San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

now the ing warriors get a cakewalk

sure hope im wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ayton quit that says a lot about his character. That's not somebody you want to build around going forward. Just a terrible look.
    Their's two sides to every story, but I'd want to know what's what before I gave him a max...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My rule for Max Contracts is don't max players who aren't worth it in wins. That's why I'm really hesitant to pursue Lavine; it'll take a max and I'm none too sure he's a guy who moves the needle a bunch. Ayton I was comfortable with, but if he's quit on his team in a Game 7... I get a lot less comfortable.
    My best friend lives in Dallas and attended all the Mav playoff home games against the Suns. It doesn't mean much but he told me the disturbing thing about Ayton he found when watching him in person is that his motor isn't always there that he doesn't always try hard on every possession. He takes possessions off when he could be making more of an effort and that's on both ends of the court. He's an objective fan since he's not a Mavs or suns fan but just decided to attend the games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton might have got word that the suns still weren’t going to offer him a max and while that’s ty of him to quit on his team if that’s true, the suns did him dirty last off season. I think it was Windhorst who report if the suns were to lose in the playoffs they’d spend the off-season looking for a 3rd star. (Must not consider ayton their 3rd star)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monty williams pooped the bed

he had the best team in the league - then suddenly changed his rotation

benched cam payne/mcgee

inserted biyambo, benched ayton,
    no adjustments to chrissy getting bullied, etc

too bad

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched all three games in Dallas and one thing I can say is that Chris Paul looked invisible and tbh he looked like he was carrying an injury. Even the way he was walking on the court and to and from the bench and his facial expressions made it seem like was carrying an injury. Could also explain his poor play since game 3. Or he could have just had his typical CP3 gas out/injury come the second round of e playoffs, but he just looked off. Maybe carrying the Suns in the 1st round while Booker was out exhausted him which is honestly embarrassing but not surprising given his history.

And the other thing I noticed watching the Mavs up close, their defense and shooting is ing elite. The way DFS and Bullock fly around the court and guard the perimeter is crazy. And Kleber is a beast at protecting the rim.

I thought the Mavs had a good shot at winning game 7 if the role players stepped up, and they did, but god damn the Suns the bed.

Looking forward to the Warriors games. May fly to San Fran tbh for games 1 and 2. I’ve been unashamedly rooting for the Mavs only because I wanted to watch as many games as possible while I’m here, and I’m a bit of a Luka stan tbh. Oh, and I in hate the Warriors so it’ll be easy to keep rooting for the Mavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean we already offered the max to one quitter. Might as well do a second one. I think you go after Lavine first though since guards that can shoot and drive like him don’t grow on trees and hypothetically be fits well with DJ. Maxing Ayton doesn’t make us a playoff team at all. But it will lead to Sarver inevitably blowing up the franchise to save money after a round 1 exit next year.

Booker fans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched all three games in Dallas and one thing I can say is that Chris Paul looked invisible and tbh he looked like he was carrying an injury. Even the way he was walking on the court and to and from the bench and his facial expressions made it seem like was carrying an injury. Could also explain his poor play since game 3. Or he could have just had his typical CP3 gas out/injury come the second round of e playoffs, but he just looked off. Maybe carrying the Suns in the 1st round while Booker was out exhausted him which is honestly embarrassing but not surprising given his history.

And the other thing I noticed watching the Mavs up close, their defense and shooting is ing elite. The way DFS and Bullock fly around the court and guard the perimeter is crazy. And Kleber is a beast at protecting the rim.

I thought the Mavs had a good shot at winning game 7 if the role players stepped up, and they did, but god damn the Suns the bed.

Looking forward to the Warriors games. May fly to San Fran tbh for games 1 and 2. I’ve been unashamedly rooting for the Mavs only because I wanted to watch as many games as possible while I’m here, and I’m a bit of a Luka stan tbh. Oh, and I in hate the Warriors so it’ll be easy to keep rooting for the Mavs.
    My friend is a Knicks fan but he's trying to make the best of being stuck in Dallas right now. Ultimately, he wants to move but his job is keeping him there for a few years. He loves attending the Mav games just like you to see Luka play. He's pretty much told me the same thing about the Mavs that you have mentioned. I definitely would be doing the same if I was in your situation. It's very rare you get to watch a generation talent in your backyard. I hope the Mavs can beat the Warriors but I don't think they will but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor sun fans they just can't get a break

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My friend is a Knicks fan but he's trying to make the best of being stuck in Dallas right now. Ultimately, he wants to move but his job is keeping him there for a few years. He loves attending the Mav games just like you to see Luka play. He's pretty much told me the same thing about the Mavs that you have mentioned. I definitely would be doing the same if I was in your situation. It's very rare you get to watch a generation talent in your backyard. I hope the Mavs can beat the Warriors but I don't think they will but hopefully I'm proven wrong.
    Yep spot on watching Luka up close was like watching Kawhi up close when I visited San An in 2017. Watched the first two round against Memphis and Houston. He was just on another level to anyone else on the court, uou could see it within minutes of watching the game. Definitely an experience watching generational talents like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And anyone who hates the Warriors should be happy the Mavs won. Do you really trust CP3 to beat the Warriors the way he’s played this series. I don’t, he’s either gassed or injured. This Suns team looks gassed as a whole, they’ve been blown out by Dallas in all three road games and now in game 7. Warriors ain’t all that but I think they would have beaten this version of the Suns but who knows, it may just be luka that demoralised the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am happy the Mavs won and enjoying the celebration here, specially the comments from thsoe who watched a few games live. I think age and all that flopping eventually crushed CP3, like I thought it would eventually in the next round.

As for Ayton, I think he and CP3 quarreled bc CP3 being injured probably got on him to do more… and things soured from there. CP3 eventually sours the locker room and starts bickering with teammates. This is not the moment to quarrel about his max. If they won he’d get paid by the suns or someone else. Something wen on, which leads one to believe that locker room is going the way of the Jazz. Amazing tbh. I am starting to think the Mavs are underrated. They took down and destroyed the Jazz locker room and the Suns. Go Mavs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised the Mavericks won, but in terms of deer in headlights, that was a combination of shades of the Kings in game 7 of the '02 WCF from the Suns as well as the Rockets in game 6 of the '17 WCSF. Off the top, I'd throw in the Clippers collapses in the '15 WCSF and the '20 WCSF as the most inexplicable performances I've ever seen.

A rare time where Paul deserves blame (even if he did have an unknown quad injury), among others.

Celtics over Heat in 6

Mavericks over Warriors in 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And anyone who hates the Warriors should be happy the Mavs won. Do you really trust CP3 to beat the Warriors the way he’s played this series. I don’t, he’s either gassed or injured. This Suns team looks gassed as a whole, they’ve been blown out by Dallas in all three road games and now in game 7. Warriors ain’t all that but I think they would have beaten this version of the Suns but who knows, it may just be luka that demoralised the Suns.
    You know I was the one championing this POV. I never believed in the Suns to take out the Warriors. I am hoping if anyone can it’s the Mavs and said so b4 this beat down… I couldn’t have predicted this beat down, I am as surprised as everyone by that… but hey. Not complaining.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball has always been a game of match ups. Certain teams match up better with others. I remember OKC being a thorn for the Spurs during the early 2010's but OKC not having the ability to match up with Miami while the Spurs easily matched up with Miami.

This could have been a bad match up for the Suns but to me it's mental. Suns had the talent on paper but mentally they weren't strong, and it showed. Just the way they lost shows me they would have probably folded against the Warriors when the games would get tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised the Mavericks won, but in terms of deer in headlights, that was a combination of shades of the Kings in game 7 of the '02 WCF from the Suns as well as the Rockets in game 6 of the '17 WCSF. Off the top, I'd throw in the Clippers collapses in the '15 WCSF and the '20 WCSF as the most inexplicable performances I've ever seen.

A rare time where Paul deserves blame (even if he did have an unknown quad injury), among others.

Celtics over Heat in 6

I am down with that prediction. I also like the Celtics over the heat and I think the warriors are vulnerable and the Grizzlies wore them down. Two roleplayers got injured which just places a burden on others, and their age will show with inconsistent and TO laden games, I also like the Mavs to win over the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...n-game-7-loss/

Star guard Devin Booker, meanwhile, did not exactly make a strong plea for Ayton to be back next season.

"His contract situation is between him and the front office," Booker said. "I care about him as a brother. Just making sure his mental is right...whatever happens, happens. Kind of hard to look so far in the future."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Celtics over Heat in 6

Yeah those are my predictions as of right now like I said earlier in the thread, but pending some more analysis tomorrow. Celtics Mavs finals looks a real possibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Monty is coaching such an easily hateable bunch playing for awful franchise.

CP0 doing his thing.

I'll never stop thinking about if that Kings pick offer for nephew was actually a thing and if we could've had Luka.
    Was this ever offered? I was talking about this weeks ago where it was a trade I was interested in at that time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was this ever offered? I was talking about this weeks ago where it was a trade I was interested in at that time.
    Kings weren't willing to trade their pick for Kawhi unless Kawhi gave them a commitment that he would sign an extension with them. The real trade that the Spurs fans should kick themselves about is when the Celtics originally offered Tatum for Kawhi back in December of 2017 and they passed up on it because they still thought they could resolve the issue with Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think Tatum was ever offered? If he was, man, that is a tough one to get over. However, if it was me, and I thought Kawhi was going to stay, I wouldn't have taken Tatum at that time either, so I guess I can't get on the Spurs for that one. The Kings one, yes, because it was certain he wanted out by then, but I guess I can't blame the Spurs for a Celtics trade as I assume the Spurs thought they could get him to stay (just like I and most everyone else thought at the time). In hindsight, if that was offered, yeah, we screwed up not taking it .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs went 3-1 against the warriors this season. They matchup well with them. Should be a good series though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Suns #1 overall was in play for Kawhi? Didn’t the Suns put that on the table but the Spurs wanted Josh Jackson aswell who was just a year removed from being the #4 pick?

I do remember the Celtics supposedly offering Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier but didn’t think Tatum was on the table. Then I heard rumours Spurs wanted BOTH Jaylen Brown and Tatum. Remember at that time the Celtics had Kyrie so they would have been teaming Kawhi and Kyrie up.

timvp probably knows tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings weren't willing to trade their pick for Kawhi unless Kawhi gave them a commitment that he would sign an extension with them. The real trade that the Spurs fans should kick themselves about is when the Celtics originally offered Tatum for Kawhi back in December of 2017 and they passed up on it because they still thought they could resolve the issue with Kawhi.
    Never happened tbh. The reported Celtics offer was picks-based, Spurs wanted Brown, Celtics refused. Tatum was never even in the discussion, ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. The deal was Smart plus.
    Sixers offered Fultz and saric
    Clippers offered Harris and 12

Thread Information