My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just go straight to his signature

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Spurs would have beaten the Warriors in the 2017 WCF's if it wasn't for Kawhi's injury. It would have went to a game 7 with Spurs pulling it out in Golden State. Kawhi got his revenge though with a different team in 2019 for that cheap shot.
    I know this sound bold but I believe Spurs would have beaten them in 5. The Warriors had the same look on their faces the Spurs had in '01 when the Lakers went into their house and beat them. Warriors were scared and played scared until Kawhi got hurt. They didn't have the confidence they could win and it showed in their body language when they got dejected after the Spurs pushed the lead back to 25 after the Warriors had cut it to 10 points a few minutes earlier. Warriors would have easily folded since the mentality of their team was always that of front runners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 100 percent. Spurs had some good chances. Who knows how that 2016 team does if Timmy's other knee hold out. That was a seriously deep team. Agree on the 2017 team. If the Kawhi thing doesn't happen probably are a contender in 2018 and 2019 too. Decent chance one of those four years Spurs bring home another chip.
    Yeah, 2016, Spurs had a really good chance. I really liked that team. Tim was playing great that year too (until he hurt his good knee, he wasn't the same the rest of the season).

I really also liked the 2017 Spurs team. I thought both David Lee (he really played hard IMO and tried on defense) and Pau Gasol played well for the Spurs that year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this sound bold but I believe Spurs would have beaten them in 5. The Warriors had the same look on their faces the Spurs had in '01 when the Lakers went into their house and beat them. Warriors were scared and played scared until Kawhi got hurt. They didn't have the confidence they could win and it showed in their body language when they got dejected after the Spurs pushed the lead back to 25 after the Warriors had cut it to 10 points a few minutes earlier. Warriors would have easily folded since the mentality of their team was always that of front runners.
    That game 1 injury to Kawhi and loss really stung me back then. I really thought we could have beaten them and that was one of the Warriors' best teams too. It still makes me mad thinking about the Zaza , and yeah, how bad the body language of guys like Durant and Curry looked before Kawhi got injured and then all of a sudden they perk up when he was injured. They looked like they were going to crumble in that game. Spurs were also playing some great, great basketball by that point. They were peaking at the right time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just go straight to his signature
    it's always fresh, never frozen, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I guess I am happy LMA can play again, it's hard for these guys to know when to hang it up. He is still going to be overmatched on D and be a liability like he was here at the end. Deandre Jordan was just tossed out, here comes LMA, rinse and repeat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That game 1 injury to Kawhi and loss really stung me back then. I really thought we could have beaten them and that was one of the Warriors' best teams too. It still makes me mad thinking about the Zaza , and yeah, how bad the body language of guys like Durant and Curry looked before Kawhi got injured and then all of a sudden they perk up when he was injured. They looked like they were going to crumble in that game. Spurs were also playing some great, great basketball by that point. They were peaking at the right time.
    Spurs were surging at the right time and would have won that series and gone on to win the le which would have ended up being bittersweet due to Kawhi leaving. It bothers me that Zaza took away a le for the Spurs but at the same time I know any real spurs fan wouldn't be able to enjoy it knowing Kawhi would have still forced his way out a few months later. Outside of being a Raptor fan I don't know how anybody can enjoy a le knowing their star player is going to leave them anyways. You would at least like a chance to run it back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I guess I am happy LMA can play again, it's hard for these guys to know when to hang it up. He is still going to be overmatched on D and be a liability like he was here at the end. Deandre Jordan was just tossed out, here comes LMA, rinse and repeat.
    If it weren't for Harden, I'd be rooting for Nets this year all the way. Sean Marks has worked miracles there, Nash was always a great compe or against the Spurs, Durant is an amazing player despite taking the easy road in Golden State, Mills and Aldridge can get a ring...

But man...watching James Harden win a ring will be a real pain in the ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it weren't for Harden, I'd be rooting for Nets this year all the way. Sean Marks has worked miracles there, Nash was always a great compe or against the Spurs, Durant is an amazing player despite taking the easy road in Golden State, Mills and Aldridge can get a ring...

But man...watching James Harden win a ring will be a real pain in the ass.
    If it comes down to Nets vs Lakers I'm rooting for the Nets. Lakers are always insufferable along with their fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it comes down to Nets vs Lakers I'm rooting for the Nets. Lakers are always insufferable along with their fans.
    LeBron does not need another ring basically crying for more star teammates. So tired of that being rewarded. It's why the Bucks winning was so satisfying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron does not need another ring basically crying for more star teammates. So tired of that being rewarded. It's why the Bucks winning was so satisfying.
    I agree. I'm just tired of Lebron. I feel if he loses this year then his era is over since I don't ever see him winning another ring again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, would be nice for Harden to never ring. I like Marks as well and would pull for them over the Lakers for the reasons cited above too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No more rings for Lebron. He always wants a stacked team. He can't win any other way.

Thread Information