Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, of the names out there, two could be worth some attention...
    I mean Chriss and Bender. ...
    Marquese Chriss is interesting in that he was a teammate of Dejounte Murray at the U. of Wash. Otherwise, I know little about him. He has the size to be a PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are at the worst case scenario why not get Corey Brewer? Never followed him for an full season but when I do the guy makes great defensive plays and big threes. From that list I say Brewer. Ben Moore hasn’t shown me .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are at the worst case scenario why not get Corey Brewer? Never followed him for an full season but when I do the guy makes great defensive plays and big threes. From that list I say Brewer. Ben Moore hasn’t shown me .
    Brewer is a swing 2/3; what the Spurs need is more of a swing 3/4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marquese Chriss is interesting in that he was a teammate of Dejounte Murray at the U. of Wash. Otherwise, I know little about him. He has the size to be a PF.
    Chriss is still only 22 I believe. His biggest mistake was coming out after only 1 yr at Washington. He didn't start playing basketball until he was 14. He needs a lot of development in terms of bball iq. More time in college or even spending some time in the G league or overseas would have probably been better for his development than being thrown into the NBA. I haven't watched him enough in his NBA career to really have an opinion on whether he would be worth trying to salvage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what draftnet said about Chriss.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/marquese-chriss

It speaks of him needing the D League for a year or two. Maybe he still does. But the Spurs need somebody now.

IOW, it says the same thing you did, SpaceCoast.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will take a flyer on Bender and Faried

I'm not high on Lyles but why not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Hanga be bought out?
    Spurs reneged on him after he flew down and stayed in SA last offseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that everything that is left is garbage heap. Spurs may be better off spending pennies of their mid-level and hoping that a decent wing gets bought out and they have most of the MLE to sign the player versus the rest of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear Tony Parker is high on Sam Dekker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see that Bender is really any better than Luka. Chris is a center in a PF's body.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see that Bender is really any better than Luka. Chris is a center in a PF's body.
    Luka is 19, Bender 21...with three seasons of (bad) nba experience and the body and height (2.16 centimeters) of a top 4 talented draft pick...why don't try him in the best nba team for developing his skills? plus he's croatian like Samanic...
    Chriss maybe a center just because is not developed at all and came in nba too early...but runs the court like a gazelle, jumps high as a kangaroo and has an outside shot (to develop) also from 3 point range (same as Bender)...plus he's from the same university and i think also played with one of the main young guys of our team.. (DJM).
    I see a lot of reasons for investment on these two guys...from an outside point of wiew...obviously our PATFO have scrutinazed them in these years and knows better than all of us if they are worth spending money and time on them...but based only on (till now totally wasted) potential, the two guys, imho, could both become a bargain...(at the price and lenght and structure of contract I wrote some post before).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is 19, Bender 21...with three seasons of (bad) nba experience and the body and height (2.16 centimeters) of a top 4 talented draft pick...why don't try him in the best nba team for developing his skills? plus he's croatian like Samanic...
    Chriss maybe a center just because is not developed at all and came in nba too early...but runs the court like a gazelle, jumps high as a kangaroo and has an outside shot (to develop) also from 3 point range (same as Bender)...plus he's from the same university and i think also played with one of the main young guys of our team.. (DJM).
    I see a lot of reasons for investment on these two guys...from an outside point of wiew...obviously our PATFO have scrutinazed them in these years and knows better than all of us if they are worth spending money and time on them...but based only on (till now totally wasted) potential, the two guys, imho, could both become a bargain...(at the price and lenght and structure of contract I wrote some post before).
    I would prefer a more physical 3rd center but, I'd be ok with Bender in that roll if the FO sees something there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chriss is a ing headcase. The Spurs would never sign him. Bender has enough years in the league that you would literally be developing him for another team if you succeed in fixing his flaws. His next FA period will be unrestricted.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My coworkers are making fun of me with Carmelo to SAS.
    Hope Marcus reconsider to sign with Spurs, maybe they can offer him more years. But Marcus is looking for a big check and I understand him, his last contract was about 4Y/20M to play with his brother in PHX.

There is not SF/PF in the market right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston is going to waive Yabusele, maybe is an option. But Spurs are looking for a solid veteran.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chriss is a ing headcase. The Spurs would never sign him. Bender has enough years in the league that you would literally be developing him for another team if you succeed in fixing his flaws. His next FA period will be unrestricted.
    I know nothing about his mental state, but do you agree that one thing is being a head case when you are twenty, another when you are grown up?...and you can be an headcase how much you want but this could be his last chance to have a career or at least make some money...being a headcase is one thing, being stupid another...I'm sure he's freaking scared to lose all his chances to ba a well paid nba player (or a nba player at all) and could realize this is a lst chance opportunity.
    I don't get your point on Bender...ha has already three years of experience and the structure of the contract I proposed for both (one year guarantee, next three years at team option) give the chance to PATFO to evaluate the learning process year by year...and decide year by year if he's progressing enough to be with the team again. So no risk in the sense you are wrinting about...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign whoever is not a Klutch client.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What the happened to Anderson's shot last year? He could've easily replaced Bertans' shooting anytime before that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of these names are worth a damn; they'd just be signing a guy to sign a guy, with maybe an exception for Hanga, if he could forgive the Spurs.

The Spurs options really are to make a trade for RoCo or Gallinari; or just leave the spot open, move Carroll to the spot where Morris would have been, and let KJ soak up some minutes backing up DeMar at the three. Until you find a decent buyout option, that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So can we keep the MLE and use it in the buyout market because what’s left right now outside of Oubre is hot .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of these names are worth a damn; they'd just be signing a guy to sign a guy, with maybe an exception for Hanga, if he could forgive the Spurs.

The Spurs options really are to make a trade for RoCo or Gallinari; or just leave the spot open, move Carroll to the spot where Morris would have been, and let KJ soak up some minutes backing up DeMar at the three. Until you find a decent buyout option, that is.
    Bertans was key for a trade for RoCo or Gallo. Now we don’t have to match salary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So can we keep the MLE and use it in the buyout market because what’s left right now outside of Oubre is hot .
    Yes, they’d be able to.

I think you can use it all the way until the start of the new league year, right (someone who has memorized CBA FAQ may know). If that’s the case, why not offer it to Nikola at the end of the season and he’d essentially get paid twice ... unless money is prorated? They’d then have the MLE available again next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Oubre already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Oubre already.

Thread Information