Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The ing about no AC is such a pussy cop out. Baseball and football players play outside unless it's a closed stadium. Hockey players have tons of gear on including their jerseys. The Rangers play at the temple in 100 degree weather in July and they don't wimp out. Man up.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    OP chugs Xanax whenever "his" Mavs lose and is cracking under the pressure of making "bales" at Target, FYI....

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Don't have Xanax, ass . My Mavs rang in 2011 so I'm set for llife. How many trophies do your Clippers have again?

Get Buckets
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This is news?

Get Buckets
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    also you forgot to mention the fact that baseball batters have to stand in place with a 90+ MPH ball coming near them. That alone makes them tougher than any NBA player.

don't even need to compare NBA to NHL/NFL obviously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLB tougher
    Sure

Get Buckets
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    To clarify, I mean NBA vs street basketball. Big difference between today's pussified NBA and playing street ball with some inner city ooga boogas

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Baseball players can die if they get hit on the head. Has an NBA player ever been seriously hurt or killed when hit on the head by a basketball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLB tougher
    Sure
    You obviously don't watch much baseball.

Does guarding any NBA player scare you? Now how about someone throwing a rock at you at 100 mph 20x a night? And having to catch a rock falling from 300 feet in the air or hit on a line drive right at you? Yeah. Baseball is tougher. NBA is definitely the least dangerous pro sport.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lacrosse is more dangerous than basketball.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Does guarding any NBA player scare you? Now how about someone throwing a rock at you at 100 mph 20x a night? And having to catch a rock falling from 300 feet in the air or hit on a line drive right at you? Yeah. Baseball is tougher. NBA is definitely the least dangerous pro sport.
    Lefty is used to flopping and not taking any hits. Thus he loves his soccer.

Get Buckets
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

yeah and you could even argue that any injury in the NBA could just as easily happen in baseball. I don't know what makes the NBA more dangerous especially nowadays. Taking a direct hit from a 95 MPH fastball takes more toughness than anything anybody will encounter in the NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Getting hit in the face with a puck at 100 mph probably worse than a baseball.

Der Führer!
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Getting hit with 6 is worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even tennis players are out there busting ass in 100+ degree weather...sometimes for over five hours in a single match.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    MLB tougher
    Sure
    Soccer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah and you could even argue that any injury in the NBA could just as easily happen in baseball. I don't know what makes the NBA more dangerous especially nowadays. Taking a direct hit from a 95 MPH fastball takes more toughness than anything anybody will encounter in the NBA
    yeah man. . .remember the bird Randy Johnson hit? It in EXPLODED. Getting hit in the head can knock you out, kill you, make you lose an eye, etc. Hit in the hand can break your wrist or fingers. is no joke. NBA, all you gotta worry about is getting slapped on the wrist or rolling an ankle which is your own fault anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball being tough.

" but, but the basseball goes superfast near your head "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do fans obsessively discuss toughness and physicality in these sports, tbh?..

This isn't boxing, the objective of these sports isn't to fight..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt these same players wanted the nba to host summer league games out in the open? lmao these clowns

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can't stand the Heat, get out the kitchen.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Baseball being tough.

" but, but the basseball goes superfast near your head "
    No one is saying baseball is tougher.

that fact going over all of you baseball haters.

We're only saying baseball players got more balls than your average NBA player.

Just look at all the flopping and gotry that goes on in the NBA these days.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No one is saying baseball is tougher.

that fact going over all of you baseball haters.

We're only saying baseball players got more balls than your average NBA player.

Just look at all the flopping and gotry that goes on in the NBA these days.
    To be fair, Jeter "flops" by pretending to get hit by a pitch, and there's plenty of gotry in baseball (see: the entire Red Sox roster from 2003-present)....

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    To be fair, Jeter "flops" by pretending to get hit by a pitch, and there's plenty of gotry in baseball (see: the entire Red Sox roster from 2003-present)....
    gotry as in actual gayness or buffoonery?

There are a selective group in the MLB that like to flop and try to get away with it yes, Jeter being one example and the other one being that roided got AROD.

Mostly though, baseball players got cojones by just standing still and waiting to get hit and dying on the spot with a well place hit ball around their head.

So yeah I wouldn't say toughness is the right word to describe an MLB player, although they are. I would say bravery would be the word best used in those case we're discussing here.

comeattheKINGbestnotmiss rogues's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Truthbombs..I bet it hits that got whom you quoted hard, tbh..

Thread Information