Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Kinda impressed with the Ags this year:

'Bama 24
    A&M 20

As an interesting side story.. I am picking A&M will play texas in the Cotton Bowl. Wow.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    First of all, it's in Tuscaloosa. Secondly, there's just no way its that close, as much as I'd like to see the Ags win.

Teams with actual defenses have owned the Aggies, and Bama is better than the two teams TAMU has already lost to. Plus, they won't be able to stop the run and "Johnny Football" will spend a load of time standing around on the sideline watching the Aggy d-line get steamrolled

Bama 34-14

I like Manziel, but he is only going to take you to elite status if the Aggy defense can become a top 5 SEC defense. Right now, it's not (even close). Bama will wreck shop

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wow...cool side story bro...you must work for ESPN or something.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    First of all, it's in Tuscaloosa. Secondly, there's just no way its that close, as much as I'd like to see the Ags win.

Teams with actual defenses have owned the Aggies, and Bama is better than the two teams TAMU has already lost to. Plus, they won't be able to stop the run and "Johnny Football" will spend a load of time standing around on the sideline watching the Aggy d-line get steamrolled

Bama 34-14

I like Manziel, but he is only going to take you to elite status if the Aggy defense can become a top 5 SEC defense. Right now, it's not (even close). Bama will wreck shop
    I think A&M can keep it a little bit closer than that, but you're right that Bama is just going to grind it out and pretty much dominate time of possession.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    We are going to have a hard time moving the ball, I agree. If we can play a smart, disciplined game without turning the ball over and giving Alabama great field position to start with then we have an outside shot IMO. While our defense isn't spectacular, it does have its moments and Alabama isn't going to score at will. Obviously if we start turning the ball over and our special teams suck then it's going to be hard to win. Also, not having a reliable FG kicker will kill you against a team like Bama (and LSU as we saw last month). I'm not going to call the upset but I think it will be a reasonably close game just as A&M/LSU and A&M/UF.

Bama 27
    A&M-17

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Teams with actual defenses have owned the Aggies, and Bama is better than the two teams TAMU has already lost to.
    Um. TAMU lost by 3 and 5 to those 2 teams, and was up by more than a touchdown at one time in both games. People use the word "owned" entirely too freely on tha web.

That said, I wish Johnny was taller.

Bama by 2 tds.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The thing that really concerns me in this game is A&M trying to play high-tempo backfiring on them. High tempo offense when you're moving the ball tires out the other team's defense. High tempo offense when you can't move the ball tires out your own defense.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Our strength and conditioning this year (thanks to Larry Jackson) is 100x better than it was in years past and we have yet to play a team who is better conditioned then we are. That being said, if we can't move the ball and our defense has to stay out there constantly then that is definitely a recipe for disaster. I don't think they are going to be able to run for 5 yards on us every down like everyone keeps thinking though. Our run defense is pretty strong.

Post Count
    Ya, have enjoyed watching Manziel play this year and I think he will be the best qb Bama has faced all season. Bama 31 ATM 28, with Bama taking the lead the late...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The ONLY way I see A&M pulling this out is if Bama has a SEVERE letdown after the emotional game against LSU last weekend, complete w/ AJ weeping on the sidelines.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Hopefully Bama comes out flat an we can take an early lead. If we want a shot at this, I think getting out to a fast start will be crucial. We got out to a fast start against Florida and LSU, and while we lost both those games, we still had a great chance at taking both.

Bama 34-14

I think our defense is pretty solid actually. It's our offense that has struggled later in games, not surprising given the level of compe ion and Manziel is a freshman. A&M has improved each week and their ability to jump on teams, even good ones, could be enough.

I don't think the gap in the trenches is as big as some say.

I think it's an incredible side story, and I'm surprised more aren't discussing it.. Lining up perfectly.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    But's not really your side story.

But's not really your side story.
    If you put it that way, it's not anyone's. But it's something I've been thinking about for a while. Interesting it's only been discussed, nationally, recently. Anyway.. Long way to go, but would be incredibly fun.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    If you put it that way, it's not anyone's. But it's something I've been thinking about for a while. Interesting it's only been discussed, nationally, recently. Anyway.. Long way to go, but would be incredibly fun.
    I'm not sure if you remember it, but a few weeks ago Marquis Lee had 350 receiving yards but lolUSC still got upset by an inferior team in Tucson, Arizona.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Bama 56
    A&M 9

I don't see how Johnny comes out of this game without at least one concussion and or torn anterior rectal ligament

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Honestly I really dont see A&M winning, in fact I see a HUGE loopsided defeat!

'Bama- 56
    A&M- 12

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

The game is on CBS. It's your school that works for ESPN. Try to keep up

Bama 56
    A&M 9

I don't see how Johnny comes out of this game without at least one concussion and or torn anterior rectal ligament
    that appears a bit extreme.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    We'll see

Post Count
    Hopefully Bama comes out flat an we can take an early lead. If we want a shot at this, I think getting out to a fast start will be crucial. We got out to a fast start against Florida and LSU, and while we lost both those games, we still had a great chance at taking both.
    Getting a fast start for you guys is never a problem, its bringing it home is the problem...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bama 30
    Ags 17

Would be closer if saban wasn't the coach, but he will have then ready to play.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It was ESPN's...until you pawned it off as your own this morning. You are right about it being fun though. I'd be all for it.

Thread Information