Page 31 of 176 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    AMC stock right now wow
    I went to my local AMC to see Tenet a month ago on a Friday night. The place was a ghost town. I don't know how they're going to survive this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went to my local AMC to see Tenet a month ago on a Friday night. The place was a ghost town. I don't know how they're going to survive this.
    Thank people like Elwrongwrong who shame people into mask wearing and hiding from the flu. They've ruined millions of lives and saved 0. And think they are heroes

Loloookkookll

Ifr

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank people like Elwrongwrong who shame people into mask wearing and hiding from the flu. They've ruined millions of lives and saved 0. And think they are heroes

Loloookkookll

Ifr
    Masks aren't the problem. Trump's response to the virus is the issue. He ed up and everybody's paying the price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My wife and I saw that one too.

We went back about two weeks ago, and found out that someone who had booked a theater had canceled, so the manager let my wife and I have it to ourselves, and let us pick a Halloween movie to watch. It was fun.

You can rent out an entire theater for less than a hundred bucks.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    My wife and I saw that one too.

We went back about two weeks ago, and found out that someone who had booked a theater had canceled, so the manager let my wife and I have it to ourselves, and let us pick a Halloween movie to watch. It was fun.

You can rent out an entire theater for less than a hundred bucks.
    Is the theater rental limited to one movie or can you do a double feature? Also, what's their movie selection like? Is it just movies released this year and last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the theater rental limited to one movie or can you do a double feature? Also, what's their movie selection like? Is it just movies released this year and last year.
    You can bring in a DVD of your choosing. So the selection is pretty unlimited.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Microsoft says hackers backed by Russia and North Korea

targeted COVID-19 vaccine makers

The technology giant said Friday that

the attacks targeted seven companies in the U.S., Canada, France, India, and South Korea.

But while it blocked the “majority” of the attacks,

Microsoft acknowledged that some were successful.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/13/mi...virus-vaccine/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realize states have very recently ramped up testing so even though the total infection rate is likely higher per capita much of the increased positive cases is due to increased testing.

Free COVID-19 Testing Now Open to All Residents, With or Without Symptoms

LOS ANGELES — Mayor Eric Garcetti announced today that L.A. will be the first big city in America to offer wide-scale, free COVID-19 testing to all residents, whether or not they are experiencing symptoms of the virus. The testing will be open to any resident of Los Angeles County, with tests administered at eight locations inside the City of Los Angeles.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realize states have very recently ramped up testing so even though the total infection rate is likely higher per capita much of the increased positive cases is due to increased testing.

Free COVID-19 Testing Now Open to All Residents, With or Without Symptoms

LOS ANGELES — Mayor Eric Garcetti announced today that L.A. will be the first big city in America to offer wide-scale, free COVID-19 testing to all residents, whether or not they are experiencing symptoms of the virus. The testing will be open to any resident of Los Angeles County, with tests administered at eight locations inside the City of Los Angeles.
    Only makes ifr get even lower. Avg age of death 80. Avg comorbidities 3. Still.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folding foldren always folds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS PAY CASH

https://news.yahoo.com/poorer-nation...112614647.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    W.H.O. Rejects Antiviral Drug Remdesivir as a Covid Treatment

In a review of several trials, the World Health Organization found that Gilead’s drug did not improve survival rates for patients nor did it help them recover.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/health/remdesivir-covid-19.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French Scientist Didier Raoult Given Rusty Razor Award For Pseudoscience

The scientist made headlines around the world earlier this year for his study

promoting the use of the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19.

https://www.skeptic.org.uk/2020/11/f...pseudoscience/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enormous RTP campus will employ up to 650 to produce Covid vaccine doses

Connecticut-based ApiJect Systems announced Thursday it will build a 185-acre campus, with a potential cost of $785 million, in RTP that will include a gigafactory and up to 650 jobs.

ApiJect, which makes an experimental disposable injection device, said

the 1-million-square-foot campus will be capable of producing 3 billion single-dose prefilled injectors annually.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...727%5E21818645

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "science-based" is a sell word too.

NEW YORKERS ARE still puzzling over a new, state-wide rule that bars, restaurants, and gyms must close at 10 pm to stop the spread of Covid. Was this based on some brand-new evidence that the virus mutates like a gremlin, getting worse at night? You wouldn’t know it from Governor Andrew Cuomo’s announcement, which did not cite any research whatsoever that might justify this policy. The announcement did claim, however, that New York uses “more science than any state in the nation.”

I’ve seen this happen again and again since the start of the pandemic: a new, “science-based” Covid-19 measure is prescribed, but the science in support of it is either vague or missing altogether. Just last week, for example, I was working on a story about the latest research into quarantine procedures. The best data to this point suggests that an eight-day stretch of quarantine, combined with a Covid test, provides the same level of protection as the traditional 14-day quarantine. But then I saw New York state’s new policy: Some people who arrived from out of state are allowed to quarantine for just four days. I asked New York’s Department of Health how they’d come to this decision, and they sent me another statement from Cuomo, in which he said only that he’d “worked with global health experts” on the plan. A formal guidance from the state health department gave no research citations, either, but it did find space to boast about New York’s record of “strict adherence to data-driven, evidence-based protocols.”
    https://www.wired.com/story/a-lack-o...ndemic-policy/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lack of transparency has even shown up in guidance from the World Health Organization. Back in March, I emailed the headquarters in Geneva to ask how they felt so certain at the time that the SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus was not “airborne.” The press office responded to my questions with a pair of unhelpful scientificdo ents. In that case, the decision to omit (or ignore) existing research—which suggested that other coronaviruses are likely to be spread by air—might well have been a deadly mistake.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News' Geraldo Rivera suggests naming COVID-19 vaccine after Trump

why not name the vaccine the Trump?" Rivera said.

"Make it like, 'Have you gotten your Trump yet?'

It would be a nice gesture to him."

making the word Trump a "generic name" for the idea of a vaccine against the coronavirus,

https://theweek.com/speedreads/95105...ne-after-trump

"a nice gesture" for Rivera and Trash

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think cutting out six hours of late night drinking in bars will probably cut down on behavior that transmits the virus, but I have no scientific studies supporting my hypothesis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Have you gotten your Trump yet?'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impossible, they are so hard to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impossible, they are so hard to get.
    Folks seem to have moved on, sorry you got stuck again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks seem to have moved on, sorry you got stuck again.
    Lol you need a vax. Lol

Thread Information