Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If everything is so rosy, why isn't he resigning with GS? The fact of the matter is that they're run very much like the Spurs are and they apparently want nothing to do with him.

That's a HUGE red flag.

They got a better younger option in stein

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If its for the minimum, why not

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If everything is so rosy, why isn't he resigning with GS? The fact of the matter is that they're run very much like the Spurs are and they apparently want nothing to do with him.

That's a HUGE red flag.
    Agreed 100%. Boogie whines and pouts non-stop. I don't think GSW wants to deal with him again. He was always complaining about not getting enough touches despite the expectations being made very clear to him in the beginning of the year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he doesn't lose weight its over for him. He gambled by going to GS and it backfired. I agree that nobody seems to want him besides the vet min imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kerr tells Pop he was a good soldier you sign him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a now or never for him. Either he’s able to recover and develop his game at the next team or his NBA career is finished.

When someone comes to grips with this, is at the crossroads they either bend or break. I think he’ll do whatever is needed. Otherwise he’ll be in Europe or China and he knows this.

The spurs staff is his best chance of reviving his career. If this blossoms, Spurs struck gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So give me a price point. Vet Min for him would be what like 2.5mil a year? Derrick Rose got 2 years 15mil, and he's more washed up then DMC. Someone's gonna give him atleast what Derrick Rose got. What would be a good price for the Spurs?

Rose was healthy all year, shot well, had a 50 point and winning block game, played a position of need for Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boogie has no lift or explosiveness left. I am not a Boogie fan due to his poor at ude and childish behavior, however, he suffered a very sad, career ending injury. He'll never be a fraction of what he once was. Big guys don't come back from Achilles injuries. He'll be signing veteran minimums for the rest of his career, if he's fortunate enough to get picked up by an NBA team.
    He wss recovery from the injury and was looking better than expected but then he got another injury and somehow made it back. Give him a healthy offseason and you'd get more.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dumbest part of that was Elliott didn't even say anything bad about Cousins. He was basically laughing at how much Duncan was dominating him.

But, yeah, I mean technically he's a good signing at the minimum on a cost per talent ratio.

However, he has the worst character in the NBA. Pouty, crybaby who always is whining about something. I wouldn't even say he's tough or good crazy (like SJax), Cousins is just a bad apple. With a team full of impressionable young players, he's the last person you want to add to the mix.

Even for basketball reasons, it doesn't make sense. Closing lineups will have Aldridge at center, so Cousins ability to help the team win games would be limited. Cousins and Aldridge together would be slooooow. Bringing Cousins off the bench, he'd have to be the focal point (or else he'd go into full pout mode) and the Spurs just gave Gay a lot of money to handle that role.

I'd be against Cousins for the minimum. Full stop. Even if the DeRozan begs RC and Aldridge tells his agent (same as Cousins now) to make it happen, my bet would be that Cousins gets waived faster than Ron Mercer did.

Yep. Agree with all of it, including passing on him at the vet min. I'm convinced that little experiment in New Orleans played a part in Davis getting fed up and wanting out. Like any great player, Davis wanted the team to bring in other talent that gave them a shot at winning. Boogie wasn't that, even though his numbers were big.

I hadn't thought about Mercer, but I did think about Drew Gooden. He had averaged 13 and 9 the same year the Spurs brought him in. He was only here for a couple of months, and Pop didn't want any part of bringing him back. Cousins has more talent, but brings more baggage. The Warriors had a year with him, and they don't want any part of bringing him back - even though he's capable of putting up big numbers, and they will be without Durant and Klay. Logically, they ought to be begging him to come back. They fact that they aren't, even when it sounds like he'd sign for cheap? That ought to tell people everything they need to know.

I hope the rumor isn't true about the Spurs considering him. I guess it doesn't cost anything to talk to him. But the Spurs have a young core that should get them well into the playoffs, and I would much rather see them get the minutes. And I hate to even think about him ever being on the floor and hogging the ball from Aldridge. I know therapists don't count against the salary cap, but Pop would still have to give LMA days off to go to counselling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at the dummies in this thread thinkng cousins is a difference maker for SA. Dude is a loser thru and thru. Some of yall are way too enamored over sexy names and don't actual ing watch basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id take him.. he has something to prove to the world and would be a good enforcer

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if it’s for the minimum then that’s a no brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at the dummies in this thread thinkng cousins is a difference maker for SA. Dude is a loser thru and thru. Some of yall are way too enamored over sexy names and don't actual ing watch basketball.

Hes beyond done soo hed be the perfect spur tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure why Warriors don't want him back. They can over offer him little more than he got last season. Perhaps he doesn't go to bible studies with Curry. But he did play in the finals including down the stretch. If your a starting center in the finals and relied upon by your coach down the stretch, I think you can play anywhere. And for the record I think Warriors have poor leaders other than Iggy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have Pau Gasol again than Cousins anywhere near a Spurs uniform.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree... i wanna see him and joker bang down low

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So give me a price point. Vet Min for him would be what like 2.5mil a year? Derrick Rose got 2 years 15mil, and he's more washed up then DMC. Someone's gonna give him atleast what Derrick Rose got. What would be a good price for the Spurs?
    . No one is giving boogie 2/15. His ing agent can’t even get calls retuned.

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree it’s probably a risk worth taking. It’s hilarious to imagine adding Boogie Cousins to our roster of veteran career losers, but there is the possibility that he is the spark plug the Spurs would need to actually think about contending this year and the next. IF they can feel confident that there’s a good chance he will buy in, and be a good soldier, then I think you have to give it a shot and see what comes of it.

I do understand the concern that he will have a poor at ude and that this will rub off on our younger players. But I think DJ, Derrick and Lonnie are all high character, hard working young men and probably wouldn’t absorb much of that, if any. Don’t know enough about the rookies to have the same confidence, yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he accepts being a 3rd string center for the minimum, why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go for it. It would be an interesting season, that's for sure. Personally it's an upgrade from Gasol. We go into the season with Cousins instead Gasol. Improved Walker, Poeltl and White. Carroll over Cunningham. And add Murray. That's a big upgrade.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure why Warriors don't want him back. They can over offer him little more than he got last season. Perhaps he doesn't go to bible studies with Curry. But he did play in the finals including down the stretch. If your a starting center in the finals and relied upon by your coach down the stretch, I think you can play anywhere. And for the record I think Warriors have poor leaders other than Iggy.
    bruh did you even watch the finals... he played very poorly and almost cost them one of the games they won. And they didn't rely upon him.. Looney played much better but was injured so they HAD to play him. They played much better without him. He was a liability on defense and on offense which is his bread and butter he played very passively and scared.

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit I did not see much of him in the playoffs. If he is as washed as all that then maybe forget I said anything.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldn't even touch him at the minimum with an agreed upon 3rd string role. Let someone else gamble.. we already have 2 headcases

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins should go to a lottery team that allows him to stat pad so that maybe he gets his price back up. He was guaranteed to get a max contract before getting injured. Tough break.

Thread Information