Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. So, the biggest "news" empire on the planet spends a whole lot of time flat out not reporting news (Christian genocide for 1 of countless stories they don't cover) should be shooting the rest of it's minimal credibility by acting like overzealous message board Admins with severe inferiority complexes??

LOL, no wonder CNN has become more laughable than Fox ever was. And you're defending this sad example of the American media. Objectively, how can you defend a company so reknown and revolutionary in the news biz that is acting like Trump?

Double standards? Partisanship? Universal straw-grasping? What is it?
    OK..that was a useless rant I dont care about.

But how do you know they dont cover "countless" other stories? Do you watch them and that's how you know?

It seems you dont even know what you're talking about. More laughable than Fox ever was? Talk about stretching it.

And I wasn't defending them. I was pointing out how this "kid" wasn't a kid but a grown ass adult.

I'm not a CNN spokesperson or paid person to come to their aid. My thoughts about them stooping to Trump's level is a different matter which has nothing to do with my main comment about the dude's age.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol at any moron who suggests cnn is anything close to the joke fox news is. no objective journalist should treat this potus as anything more than the re he is. thats not bias, thats just reality. fox trying to treat him with the same amount of respect as any other president is way more re ed than anything cnn has ever done, and their viewers are still the biggest idiots who own tvs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's it
    I was out of service range for much of the weekend. I did not post here much less this thread and yet he has Fuzzy on the mind.

Your dumbass has used the term incorrectly several times so I can understand why you would be confused.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so much mental gymnastics from the usual suspects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    muh MSM

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol theres hardly any semen shielding for cnn in this thread so wtf are you talking about?

lets talk about mental gymnastics when there are church of cnn and cnns doing a great job threads staying at the top of the forum for months. until then you guys are still the ing olympians of the forum when it comes to convincing yourself that your side hasnt been hijacked by re s.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"yeah but fox tho!!!"
    "not defending CNN, but FOX THO!!!"
    "it's okay because CNN wants to dox a trump supporter"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    church of cnn and cnns doing a great job threads staying at the top of the forum
    Trump president, not CNN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"yeah but fox tho!!!"
    Exactly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Heh, posters here try doxx each other all the time.

Now indignant.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

"yeah but fox tho!!!"
    your butt buddy dmc/chucho brought up fox. take it up with him, got.

said literally no one

so desperate for validation that you have to make up. libs will always be your intellectual and moral superiors, even when flawed, and you just hate that . deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chucho isn't dmc... and that's not going to change because you keep repeating it

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    chucho isn't dmc... and that's not going to change because you keep repeating it
    what the do you care? didnt you think chucho was culburn? not sure youre suited to have an opinion here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what the do you care? didnt you think chucho was culburn? not sure youre suited to have an opinion here.
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.
    Who knew a Laker fan would be the one I agree with the most in politics on Spurstalk.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    How a CNN Investigation Set Off an Internet Meme War

As Americans relaxed over a long Fourth of July weekend, the pro-Trump meme factories were gearing up for war.

These online communities, which churn out lo-fi, shareable images and videos meant to amuse and energize President Trump’s social media supporters while provoking his enemies, were spurred to action by what, in their world, qualified as a series of seismic events.

The first shock came on Sunday morning, when President Trump tweeted a video that depicted him in a professional wrestling arena attacking a man with a CNN logo superimposed on his head. The meme, or one very similar to it, had been created by a user on Reddit, the popular internet forum, and posted days earlier on /r/The_Donald, an active pro-Trump forum there, before making its way to the wider internet and, finally, to the 33.3 million Twitter followers of the leader of the free world.

In the world of meme creators, where getting a presidential tweet is akin to having your artwork hung on the wall of the Smithsonian, President Trump’s post was cause for celebration. “Wow!! I never expected my meme to be retweeted by the God Emperor himself!!!” wrote the creator, a frequent poster on Reddit whose user name combines a vulgarity with the Star Wars character Han Solo.

Days later, that Reddit user himself became a figure of national interest as news organizations checked his posting history and discovered that he had a record of creating memes that were racist and anti-Semitic.

On Monday, a CNN reporter tracked down the iden y of the user, who quickly deleted his posts, renounced his meme-creating ways, and apologized in a long, seemingly sincere post to /r/The_Donald. CNN declined to name the user, but said, somewhat mysteriously, that it “reserves the right” to publish his iden y in the future if he continued to create offensive content.

To many on the right, that caveat felt like a threat issued by a powerful news organization to a private citizen: Fall in line, or we’ll expose you.

CNN quickly clarified its intent, saying that it had “decided not to publish the name of the Reddit user out of concern for his safety,” but the battle had already begun. Right-wing Twitter users excoriated CNN for what they saw as a threat against the Reddit user, and the hashtag #CNNBlackmail began to spread as thousands of the network’s detractors began to pile on.

“A multibillion dollar TV network blackmailing a private citizen into not making funny videos about it is not journalism, CNN,” tweeted Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks.

To understand how Reddit memes could ignite a national controversy and put a multibillion-dollar media company on its heels, it helps to know that right-wing meme-makers are a particularly prolific and vocal internet subcommunity. They gather in clusters on Reddit, and similar sites like 4chan and Discord, in order to trade images and strategize about disseminating them to wide audiences.

Their goal isn’t necessarily political influence. For some, it’s a game whose only goal is to impress and entertain other meme enthusiasts; for others, it’s a more serious pursuit designed to push the limits of discourse, either by riling up the enemy camp or by creating something that becomes ammunition for their own side. A particularly clever creation (or “dank meme,” in the jargon of the trade) might be shared by a prominent alt-right Twitter user or, in rare cases, by a bona fide public figure.

But in instances where the meme-making community finds itself facing off against a clear antagonist, its tactics can be swift and brutal, and can catch large ins utions off guard.

In these communities, a feud with CNN over the iden y of a Reddit user provided a perfect storm of hot-button topics: speech policing, journalist ethics and the perceived bullying of right-wing sympathizers on social media. The fact that the media organization in question was CNN, which has been singled out for criticism in recent weeks by the Trump administration, only added fuel to the fire.

In a Reddit message, a user known as ShadowMan3001, one of the moderators of /r/The_Donald, told me that memes were “by far the fastest, and likely the most effective, means of spreading an idea” in today’s oversaturated media environment. He added that CNN’s statement about possibly releasing the iden y of the Reddit meme-maker was “a glaring example of their absolute lack of not only journalistic integrity, but basic morality.”

That was certainly the theme of the right wing’s subterranean meme machines as they kicked into high gear Wednesday. The Reddit forum r/CNNmemes, a self-described outpost for “memes of CNN or other failing MSM networks,” began to fill with user-generated images. One user pasted CNN’s logo into a still image from what appeared to be an ISIS hostage video, implying that the network had coerced the Reddit user behind the pro-Trump meme into making an apology. Another user superimposed CNN’s logo onto the face of Kim Jong-un, the North Korean dictator.

On Discord, a chat app for gamers where several right-wing factions congregate in private groups, the news of a new, high-profile feud was cause for celebration. Some even likened the effort to humiliate CNN to Peter Thiel’s well-publicized campaign to take down Gawker, another longtime enemy of the online right.

“I want to see CNN go down like Gawker,” wrote one user, posting to a pro-Trump Discord channel called Centipede Central.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/0...r.html&page=30

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who knew a Laker fan would be the one I agree with the most in politics on Spurstalk.
    Plain & simple, I'm a renaissance man, Thou.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Echoing disgraced Repug Tricky 's enemies list

NY Times: White House Discussing Using Pending Merger To Silence CNN

The New York Times is reporting late this evening that administration officials are exploring ways to leverage a pending merger involving CNN to somehow exact retribution on them for their constant criticisms of the Trump presidency.

According to Times writer Michael M. Grynbaum:

“White House advisers have discussed a potential point of leverage over their adversary, a senior administration official said:

a pending merger between CNN’s parent company, Time Warner, and AT&T. Mr. Trump’s

Justice Department will decide whether to approve the merger

, and while analysts say

there is little to stop the deal from moving forward,

the president’s animus toward CNN remains a wild card.”

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...r-silence-cnn/

Why do Repugs single out CNN when MSNBC is much more viciously accurate, voluminous in trashing Trash and the Repugs

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-06-2017 at 10:35 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the snowflake in chief is as tough as a used tampon. what a pussy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^He's got that CNN snatch by those little short hairs. He's pullin' 'em hard too.

WOOT!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^He's got that CNN snatch by those little short hairs. He's pullin' 'em hard too.

WOOT!!!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Thread Information