoral votes, far more than the 270 needed to win.2
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ntons-in-2016/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amy McGrath comes back to win her primary against Booker. Will face the tortuga Mitch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

take what you can get in kentucky tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao what an echo chamber of a thread!

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGrath wins by only 7k votes. Probably a different result in a scenario where Louisville has more than one polling place. She has a lot of work to do to appeal to the thousands of disenfranchised voters, and I'm sure KY isn't done ing with voting availability.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGrath wins by only 7k votes. Probably a different result in a scenario where Louisville has more than one polling place. She has a lot of work to do to appeal to the thousands of disenfranchised voters, and I'm sure KY isn't done ing with voting availability.
    doesn't matter look at how many votes McConnel got in his primary, she/he? has zero chance of winning . Pulling half of Booker's vote while keeping the whites from getting scared to the polls in a presidential election year? Nice to see another progressive lose though, but they're turning into the tea party of this political generation.
    Last edited by Trainwreck2100; 06-30-2020 at 02:51 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How do people not understand how “one polling location per county” completely s population centers and helps rural voters.

In this particular case, seems like Booker’s momentum came too late which is a shame. Bull McGrath won off early mail on votes. If all the votes were cast on election day McGrath would have been torched.

Either way, a racist bull who has no redeeming qualities is going to get wrecked by McConnell.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 is shaping up to be as bad for Republicans as 2018, and likely worse.

First article, and I will guess that most conservatives won't bother reading the whole thing. Just a hint: it doesn't quite say what you think it does. If you don't look beyond the headline, you are doing yourself a disservice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Texas Is Bracing for a Blue Wave in 2020. Yes, Texas.
    Why Republicans are getting very nervous about maintaining their stranglehold on the Lone Star State.

“The tectonic plates shifted in Texas in 2018,” Senator John Cornyn, the powerful Republican who’s facing reelection in 2020 (with just a 37 percent approval rating) said earlier this year. Cornyn has been sounding the alarms ever since November, warning national Republicans against complacency and spelling out the dire consequences for his party if they can’t stave off the Democratic surge: “If Texas turns back to a Democratic state, which it used to be, then we’ll never elect another Republican [president] in my lifetime,” said Cornyn.

A confluence of events over the past couple of weeks has reinforced Cornyn’s message. In what giddy Democrats are calling “the Texodus,” four Republican members of Congress announced, in short order, that they won’t be running for reelection in 2020; three of their seats, all in the suburbs, will likely go Democratic, adding to the two they took from Republicans in 2018. “We could see other representatives step away too,” said Manny Garcia, executive director of the Texas Democratic Party. “Why would you go into a knockdown, drag-out fight when you’re either going to lose next time, or soon afterward?”

While the Texodus was underway, Republican infighting—the latest episode in a long-running battle between conservatives and the hard right—hit the headlines in the most embarrassing of ways. Republican House Speaker Dennis Bonnen was caught on tape by prominent right-wing activist Michael Quinn Sullivan crudely insulting several lawmakers, while rattling off a “hit list” of insufficiently conservative Republicans he wanted to be taken out in primaries next year. (Democrats filed suit earlier this week, alleging that Bonnen broke state law and violated campaign-finance regulations in the process.)

Cal Jillson, a venerable political scientist at Southern Methodist University, is among those who think this president has accelerated the Democratic comeback in Texas. “My sense pre-Trump was that there were demographic dynamics that were going to bring two-party compe ion at some point,” he said. “I thought it would take another 15 to 20 years. But Trump has brought all that forward. It’s happening much more quickly.”

...Texas Democrats were giving Latinos and young whites no reason to engage. That started to change in 2012, when Gilberto Hinojosa, a former judge, was elected party chair. “He wanted a progressive, aggressive ins ution,” said Manny Garcia, who became one of the new hires charged with “creating a Democratic brand” where there was none, and moving the party into the twenty-first century. Texas Democrats now have full-blown data and digital operations; they’re raising more money online than any state party in the country, Garcia said, while plotting “the largest coordinated campaign in the history of Texas” for 2020. The party’s efforts have been aided considerably by voter-engagement groups like Jolt and Texas Rising, which have focused on Latinos and young voters and helped to send voter registration and turnout soaring; from 2014 to 2018, Texas added some 1.8 million new voters, the majority of them women and people of color. The party estimates that “there’s 30,000 to 50,000 Democrats who arrive in the state every month,” according to Garcia, and now—at last—they’re being asked to register, vote, and run for office.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1547...2020-yes-texas

Mostly jibes with what I see happening on the ground.

I'll post a bit more here as data comes in. I will emphasize, once again, that Trump's win in 2016 was a narrow one, and he is less popular now than he was then, with the added headwind of an energized Democratic party.
    Lol RandomGuy values politics over science

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    take what you can get in kentucky tbh
    What is it we get from McGrath? Another yay vote to confirm Kavanaugh? The only material reason I prefer establishment Dems over Republicans is judge appointments, when you have an establishment Dem as far to the right as McGrath is there’s no difference anymore. Once she said she would have voted for Kavanaugh the DNC should have defunded her campaign.

Thread Information