Page 125 of 376 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 9381
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    DJR210 so does Rising Storm 2: Vietnam only allow mouse/keyboard? cant figure out how to use the gamepad. me i cant use a mouse and keyboard for

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanna smash the controller into the ing TV when I get Sigrun to 5% health bar and then up and miss when she jumps and get my head stomped in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanna smash the controller into the ing TV when I get Sigrun to 5% health bar and then up and miss when she jumps and get my head stomped in.
    Are you using your shield to block?

The shield is an underrated tool most people (Including myself) dont use in this game. Which is actually fine for most of the game but makes a difference in fighting the valkyrie.

You can block her initial attacks. Her last set is unblockable though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you using your shield to block?

The shield is an underrated tool most people (Including myself) dont use in this game. Which is actually fine for most of the game but makes a difference in fighting the valkyrie.

You can block her initial attacks. Her last set is unblockable though.
    I block the that can be blocked like the ice and wing attack but mostly it's dodge, roll, or parry then unload a ton of runic attacks when she misses (as well as the wolves attack from Atreus and the slow time talisman).

This would be a really cool fight the rage mode wasn't so easy to accidentally turn on when pressing R3 to target her. Gotta be really defensive to get anywhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I block the that can be blocked like the ice and wing attack but mostly it's dodge, roll, or parry then unload a ton of runic attacks when she misses (as well as the wolves attack from Atreus and the slow time talisman).

This would be a really cool fight the rage mode wasn't so easy to accidentally turn on when pressing R3 to target her. Gotta be really defensive to get anywhere.
    When she uses her wings to cover herself you can use your shield to stun her out of it. It gives you an opening to pounce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When she uses her wings to cover herself you can use your shield to stun her out of it. It gives you an opening to pounce.
    If you're fast. If not gotta back off or you get hit hard when she opens them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJR210 so does Rising Storm 2: Vietnam only allow mouse/keyboard? cant figure out how to use the gamepad. me i cant use a mouse and keyboard for
    @ even considering a gamepad for a PC FPS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're fast. If not gotta back off or you get hit hard when she opens them.
    Eventually you learn her moves and what works to dodge them tbh... I don’t even recall using the aerial stun on her, just dodge and when there’s an opening, slam. It’s a grinder fight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually you learn her moves and what works to dodge them tbh... I don’t even recall using the aerial stun on her, just dodge and when there’s an opening, slam. It’s a grinder fight
    If you don't knock her out of the air she does that blinding attack which is pretty much game over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't knock her out of the air she does that blinding attack which is pretty much game over.
    That fight is such a leap in difficulty that the first 3-4 hours (depending on how good you are with games) can be frustrating, but once you start getting the hang of it, and more consistent with your strategy, you end up feeling pretty good about beating it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t played it in a while, maybe I just don’t remember that attack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That fight is such a leap in difficulty that the first 3-4 hours (depending on how good you are with games) can be frustrating, but once you start getting the hang of it, and more consistent with your strategy, you end up feeling pretty good about beating it.
    I know the attacks and have gotten pretty good at dodging them. For instance, circle counterclockwise to make dodging right easy when she does the quick right arm dashing attack. Moving right constantly so I'm in a good position to roll when she does the three flying attacks where she slams your head into the ground if she catches you. Roll back and to the right to always miss the double scythe swing after dashing. Be moving to the right so you can quickly roll when she flies up for the head stomp attack if she catches you. Hit her with an arrow or the axe when she flies up and gets ready to the do the blinding attack. Etc.

What makes the fight super frustrating is trying to lock on to her with R3 and instead going into rage mode because I'm also using the left thumbstick to move. Which you have to be doing when she's out of your sight. I never found Bloodborne frustrating (other than the very beginning where I didn't know what you were supposed to do) because I knew I had a bad strategy or hadn't figured out the attack pattern or just got impatient and paid the price on a death, but in the Sigrun fight a lot of the time I die because of a poor design decision to overload two actions onto the R3 button (lock on and rage). They should have made rage mode triggered by something else, say the touchpad.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-05-2019 at 09:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Press the down button breh. Krators turns 180

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Press the down button breh. Krators turns 180
    Yeah. When you know she’s doing the blinding move, just do a quick turn for like half a second then turn back. That’s required on god of war difficulty when Atreus can’t stun her. You can also look at the ground and look back up but quickturn is much better if your controls are anywhere near the default sensitivity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. When you know she’s doing the blinding move, just do a quick turn for like half a second then turn back. That’s required on god of war difficulty when Atreus can’t stun her. You can also look at the ground and look back up but quickturn is much better if your controls are anywhere near the default sensitivity
    Never knew you could just look the other way to not get hit by the blind attack. Makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never knew you could just look the other way to not get hit by the blind attack. Makes sense.
    are you still triggering spartan rage that often, though? why are you constantly sprinting.

also i didnt really feel the need to use the lock on feature on GMAC, because when in doubt atreus always stuns her out of the air, and you only have to instantly react during her goomba stomp which she choreographs by yelling VALHALLA. on higher difficulty when you have to axe toss instead of atreus stun, lock on was much more useful

also you might want to consider the light blades runic, gift of apollo (i think thats what its called). gives you good heals

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    @ even considering a gamepad for a PC FPS
    i grew up playing consoles man, i only joined the master race within the last year, its all i know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you still triggering spartan rage that often, though? why are you constantly sprinting.

also i didnt really feel the need to use the lock on feature on GMAC, because when in doubt atreus always stuns her out of the air, and you only have to instantly react during her goomba stomp which she choreographs by yelling VALHALLA. on higher difficulty when you have to axe toss instead of atreus stun, lock on was much more useful

also you might want to consider the light blades runic, gift of apollo (i think thats what its called). gives you good heals
    I was triggering it when moving with the left thumbstick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just remap one of the actions to your Beats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it shouldnt trigger just by moving the thumbstick only when you have L3 pressed down though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it shouldnt trigger just by moving the thumbstick only when you have L3 pressed down though
    Easy to accidentally press L3 when making quick movements though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy to accidentally press L3 when making quick movements though.
    git good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Probably will go grind a bit finishing off Muspelheim and Niflheim to get my level up (I'm at high Lvl 7) before fighting that bas again.

Gonna keep a savefile for that fight just to try it GMGOW for the lols.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Probably will go grind a bit finishing off Muspelheim and Niflheim to get my level up (I'm at high Lvl 7) before fighting that bas again.

Gonna keep a savefile for that fight just to try it GMGOW for the lols.
    i dont think you can adjust difficulty upwards to GMGOW. that difficulty is all or nothing. you have to choose it at the start of your playthrough and once you do you're stuck on it. you can freely change between the other 3. unless im remembering wrong

do you have your axe and blades at levels 6 and 5? what armor pieces are you using? are the runics you're running fully upgraded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think you can adjust difficulty upwards to GMGOW. that difficulty is all or nothing. you have to choose it at the start of your playthrough and once you do you're stuck on it. you can freely change between the other 3. unless im remembering wrong

do you have your axe and blades at levels 6 and 5? what armor pieces are you using? are the runics you're running fully upgraded?
    Using the mist armor from Niflheim and have the blades and axe maxed but have pretty crappy pommels on both. I saved in Niflheim with a ton of echoes so I could open one chest, reload, open another, reload, and so on to see what was in each and I see there are two epic pommels I should probably get to replace the weak ones I have equipped. Plus Muspelheim has some ingredients I need to craft an enchantment I want as well as to upgrade armor.

Thread Information