Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5’11” 158 being a “big thug”. Are you one of those pussies who crosses the street every time you see a black guy in the distance?

Again, if TM was so threatening and intimidating, it makes no sense that sweet pudgy Zimmerman would not only follow him but leave the safety of his vehicle to continue to the pursuit.
    He's not as buff as I had remembered, but he still dwarfs GZ. I have no doubt he was kicking GZ's ass. Everything points to that; this is a very inconvenient truth for liberals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing to debate about Zimmerman, this isn't the Mike Brown case where that was wildin, tbh. Zimmerman was your typical, terrified little man with a napolean complex and was terrified of Black people. A grown man who completely overreacted just by seeing an average-sized teenage boy walking around his neighborhood

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing to debate about Zimmerman, this isn't the Mike Brown case where that was wildin, tbh. Zimmerman was your typical, terrified little man with a napolean complex and was terrified of Black people. A grown man who completely overreacted just by seeing an average-sized teenage boy walking around his neighborhood
    Brown's killer was cruisin a black neighborhood to harass blacks for stuff like walking in the street.

His reaction to Brown moving towards him was to escalate immediately to shooting, rather de-escalate by locking his doors, rolling up his ing window and backing up or driving away.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ouch. I'm not surprised at all why you think the way you do. I'm sorry that mommy and daddy didn't teach you as a child to love our companions
    look I thought Harry Potter was kind-of cool as a kid (but way inferior to say, LOTR) but JK Rowling is a far, far leftist. She's for ing Jeremy Corbyn, jeez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are probably thinking of the activism associated with animals we consume.

The people that volunteer for animal shelter in SA seem like a pretty diverse bunch politically, except most are probably older, or younger and still in school. In other words, they have time to be activists/volunteers. My small observation. I would say more are female. So both of our conjectures might be our own tiny world.

And many, many dogs have been selectively bred by humans to be with humans. Or work outside and come in at night. Or even stay outside at night guarding a herd. The dogs you see with people are bred by people for people. Many times bred for their perceived human qualities

So you are going a bit overboard with YOUR particular house rules.
    Unquestionably. And you can tell on the dating sites, too. look, I don't HATE animals by any means but I don't want to be around them like 24/7 either, can someone please find a happy medium? Just because I don't want to live with pe(s)ts in the house stinking and scratching and chewing up my clothes and my belongings and my carpeting doesn't make me sociopathic or introverted, which I am neither.

that said, I'll only stop eating meat if my heart doctor says I have to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure about that.

President Trump Signs Federal Animal Cruelty Bill Into Law

The bill, called the Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act, makes intentional acts of cruelty to animals federal crimes carrying penalties of up to seven years in prison.

Seems to me that having love and empathy for animals is a bipartisan thing and has nothing to do with left vs right.
    Believe it or not there are people on the right who are vegeterians. I think it's more about how one was raised.
    India Indians, yep.... I work with a population of 80% of those and about 30-40% of them are completely vegetarian... and socially/ideologically right wing for sure (they don't vote because they're not citizens)... but they don't really count.

As for actual Americans, I'll believe it when I see it. It seems to be an exclusively hipster thing from my experience. The blue and pink dyed funky hair, oversized glasses, face piercings, colored tattoos everywhere, tie dye shirts.... yep, those types. Aka target practice for my .357 in a perfect world types.

I don't think anyone other than sick sociopaths will argue that INTENTIONAL cruelty and torturing of animals is right or good or okay. But there's a fine line.... what about going into the woods and hunting? Shooting a deer? What if it doesn't die on the first shot, does that qualify as cruelty?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was horrible! The media did not identify most of the bodies let alone got their bodies off the hill and some of these white feminists went on the attack hours after the accident without thinking of anyone except themselves. Kobe paid the price for his role with the girl from Colorado. He pleaded innocent, settled his civil court and charges were dropped in the criminal case. Settlements do not mean "guilt". Of course, you'll never get people like Felicia Sunmoez to understand that. Felicia is a horrible human being plain and simple but in her bubble, she is a hero. Sad. It is what it is.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh really, so if it was a white guy who got in trouble for dog fighting you’re saying Whoopi would have come to his defense the same way she did Vick? GMAFB.
    I don't really care to speculate what side of the argument Whoopi Goldberg would be on for a television show that revolves around debate to entertain unemployed women. It's like dissecting Colin Cowherd's opinion on the Dallas Cowboys and calling him a hypocrite. Neither of us knows her and she's hardly the avatar for black women. She's definitely not Oprah though.

She wasn’t the only one. The NAACP defended him, Howard Bryant not only defended him but then wrote an article about how mean white people were to him thereafter.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/sto...ard&id=3035358
    How do you see this as Howard Bryant defending Michael Vick? The article is about the reaction to the story. He specifically says Vick deserves punishment and admonishes his black readers for playing the race card.

Vick belongs in prison for what he admitted to doing. The details, if you feel anything at all, do not need repeating. You look for commonality, and this was supposed to be an easy one. You break the law, you pay.

And yet, the majority of African-Americans who wrote say Vick has been unfairly targeted, and also believe that African-Americans offended by his actions have lost the meaning of being black. They've just been co-opted by whites.

The baseline of common decency -- that people simply are not supposed to behave this way and there are basic concepts of behavior we can all agree upon -- has disintegrated. Or maybe it hasn't even arrived. The letters tell you this is so. The exchanges between you and the black people who say you have contributed to the destruction of another black male grow heated and depressing. The question about how someone who murdered an animal could become so much more about black-and-white is being answered right here, right now. And you think about money, that everyone with enough talent in the right discipline can earn $1 million.

But as with the ubiquitous Simpson, we cannot reach the human layer of commonality, because we believe it doesn't exist. Not while race first defines who has value and who does not, who receives sympathy and who does not, and who goes to jail and who does not.
    In this NPR interview he further discusses the reaction and even says that a white QB would have had the same response: https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...oryId=13947511

I think you're struggling with the nuance between "Michael Vick is innocent" and "Michael Vick is being disproportionately attacked because of his race." Reasonable people could certainly have argued the latter. That was the NAACP's stance too. They never suggested he should not receive any punishment.

So you can look up more examples if you want, but it would be more helpful to your point if they didn't back up what I said in the beginning: "Plenty of black women didn't like Vick's dog fighting but the outrage didn't go to the level of crucifixion and lifetime banishment advocated by many white commenters. Goes back to at udes about the permanent branding of flawed people."
    Last edited by Spurminator; 01-29-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look I thought Harry Potter was kind-of cool as a kid (but way inferior to say, LOTR) but JK Rowling is a far, far leftist. She's for ing Jeremy Corbyn, jeez.
    Doesn't matter who says the quote. The quote is still very true.

Just like another quote that says "to learn who rules over you simply find out who you're not allowed to criticize." Some people credit Voltaire for that quote. Others say it was some neonazi or white supremacist who said that. Again, it doesn't matter who came up with that quote because it is still very true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone other than sick sociopaths will argue that INTENTIONAL cruelty and torturing of animals is right or good or okay. But there's a fine line.... what about going into the woods and hunting? Shooting a deer? What if it doesn't die on the first shot, does that qualify as cruelty?
    I don't have a problem with people hunting as long as they do it in a humane way, follow the rules and laws of huntiing and that the game is consumed. Joe Rogan says he hunts is own food cuz he doesn't want to contribute to the animal cruelty in factory farms. I respect that.

But hey, I'm glad you're not a bloodthirsty sociopath who enjoys torturing and watching animals suffer. Some people are more loving and caring than others. Unfortunately, that is something that is thought as a child and the sick sociopaths running this world today will never change. Those people should be put down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with people hunting as long as they do it in a humane way, follow the rules and laws of huntiing and that the game is consumed. Joe Rogan says he hunts is own food cuz he doesn't want to contribute to the animal cruelty in factory farms. I respect that.

But hey, I'm glad you're not a bloodthirsty sociopath who enjoys torturing and watching animals suffer. Some people are more loving and caring than others. Unfortunately, that is something that is thought as a child and the sick sociopaths running this world today will never change. Those people should be put down.
    look, I eat both meat and vegetables, I love a good greek salad almost as much as wings or a perfect meat dish. I'm all for recycling and practical green living, but I'm not going out of my way to be "green" if it gets in the way of my life or goes against the grain of practicality. I'm not going to give up my car to buy a $70K EV (that is completely useless on one of my long drives, btw) or rely on mass transit which is pretty much scarce as hen's teeth in most of DFW. And I'm definitely never going to give up eating meat except if it benefits my health, which there is no conclusive science to suggest unless you have certain kinds of heart and liver disease where you can't have any dietary cholesterol.

I'm not going to go out of my way to harm, torture or kill innocent animals, or animals belonging to anyone else. Why would I waste my time? But in the same context, that's exactly what pets are... a waste of time. Like I said, if you live outside the city then utility dogs and/or horses are good to have, for practical reasons. If you own a farm then you might have cows, goats, sheep etc... to eat and to profit off of. But dogs inside the house? Useless, impractical, major waste of time, money, hygiene, sleep, stress... just awful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rightwingnutsjobs are more concerned about avoiding animals' suffering than they about humans' suffering and torture.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rightwingnutsjobs are more concerned about avoiding animals' suffering than they about humans' suffering and torture.
    Right wing? Pretty sure the majority on both sides feel that way, tbh. I'm certainly not right wing on any level and I usually feel that way extremists like Peta take it too far, but it's generally much easier to feel empathy for an animal for obvious reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to go out of my way to harm, torture or kill innocent animals, or animals belonging to anyone else. Why would I waste my time? But in the same context, that's exactly what pets are... a waste of time. Like I said, if you live outside the city then utility dogs and/or horses are good to have, for practical reasons. If you own a farm then you might have cows, goats, sheep etc... to eat and to profit off of. But dogs inside the house? Useless, impractical, major waste of time, money, hygiene, sleep, stress... just awful.
    What you just described is how I feel about humans tbh. We breed and spread like a cancer to this planet. We are a cancer to this planet. At least animal companions or pets provide unconditional love.

Right wing? Pretty sure the majority on both sides feel that way, tbh. I'm certainly not right wing on any level and I usually feel that way extremists like Peta take it too far, but it's generally much easier to feel empathy for an animal for obvious reasons.
    Boutons sounds like he's a leftist version of Millennial_Messiah when it comes to animal apathy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe probably had women in every city, waiting at his hotel and every woman he was alone with for more than a minute was liable to make a move on him. He did not rape that woman. It would not make any sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information