Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    A week or so ago the neighbor lady told me she was getting an estimate to replace the privacy fence between our yards. I knew what she was hinting at so I asked if she wanted to split the costs and she jumped on it.
    Well, last week while I was away my other neighbor spoke to my wife and told her his estimate is $1300. It in only on the right side of the house going back to end of the yard.
    It is only 8 sections long and since the gate is only on our side she told him we would take care of that part ourselves. The neighbor has chain link fence from the privacy fence to her house.
    I thought that was way too much. So I've got a few others coming out to give me quotes.
    The neighbor is the same dude who wanted to trim our trees for $350 bucks when I got some dudes to do it for $150.

Am I wrong? I've googled it and may just to the job myself. Mouse was going to help but he has been a no show for quite some time now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    No you're not wrong. $1300 seems high to me.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    it believe they told me 1000 to do my whole yard and that was with metal post. i dont remember the company any more cause it was a couple of years ago but damn that seems high for one side. it better last 100 years.

every time i ask my neighbor if he is ready to do it he says he doesnt have the money so i have just been waiting.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A week or so ago the neighbor lady told me she was getting an estimate to replace the privacy fence between our yards. I knew what she was hinting at so I asked if she wanted to split the costs and she jumped on it.
    Well, last week while I was away my other neighbor spoke to my wife and told her his estimate is $1300. It in only on the right side of the house going back to end of the yard.
    It is only 8 sections long and since the gate is only on our side she told him we would take care of that part ourselves. The neighbor has chain link fence from the privacy fence to her house.
    I thought that was way too much. So I've got a few others coming out to give me quotes.
    The neighbor is the same dude who wanted to trim our trees for $350 bucks when I got some dudes to do it for $150.

Am I wrong? I've googled it and may just to the job myself. Mouse was going to help but he has been a no show for quite some time now.

That does seem awfully steep. Are they quoting replacing the posts and all the framework or just the boards?

Let me know if you want to try to do it yourself and I'll lend a hand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I have been told by a friend in the business that for complete replacement about $15 a foot is average.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    San Antonio sounds like a place where your neighbors try to rip you off!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    1300 is way too high. Should be more like $600-700 using good wood.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have been told by a friend in the business that for complete replacement about $15 a foot is average.
    If that's correct this estimate not only seems high, but maybe twice what it should be?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Thanks guys, and Bigzak, I may take you up on that offer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    When we were going to build a privacy fence around the pool, we got a low quote of $1500 for 215 feet (high quote was $3500). We ended up not putting up the fence, but the prices varied a lot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    WTF? Just do it yourself Joe, you're Mexican. And get Mouse to help you. And if you don't wanna go that route, go find some illegals to do it.

1300 is ing bull .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    make u sure u get it done properly u dont wanna lose land to ur neighbor, cause his tryin to pull a shifte

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Lowe's has the 8 ft sections for $44. Yeah, I am going to do it myself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    make u sure u get it done properly u dont wanna lose land to ur neighbor, cause his tryin to pull a shifte
    Yeah, she cussed me out when we first moved in years ago because I mowed my lawn at 8:30 in the morning and it pissed her off. This was the first time she has spoken to us since then.
    Now I have to check to see what kind of permits I need to do the job myself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, she cussed me out when we first moved in years ago because I mowed my lawn at 8:30 in the morning and it pissed her off. This was the first time she has spoken to us since then.
    Now I have to check to see what kind of permits I need to do the job myself.
    THAT! Just say no, let them pay for it all and when they do, call the city and make ure they got the permits for it.

When I first moved in I wanted to put a privacy fence up at a cost of $600-700. I told my neighbor that if I got it done that I was going to pull up the current metal posts to put in the new wood ones. He sad he'd rather keep them. Well that, I'am not paying for the fence and losing some of my yard so I never did it. He later came to me and asked if I was still going to do it. I just told him no, it was put on the back burner.

Now he paid for it all but took the god damn posts out... you know the same ones he wanted.

Oh well, he payed for it and I didn't lose any yard. I finished a small 8' section that was bordering another neighbors house. It's real easy and you can do it yourself. Buy the lumber you want, don't buy the made sections.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    THAT! Just say no, let them pay for it all and when they do, call the city and make ure they got the permits for it.

When I first moved in I wanted to put a privacy fence up at a cost of $600-700. I told my neighbor that if I got it done that I was going to pull up the current metal posts to put in the new wood ones. He sad he'd rather keep them. Well that, I'am not paying for the fence and losing some of my yard so I never did it. He later came to me and asked if I was still going to do it. I just told him no, it was put on the back burner.

Now he paid for it all but took the god damn posts out... you know the same ones he wanted.

Oh well, he payed for it and I didn't lose any yard. I finished a small 8' section that was bordering another neighbors house. It's real easy and you can do it yourself. Buy the lumber you want, don't buy the made sections.
    Yeah, I did the back part by myself but only had to replace the boards. This time the posts need to be dug out and replaced as they are leaning way too far to fix. But I also found out awhile back that they used about a ton of cement on each post so I need to dig it all out. and out yard is not perfectly flat so I will need to adjust the heights of the boards as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What part of town do you live on?

And mowing the grass at 8:30 am, were you still drunk from the night before?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When we were going to build a privacy fence around the pool, we got a low quote of $1500 for 215 feet (high quote was $3500). We ended up not putting up the fence, but the prices varied a lot.
    That's funny because the high quote was around 15.00 per foot, the low was about half. I wonder if you would have wound up with a cardboard fence for that price? Maybe they would have gotten crayons and drawn nice details on the top for a few bucks more?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    What part of town do you live on?

And mowing the grass at 8:30 am, were you still drunk from the night before?
    I live in Converse and I wanted to mow the lawn before it got real hot. My neighbor on the other side always mows his real early. Doesn't bother me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I've got a guy coming over tomorrow after work to give me a quote.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    64 ft X $15/ft = $960

The quote isn't terribly high, but it's still high. Seems like you should be able to get it done for around $1K.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    64 ft X $15/ft = $960

The quote isn't terribly high, but it's still high. Seems like you should be able to get it done for around $1K.
    Yeah, too high for me. 8 ft sections are $44 at Lowe's. I need 7 so that is $308.00 plus the posts so I can do it for much less myself. Of course I always knew that but I figure if I can get a decent quote for a decent job then I am willing to pay, yeah that is right. But if I can save and still do a decent job then that makes it much better and I will get the satisfaction of doing it myself.
    I mean, I do know how to google and follow directions.

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    i need to do fence work on mine also.

only thing is that the fences are all on all the respective neighbor's sides.

2 sides are bad, one is really bad.

the only one i actually talk to is in decent shape. outstanding.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks guys, and Bigzak, I may take you up on that offer.
    Lowe's has the 8 ft sections for $44. Yeah, I am going to do it myself.

Cool. Just let me know a week or two in advance so I can plan. I need the exercise and I'll enjoy the sense of accomplishment...

I've only replaced boards before, which is extremely easy, and not done the posts, but we just gotta dig and get the concrete. Mouse's knowledge would really help, but you know how it goes when Mouse gets involved in things...

I don't think it will be too hard really. All the stuff is done, we just gotta replace and duplicate what has been done with new materials. It would be a different story if we were starting from scratch.

Anyhow, just PM me. I don't have my new cell# yet. I can PM you my home phone though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll help you pick up BigZak when he passes out from the heat.

Thread Information