Page 87 of 113 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2823
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I'd rather just buy you a beer at Scott's and try to set an example of how to be a responsible adult.
    i don't drink beer. i am a responsible adult.

Why no outrage from the black community towards the media for getting them outraged with lies?

Trill? Creepn? Fuzzy?

Not a single one of you have commented on the smear campaign that went on. Why?
    what smear campaign? if you're talking about the smear campaign against trayvon, go back and read all 3 threads, doggie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming there really was a civil suit (which there won't be) then the gloves come off for both sides. 13 year old Saint Travon suddenly gets portrayed as 17 year old wanna be gangsta Trayvon as all that that got excluded in the criminal trial gets allowed in the civil trial. Ka ing boom.

That will be a classic thread for damn sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lupe is frustrated, fed up and angry. he is from chicago aka chiraq so he has seen a lot of young black men get killed with little to no media attention.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the greasey bag murderer is officially innocent, there's a charm offensive to show what a charming, wonderful, good guy he is

ugly rehabilitation of George Zimmerman has begun

The rehabilitation of George Zimmerman has begun.

Robert Zimmerman Jr., George Zimmerman’s older brother, has launched a one-man PR effort, showing up all over CNN, on NPR, even finding time for Breitbart, to extol his brother’s essential goodness and the wisdom of the Seminole County jury that exonerated him of second-degree murder or manslaughter in the death of Trayvon Martin.

At first glance, Zimmerman is an impressive family spokesman.

Calmly, articulately and sometimes sternly, Robert has defended his little brother in a way only a loved one can do.

In particular, he has hammered the media for creating a “false narrative” about his brother, reserving special contempt for NBC, which edited the tape of George’s call to Sanford police to make it sound as if he offered up the information that Trayvon Martin was black, when in fact, a police operator asked him to describe the young man he was following. That was a huge blunder on NBC’s part.

And yet, he also appears to be sensitive to racial injustice. “I will say that Sanford had a history in its police department of having issues with race and equal application and equal access to justice in that community,” he told NPR’s Rachel Martin on Sunday. “I know that has nothing to do with George, but I can see where there were concerns, initially, that something may be afoot in Sanford. Unfortunately, the pegging of George as a white man was essential to get that narrative traction and get that ball rolling.” (The Zimmermans’ father is white; their mother is Peruvian.)

But Zimmerman is disingenuous when he criticizes people for injecting race into the story. In fact, he has done as much as anyone to racialize the case.

In numerous interviews, Zimmerman has subtly injected racial stereotypes into the case, echoing defense attorney Mark O’Mara’s line that Martin was not, as the prosecution portrayed him, a teenager armed with nothing more than Skittles, but an angry, dangerous young man armed with his fists, and a sidewalk.

“Trayvon Martin WAS armed,” Zimmerman told NPR. “He used the sidewalk against my brother’s head. He had whatever anger he brought with him when he confronted George and broke his nose. …He had something within him that he wouldn’t let up, his relentless attack despite George screaming for help. So he was not unarmed, and I really take exception to that notion.”

Last March, he tweeted a photograph of two black 17-year-olds with the slogan “A picture speaks a thousand words. Any questions?”

The boy on the right was Trayvon Martin, giving a double barreled middle finger salute to the camera. The boy on the left, throwing down gang signs, was De’Marquise Elkins, who has been charged with shooting a 1-year-old baby during a botched robbery.
    He tweeted: “Lib media shld ask if what these2 black teens did 2 a woman&baby is the reason ppl think blacks mightB risky.”

He apologized after his brother’s attorneys publicly distanced themselves. “I made a serious error in judgment abt the way it wld convey & understand why it is offensive,” he tweeted.

When the trial started June 24, Robert Zimmerman went silent. That was a smart move, given the sometimes inflammatory nature of his public communication.

But once the defense team persuaded the only audience that mattered that George Zimmerman was not guilty of murder, the brother was back in the picture, and all over the news.

It has fallen to him to persuade the rest of the country that George Zimmerman may have killed Martin, but only because Martin gave him no choice.

Underlying his robust defense, though, is the poisonous at ude about race that is at the crux of the entire tragedy.

“We have to grow from this,” Robert Zimmerman told CNN’s Don Lemon on Saturday night. “I want to know what makes people angry enough to attack someone the way that Trayvon Martin did. I want to know if it is true, and I don’t know if it’s true, that Trayvon Martin was looking to procure firearms, was growing marijuana plants.”

Isn’t it fascinating how he sets up the social problem? He’s not disturbed that his own brother actually got a gun and used it to shoot Martin through the heart, he’s disturbed at the possibility that a black teenager might have talked about getting a gun.

etc

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/17.../p2p-76667540/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lupe is well informed tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming there really was a civil suit (which there won't be) then the gloves come off for both sides. 13 year old Saint Travon suddenly gets portrayed as 17 year old wanna be gangsta Trayvon as all that that got excluded in the criminal trial gets allowed in the civil trial. Ka ing boom.

That will be a classic thread for damn sure.
    wannabe gangsta>>>>>pedophile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's pretty much how most states (even florida) view intentional killings. that's what trials are for tbh.
    what's the burden of proof when trying to prove myself innocent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    common sense . wow stfu
    Sorry if I don't see your boy trayvon as faultless in this debacle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't drink beer. i am a responsible adult.

Your beverage of choice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wannabe gangsta>>>>>pedophile.
    Trial for pedophile? There is no statute of limitations. If there was a shred of fact the charge would have already been brought. You are just making a fool of yourself now bringing up discredited wanna be 15 minutes of fame . Seriously? You are losing it, dude...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your beverage of choice?
    water or apple juice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *sigh*

And I was so looking forward to a beer summit with Trill.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I find it very hard to believe that there's no technology available to identify the scream for "help" tapes.
    /of case right there.

Is that really true? As a tech generation society who can do incredibly amazingly important and unimportant things...to be incapable of making a determination from that sample tape just seems odd to me.

I can go into a music studio tomorrow and a producer can make me sound like Elvis...but we dont have the tech to identify who screamed?

Strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING LAPD tells @anblanx some demonstrator threw rocks and D-cell batteries at police, who responded by firing less-than-lethal rounds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trial for pedophile? There is no statute of limitations. If there was a shred of fact the charge would have already been brought. You are just making a fool of yourself now bringing up discredited wanna be 15 minutes of fame . Seriously? You are losing it, dude...
    i wasn't saying he was going to be put on trial for his pedophilia. the media has assassinated tray's character as a wannabe thug, meanwhile ignoring a young woman claiming he molested her for over a decade. anyways, that couldn't be brought up in the murder trial, the judge didn't allow it.

i can't believe you call that woman's claim "15 minutes of fame" lol...wow. what if your daughter, granddaughter or great granddaughter made an outcry, would you also ignore it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING LAPD tells @anblanx some demonstrator threw rocks and D-cell batteries at police, who responded by firing less-than-lethal rounds

i hope they protestors remain peacful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we talked about thug trayvon for almost 3 threads. lets talk about pedo george. would you allow him to date your daughter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wasn't saying he was going to be put on trial for his pedophilia. the media has assassinated tray's character as a wannabe thug, meanwhile ignoring a young woman claiming he molested her for over a decade. anyways, that couldn't be brought up in the murder trial, the judge didn't allow it.

i can't believe you call that woman's claim "15 minutes of fame" lol...wow. what if your daughter, granddaughter or great granddaughter made an outcry, would you also ignore it?
    Bring your facts.

You just made a statement of fact that Zimmerman was a pedophile.

Back it up, .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @NewsBreaker 2m
    BREAKING: Protests are getting very intense right now in NYC - police moving in (WATCH LIVE) http://bit.ly/15vENyS #TrayvonMartin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @NewsBreaker 2m
    BREAKING: Protests are getting very intense right now in NYC - police moving in (WATCH LIVE) http://bit.ly/15vENyS #TrayvonMartin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring your facts.

You just made a statement of fact that Zimmerman was a pedophile.

Back it up, .
    lmaooooo, you get real angry when i talk about ya boy georgie. i just posted what the young lady said he did to her. google ' witness 9, zimmerman' . but since its ya boy zimmerman, you don't believe it. if it was a woman in your family who said she was molested, would you dismiss her claims as easily as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only ones being violent in those protests are the police, shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

RT JOHNAlstonABC7: Protesters are burning American flag at 14th & Broadway in Oakland. http://pic.twitter.com/7QzTxuGyho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a woman making a outcry of molestation by a family member is considered trying to gain "15 minutes of fame". shame that a person would think a woman would risk humiliation for fame. i feel sorry for your daughters if you have that type of at ude towards an outcry that serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmaooooo, you get real angry when i talk about ya boy georgie. i just posted what the young lady said he did to her. google ' witness 9, zimmerman' . but since its ya boy zimmerman, you don't believe it. if it was a woman in your family who said she was molested, would you dismiss her claims as easily as well?
    No, I said bring your facts.

I too remember when that accusation was aired and then immediately discredited.

Bring your facts.

Thread Information