Page 88 of 110 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll stop watching completely if Vassell is glued to the bench for the first half of the season.
    I tried to extend you an olive branch yesterday but you a clown and didn’t take it...... now let’s get to the business of me exposing you little boy. Check this out goofy, keep your mouth shut and maybe everyone on this board won’t be able to truly quantify your stupidity. Thanks again..... ( signed your Idol )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is also that yes, I value dollar for dollar cap space to Jakob in the least part because you can always find a non offensive Center if you need one for that money. No matter what imo there was zero reason to sign him and eat any space regardless of how trivial that space may be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried to extend you an olive branch yesterday but you a clown and didn’t take it...... no let’s get to the business of me exposing you little boy. Check this out goofy, keep your mouth shut and maybe everyone on this board won’t be able to truly quantify your stupidity. Thanks again..... ( signed your Idol )
    How can you breathe wearing Pop's diaper like this? And I stuck up for you when Nathan was spouting his racist BS. SMH

Leave it to ATL Spur to ignore the fact that I like the Vassell pick and hope he plays because he's too busy eating Pop's .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude lol I clearly explained this. Bring guys back was referring to free agents: Bryn, Beli and Jakob. I said my scenario included White extension.

That’s how I framed every thing I’ve been saying for a long while now
    Maybe I misremember it. Did you say you wanted Poeltl gone under any cir stance?

EDIT: I see you're saying that now and am fine believing you said that then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I misremember it. Did you say you wanted Poeltl gone under any cir stance?
    I said 8m or less was my limit but my preference was to let him go. And the context of 8M was if lma and ddr were moved for capital that the 8m Jakob space might have netted more or less

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you breathe wearing Pop's diaper like this? And I stuck up for you when Nathan was spouting his racist BS. SMH

Leave it to ATL Spur to ignore the fact that I like the Vassell pick and hope he plays because he's too busy eating Pop's .
    Nathan......take up for ME???? Lol. Hey man thanks for doing the right thing(denouncing racism)��������. I see dead people ...... this dudes a SUCKA!!! Find a mentor!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan......take up for ME???? Lol. Hey man thanks for doing the right thing(denouncing racism)��������. I see dead people ...... this dudes a SUCKA!!! Find a mentor!
    Atl Spur the only guy to eat sandwiches with sides of diarrhea soup, smile, and ask for seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said 8m or less was my limit but my preference was to let him go. And the context of 8M was if lma and ddr were moved for capital that the 8m Jakob space might have netted more or less
    That wouldn't've netted more cap space though. And why not trade Murray? He's more overpaid than Poeltl is. At least Jakob can point to a lot of centers who are getting comparable or better deals this off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT: I see you're saying that now and am fine believing you said that then.
    I can’t search on here for some reason but I’ usually post on Twitter much of what I post here:

Before Jakob signed:

My max was 8m but that as I explained was just my number to not absolutely loose my sh*t lol. Def no where close to “extraordinary value”
    Last edited by DPG21920; 11-22-2020 at 04:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wouldn't've netted more cap space though. And why not trade Murray? He's more overpaid than Poeltl is. At least Jakob can point to a lot of centers who are getting comparable or better deals this off-season.
    I was fine with punting a little space if they already secured extra picks. Made it more palatable to be a little more compe ive now with Jakob vs without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Free agent Montrezl Harrell has agreed to a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, agent Rich Paul of @KlutchSports tells ESPN.
    8:44pm · 20 Nov 2020 · Twitter Web App

Shams Charania ShamsCharania

Free agent Jerami Grant has agreed to a three-year, $60 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Deal negotiated by agent Mike Kneisley.
    8:59pm · 20 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck

2m
    Free agent guard Joe Harris has agreed to a four-year, $75M deal to return to the Brooklyn Nets, his agent Mark Bartelstein @PrioritySports tells ESPN.

11m
    Free agent forward Davis Bertans has agreed to a 5-year, $80M deal to return to the Washington Wizards, his agent @ArtursKalnitis tells ESPN. Deal includes an ETO after fourth year. One of biggest deals ever for a European-based agent in NBA.
    wow Davis Bertans 5 yr $80 million. Just wow. Congratulations to him. Getting traded away from the Spurs got him paid and played regularly... He never would have gotten that in the Spurs 4sure...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop just could not figure out how to use Davis.
    Which is at 3 or even 2, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to points like timvp has made about this being a unique window for space before the team has to re-sign young players: I don't think the Spurs should plan on re-signing any but their best young players. I know that seems weird after the thing with Poeltl, but if you're going to rebuild like the Spurs have been, you need to be willing to dump young guys who aren't part of the core and turn them into more chances.
    I think you realized it while you were typing the paragraph but that's the exact argument why bringing back Poeltl needed to be done with care. He's a good player but he's also much more replaceable than someone like, for example, Derrick White. If you need a center, a really good one like Serge Ibaka or Marc Gasol or whoever is always an MLE contract away from obtaining these days. It's now a position that you can pretty easily fill when the need arises.

Poeltl's contract really isn't worth harping on because by my estimation the Spurs overpaid him by less than 1% of the cap (or, if you will, the same amount of dead money on the books for DeMarre Carroll in 2021-22) but I worry that the Spurs aren't as disciplined as they used to be about the cap. Maybe they are but they just see Poeltl as being less replaceable than I view him. I guess we'll see soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted more of a reboot for sure.
    Why? How? Did you want to trade all the young players away? That would be foolish. Otherwise there's nothing to do but pare away vets and clearly they haven't seen options for DDR or LMA yet.

The future of the team is in the 5-7 young guards and wings and further draft picks. That's it. That's what rebuilding is about. You're foolish if you think they're going to get Giannis or miraculously trade two expiring vets for a game-changer. Instead you should admire the fact that we aren't simply hoping on Derrick White this year, as we were at the beginning of last season, but rather excited that we have Keldon and Lonnie and other players who are looking like they are ready to shine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you realized it while you were typing the paragraph but that's the exact argument why bringing back Poeltl needed to be done with care. He's a good player but he's also much more replaceable than someone like, for example, Derrick White. If you need a center, a really good one like Serge Ibaka or Marc Gasol or whoever is always an MLE contract away from obtaining these days. It's now a position that you can pretty easily fill when the need arises.
    You really loved the late years of the Pau Gasol experiment, didn't you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poeltl's contract really isn't worth harping on because by my estimation the Spurs overpaid him by less than 1% of the cap (or, if you will, the same amount of dead money on the books for DeMarre Carroll in 2021-22) but I worry that the Spurs aren't as disciplined as they used to be about the cap. Maybe they are but they just see Poeltl as being less replaceable than I view him. I guess we'll see soon enough.
    Ibaka was available for the MLE because it's L.A., they're a contender and he's apparently one of the few who can stomach S bag's antics. Meanwhile, despite some catch all metrics still painting him as an impact defender, Gasol is on the verge of the cliff (if he hasn't already gone off it).

Who cares about the cap? They've still got plenty of '21 space, we know they won't use it as a dumping ground for dead money to extract pick(s) and the only way markets like this can even attract B listers is by making absurd offers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Poeltl is being paid less than the MLE, so I don't consider that a good alternative. I also don't believe he's irreplaceable. I do believe, though, that since you are going to probably use that money on a center anyway, you may as well keep the one you have rather than use in on like Plumlee. I'd've felt completely differently had the Spurs drafted Jalen Smith instead of Vassell or even if they'd've found a way to pick Oturu and still re-upped Eubanks.

With all of the guards on the team, there's no expectation that you're going to spend eight figures for a bench player. They shouldn't be paying Murray $16 Million if they're paying White $20 Million and are also looking to pay Walker or Johnson coming up. It's not a sustainable strategy to do that, whereas Poeltl will probably be the starting center for the final two seasons and then will be gone by the time Johnson's new contract would kick in.

Spurs aren't as disciplined as they used to be about the cap. Maybe they are but they just see Poeltl as being less replaceable than I view him. I guess we'll see soon enough.
    I don't think SA has ever been that disciplined. They were just way better at holding onto depth for cheap contracts and had stars who constantly took less to stay. They've traded multiple assets over the years to get rid of bad money, and before we saw this string of dead money on the books, they were doing it with guys like McDyess. As I've mentioned before, they gave Splitter $36M/4 against a $59-Million cap. Sure centers aren't as valuable, but adjusting for inflation means the team reflects that and more. I also don't think Poeltl will be in the top-15 highest-paid centers this upcoming season, maybe not even to 20. I'm not going to start saying I love the deal or even that I was okay with it. But I do understand it, and I think it makes more sense to sign Poeltl and then look for to develop a replacement for 2023 than it would sign all three of the young guards if they don't all break out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [Poertl is our starting center the season after this unless the spurs sign a starting forward for no less than 80% of his salary. A one year salary would be better for the team of course, but poretle wasn't taking that. None of the Spurs prospects including samamic, lyles, and eubanks, are starting quality. peortle isn't a star, but if the spurs see him as the centerpiece (c) , then i see no problem with the spend.

They are obviously going to retool the team next year. Unless the spurs know the coach that is coming in, the best option is to muddle into the middle and let pop and the vets ride off together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Poeltl is being paid less than the MLE, so I don't consider that a good alternative. I also don't believe he's irreplaceable. I do believe, though, that since you are going to probably use that money on a center anyway, you may as well keep the one you have rather than use in on like Plumlee. I'd've felt completely differently had the Spurs drafted Jalen Smith instead of Vassell or even if they'd've found a way to pick Oturu and still re-upped Eubanks.

With all of the guards on the team, there's no expectation that you're going to spend eight figures for a bench player. They shouldn't be paying Murray $16 Million if they're paying White $20 Million and are also looking to pay Walker or Johnson coming up. It's not a sustainable strategy to do that, whereas Poeltl will probably be the starting center for the final two seasons and then will be gone by the time Johnson's new contract would kick in.

I don't think SA has ever been that disciplined. They were just way better at holding onto depth for cheap contracts and had stars who constantly took less to stay. They've traded multiple assets over the years to get rid of bad money, and before we saw this string of dead money on the books, they were doing it with guys like McDyess. As I've mentioned before, they gave Splitter $36M/4 against a $59-Million cap. Sure centers aren't as valuable, but adjusting for inflation means the team reflects that and more. I also don't think Poeltl will be in the top-15 highest-paid centers this upcoming season, maybe not even to 20. I'm not going to start saying I love the deal or even that I was okay with it. But I do understand it, and I think it makes more sense to sign Poeltl and then look for to develop a replacement for 2023 than it would sign all three of the young guards if they don't all break out.
    What people don't get is that if you don't sign Poeltl now and reach for an aging player or someone who is uncertain both in the system and in San Antonio, the likelihood of having to replace that slot goes up quite a bit in the next few years. You try to get Marc Gasol? Fine, then you're having to replace him in two years, maybe even one. Maybe he gets hurt in three months. Replacing that slot in two years likely is more expensive then cementing Poeltl now.

Fundmentally, posters don't understand the team they purport to follow, nor their general philosophies. This is why you see calls to trade for Russell Westbrook. It's just dumb; maybe the Spurs do this, but it would mean a vast shift from their inherent basketball ideology.

Getting known quan ies established at fair prices helps every other decision down the line. This is a franchise where a bad mistake is hard to fix. They're not Houston or LA where they can throw money around or expect torrents of players to show up and want to play just because.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams

Baynes to TOR -and Fat Gasol to LAL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are ringing again next year and it makes me puke. There's just no one on their level unless they face some injuries.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-22-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are, that means S bag isn't, so excellent news.

Gasol is borderline washed, but a good fit nonetheless. He can space the floor around James and Davis and add needed (unless they start Schroder) secondary play making, split minutes and play some with Harrell and defend Jokic/Embiid.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    despite our complaints, this will be the best spurs team since the kawhi trade.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not happy about the frontcourt though.

raptors got baynes for less than the spurs got jakob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares about “replacing” poeltl. It’s easy and there’s no reason to pay him especially if you clearly aren’t trying to win

Thread Information