Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad because marco is a historically bad defender but he is a major upgrade on barron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Marco is great, it frees up even more minutes for Lonnie. Hanging onto Brent forms is a huge L and par for Pops course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I broke this a couple of days ago in the trade deadline thread so I guess my source was right. That or Jabari is stalking Spurstalk and getting his info from here.
    He has an account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    other teams not wanting to touch the guys that Pop is signing to bigger deals and playing heavy minutes. Can’t make this up.

Let’s really hope Pop isn’t being so stubborn he can’t see the Forrest for the trees. This team as currently constructed has no business being kept together.

THey need drastic changes one way or the other. Pick a lane and go. But if they can’t get anything done at deadline, this Summer has to bring change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is retiring this year bro. It would be quite the feather in his cap to hold the all-time consecutive playoff streak. He's already 3rd all-time in wins and 3rd in championships. Just seals the deal on his legacy by getting this 8th seed
    Pop is sitting on 1267 wins. The top spot is Don Nelson with 1335, 68 wins away. He's not going anywhere until he sits on top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone should want to win. That is the goal. You should not expect championships every year either.

But for teams like SA, that were built to win now, have again vets (etc) just blanket making the playoffs isn’t a real goal. You can’t have a losing record, playoffs or not, and think that is acceptable.

If you are MEM and are building towards something, sure, that trajectory makes sense. But SA is not on that path and need to do something.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Carroll and belinelli for pieces that can help the starting lineup and let's move on. Can't move them for salary space because no one has salary to bring in

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want to know the back story on Carroll. Collecting dust on the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay just moved into a new bigger home last summer. His old home went on the market 1-2 weeks ago ....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bye bye lottery pick bye bye bright future for the spurs
    Where did you see the Spurs finishing this year and what range in the lottery did you expect to see them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% committed to making the playoffs but giving heavy minutes to Forbes and having Marco ahead of Walker in the rotation earlier in the season while also refusing to play White and Murray together...

surejan.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does SA expect to get for players like Carroll (can’t even find minutes on a bad team in SA), Beli (everyone knows he’s awful on defense), Rudy (has value I believe, but has not been a positive year for him)?

Like, SA shouldn’t be using assets to dump those players, but if they can rid themselves of their mistakes (Rudy, Carroll, Beli, Forbes and Mills to a lesser degree) without giving up assets? They should.

Start clearing your books, open up minutes for younger higher ceiling players and go from there. That is the bare minimum.

But they should be way more aggressive than that. There is no reason to sell DeRozan/LMA for nothing, but the non-youth core can GTFO for free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers looking for shooting. Marco for a 2nd.
    Would much rather keep Marco and trade Bryn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they are trying. Trading Carroll, Belinelli and Gay is the right move, as Rudy has been garbage this season. Forbes should be #1 on the list and Lyles shouldn't be off limits neither. I just don't see what they could get back to improve the team. We gotta hope some GM is dumb enough to fall for these garbage-ass players and gives us a starter back in return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli is off the books next year anyways, so he can just be waived and should be. Carroll can be waived easily as well. No reason to give up assets to get them off the team. Just waive them.

Rudy should be traded if he has any positive value. Even a 2nd round pick. The key is does SA believe in this enough to start offering up their first round picks and/or White/Lonnie/Murray/Keldon/Luka/Jakob to really improve their win-now chances?

I think they know that is not smart, so we won’t see that. But if that is true, then moving DeRozan and/or LMA has to be in play now or this Summer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can do better without Pop, we don't need a trade. Just a coach change.
    Hopefully we can do something at deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers looking for shooting. Marco for a 2nd.
    This still could happen. Sixers need the shooting and have had Belinelli before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they gave away Bertrans and now want assets for washed Marco and DeMarre Carroll

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli is off the books next year anyways, so he can just be waived and should be. Carroll can be waived easily as well. No reason to give up assets to get them off the team. Just waive them.

Rudy should be traded if he has any positive value. Even a 2nd round pick. The key is does SA believe in this enough to start offering up their first round picks and/or White/Lonnie/Murray/Keldon/Luka/Jakob to really improve their win-now chances?

I think they know that is not smart, so we won’t see that. But if that is true, then moving DeRozan and/or LMA has to be in play now or this Summer.

I think if you waive Carroll then his 3rd year becomes guaranteed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Rudy + one of Beli/Carroll can get you a starter back. Kings and Hornets are the 2 teams I'd look at. Maybe Orlando. I don't see Memphis giving their compe ion Iggy, T-Wolves want 2 picks for Covington and 50% of the league wants Gallo. Spurs certainly won't trade for Bertans or Marcus Morris. Markieff can be had for a 2nd-rounder though

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you see the Spurs finishing this year and what range in the lottery did you expect to see them?
    spurs is tryna to make another PO so lottery pick is probably gone. There is no forbes and mills on the rumors so still poor minutes for young players. DDR and LMA would be kept to the end of their contracts so nothing in return. Sum up everything and u get no lottery picks nor bright future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if you waive Carroll then his 3rd year becomes guaranteed
    Hmm, not sure about that. But either way, they can negotiate that I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they gave away Bertrans and now want assets for washed Marco and DeMarre Carroll
    Flopovich logic. And Wizards could get a 1st-rounder for Bertans now easily, while his salary next year is projected to be around 17 million PATFO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fine with standing pat as long as Pop gives Murray, White & Walker 30mins a night. That one change could easily put us in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freeing up space to re-sign Bryn

Thread Information