Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status...77687162884102

Dolla dolla bills ya'll. Pop being paid to lose. Meanwhile DRob, TP, Manu and TD all took money off the table to win!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Pop...most championships out of active coaches in the league by far

Coach Pop...longest tenured in the league by far

Coach Pop....on the doorstep of most regular season wins in NBA history, and already owns the record for regular season+playoff wins....

Yeah, really weird that a guy with that kind of history and pedigree would make so much money. Newsflash: the coach's salary doesn't go towards the salary cap, so who gives a how much money Pop makes?

Meanwhile, SpursTalk trolls: POP PLAYS FORBES OVER PRIMO! HE'S AN IDIOT AND NEEDS TO BE FIRED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Coach Pop....on the doorstep of most regular season wins in NBA history, and already owns the record for regular season+playoff wins....

Yeah, really weird that a guy with that kind of history and pedigree would make so much money. Newsflash: the coach's salary doesn't go towards the salary cap, so who gives a how much money Pop makes?

Meanwhile, SpursTalk trolls: POP PLAYS FORBES OVER PRIMO! HE'S AN IDIOT AND NEEDS TO BE FIRED
    I was half being facetious. He earned it. There is still some irony. I wonder who Pop's agent is?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was half being facetious. He earned it. There is still some irony. I wonder who Pop's agent is?
    Does Pop have an agent? I recall Duncan didn't have one for the later part of his career and just used a lawyer to handle certain things. I figured Pop had a similar arrangement.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also the president of basketball operations so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Pop have an agent? I recall Duncan didn't have one for the later part of his career and just used a lawyer to handle certain things. I figured Pop had a similar arrangement.
    I suspect NO. Pop earned the right to work via handshakes with this organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also the president of basketball operations so...
    Rack it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoy the tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP’s vagina is so hairy it’s literally a gate keeper to orgasms. So there’s nothing left to do but redirect that rage into stupidity for all to read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do whatever Pop tells me to do. Right now I'm fetching Pop his drinks.
    I'm a fetcher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP’s vagina is so hairy it’s literally a gate keeper to orgasms. So there’s nothing left to do but redirect that rage into stupidity for all to read.
    haha i’m totally trolling. I see both sides of the argument. Slow year for real conversation and I’m tired of defending the fact that DJ Murray is pretty damn good. You’ll always be my fave life coach/internet psych though! If you had access to a script I might consider paying you to coach!
    Last edited by KingKev; 11-18-2021 at 07:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My actual view is quite polarized however… Pop earned that payday for years prior but he really did ask those 4 to take money off the table to win throughout their career so in return he gets paid for a shared legacy? Pop has been an average coach at best in recent years. Maybe his forward thinking politics, world views and tenacity to speak out earned him this pay day which also maybe speaks to the character and integrity of this franchise. Coaching wise and what most of us presume is high level involvement from a GM standpoint despite Brian Wright’s le… well his track record appears mixed at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status...77687162884102

Dolla dolla bills ya'll. Pop being paid to lose. Meanwhile DRob, TP, Manu and TD all took money off the table to win!
    There's no salary cap for coaches -- i.e., Pop taking less wouldn't help by freeing up more to spend on other contributors.

The point is nonsensical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no salary cap for coaches -- i.e., Pop taking less wouldn't help by freeing up more to spend on other contributors.

The point is nonsensical.
    I thoroughly understand the salary cap and the fact coaches don’t count against it. I’m pointing out the fact he has ARGUABLY been underperforming as the highest paid coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also spurs MO has been to ask players to take less in the middle of their careers ... and then make up for it with fatter contracts when they are older

arguably imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't forget pop is an OG tank commander. who else would you want to be in charge this season?

other coaches could do a worse job but would sink the franchise along with them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with my man Dex on this one.

With a coach who isn't completely re ed like Pop, the Spurs are probably looking at .500 and a playoff berth later this season. The old man is worth every penny right now for coaching like he regularly would and driving this roster into the ground

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well yeah. He’s not useful anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with my man Dex on this one.

With a coach who isn't completely re ed like Pop, the Spurs are probably looking at .500 and a playoff berth later this season. The old man is worth every penny right now for coaching like he regularly would and driving this roster into the ground
    Rack it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst coach of the league getting paid the most money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely tanking but I would say he's doing it unintentionally. He's trying to win games but his coaching is terrible that he ends up losing games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely tanking but I would say he's doing it unintentionally. He's trying to win games but his coaching is terrible that he ends up losing games.
    Well the talent is not even close to there. In my opinion he is doing a pretty good job coaching this year given the roster. The last few years his coaching was miserable however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, that's the beauty of it

Thread Information