Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if all Houston wants for their 3rd pick is Murray and our 1st then you do it. The Spurs never will but they should

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone on Twitter posted this pic and said that the NBA ran a rehearsal lottery shuffle before the real one last night and this was the result lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Spurs don't around and pick someone who might be in the draft had they stayed in college three more years. So far from what I've seen....Pick that Jeremy Sochan kid. Looks like a fine replacement for KJ. Especially now that KJ is still believed to be something special, we can get something good to great in a package involving Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if all Houston wants for their 3rd pick is Murray and our 1st then you do it. The Spurs never will but they should
    Maybe KJ and "others"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe KJ and "others"?
    The whole team is tradeable. We aren’t good enough to have an untouchable player on our roster. But it isn’t our way and I don’t expect it. Murray is our pride and joy and represents our culture as a team. I like Murray the most out of every player on the team. But if we aren’t gonna tank then I’d rather go this route, get a player like Banchero and then it forces us to tank next year as well. It restarts the team in a sense but it also resets the ceiling we can reach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mathurin is my #1 target outside the top 4. Dude is gonna be something special. I doubt he drops that far. Spurs are taking Mathurin/Griffin/Davis with that 9th pick in this order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all honesty I'm going back and forth, and I'm not entirely convinced one of Mathurin, Daniels, Davis, Jalen Williams, Sochan, Eason, Duren, Mark Willams, Branham, Dieng, is clearly above the rest. If that's the case for the FO, the optimal strategy might be to just trade back and ideally add a second player from that group (ideally at least one of them a forward), or pick up another assets in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all honesty I'm going back and forth, and I'm not entirely convinced one of Mathurin, Daniels, Davis, Jalen Williams, Sochan, Eason, Duren, Mark Willams, Branham, Dieng, is clearly above the rest. If that's the case for the FO, the optimal strategy might be to just trade back and ideally add a second player from that group (ideally at least one of them a forward), or pick up another assets in the process.
    I'm Sochan, Mathurin, Dieng, Davis right now in that order. Not that it matters and the boards will probably change a lot. There will be a lot of things we don't know as well. I know I wouldn't want to trade back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would #9 and two unprotected future FRP's be enough to get #3 from Houston? Think they'd do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would #9 and two unprotected future FRP's be enough to get #3 from Houston? Think they'd do it?
    Yes, and the Spurs should absolutely not do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and the Spurs should absolutely not do that.
    I think I'd do it (unless you're saying #9 and 1 unprotected FRP would do it) if Banchero is there. We aren't going to get an opportunity to land a PF of that quality who fits so perfectly on a rookie deal. I'd rather take the bird in the hand (Banchero) than picks #11 and #13 in the future, especially considering we are rich with draft capital. Use #20 or #25 (or both) to trade it for future FRPs to make up for the ones we are shipping out.

I'm also still holding out hope that drafting Banchero is the key to signing Lavine and the dream offseason can become a reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'd do it (unless you're saying #9 and 1 unprotected FRP would do it) if Banchero is there. We aren't going to get an opportunity to land a PF of that quality who fits so perfectly on a rookie deal. I'd rather take the bird in the hand (Banchero) than picks #11 and #13 in the future, especially considering we are rich with draft capital. Use #20 or #25 (or both) to trade it for future FRPs to make up for the ones we are shipping out.

I'm also still holding out hope that drafting Banchero is the key to signing Lavine and the dream offseason can become a reality.
    Banchero ain't that good, y'all. You don't trade unprotected picks for this guy. No sir.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in I'm trading next year's pick unprotected... one lightly protected (say top 4) pick + no. 20 then yes... but if we make the trade only to pick Chet, and then watch the Rockets land Wembanyama with it, I might feel suicidal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm Sochan, Mathurin, Dieng, Davis right now in that order. Not that it matters and the boards will probably change a lot. There will be a lot of things we don't know as well. I know I wouldn't want to trade back.
    I have no problem with your list. I like it actually. But that's not to say they're leaps and bounds above the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in I'm trading next year's pick unprotected... one lightly protected (say top 4) pick + no. 20 then yes... but if we make the trade only to pick Chet, and then watch the Rockets land Wembanyama with it, I might feel suicidal.
    I'd only do it for Banchero, but I understand the point on Wembanyama. Fair enough. I just forsee us picking around #10 forever, and taking a swing for a guy like Banchero is the only way to catapult us out of that trajectory. But I also respect Mr. Body who doesn't seem to think Banchero is that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone on Twitter posted this pic and said that the NBA ran a rehearsal lottery shuffle before the real one last night and this was the result lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd only do it for Banchero, but I understand the point on Wembanyama. Fair enough. I just forsee us picking around #10 forever, and taking a swing for a guy like Banchero is the only way to catapult us out of that trajectory. But I also respect Mr. Body who doesn't seem to think Banchero is that good.
    I'm with you on Banchero, and I agree that perpetually drafting where we are could take a long time to hit jackpot... I'd do it, just not at ANY price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you on Banchero, and I agree that perpetually drafting where we are could take a long time to hit jackpot... I'd do it, just not at ANY price.
    Where is the sweet spot in your opinion that could actually Houston go for it? I'd presume they'll have other offers on the table, and maybe they'd be hesitant to trade with a rival??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero ain't that good, y'all. You don't trade unprotected picks for this guy. No sir.
    Have you seen him play? He fits this team like a glove.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was kind of thinking that too for a minute, then thought maybe they trade or let Poetl walk and all of a sudden the Spurs are right at the bottom of the league with two unprotected picks gone should Banchero bust. I'd have to be convinced Banchero is another Anthony Davis level talent minus the injuries to take on that kind of risk. But Davis was a pretty sure thing pick at the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im starting to buy the Deing hype, at least if we’re choosing between him, Griffin, Davis, Mathurian and that tranche. Impressive tools and size, even though he’ll need a few years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is the sweet spot in your opinion that could actually Houston go for it? I'd presume they'll have other offers on the table, and maybe they'd be hesitant to trade with a rival??
    It depends. They may be posturing, and it could just be that they're targeting Ivey or Sharpe, in which case they'd just trade back to 4 or 5 and we'd have to grossly overpay to get them to go lower.... and I'm not a fan of gutting your team and your future for any player, no matter how good. It's the whole "too many eggs in one basket" thing
    But if you can get him for 9 + 20/25 + something else (like a future PROTECTED first or Keldon Johnson), then I WOULD do it. My reasoning is this: I see Banchero as a first option, multiple times all star... and it takes several tries to land someone like that, at those spots. So to land him for 3 shots at it in the draft (provided they're not top 5 or so) does not seem bad at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching tape of AJ Griffin, he seems to me exactly the kind of player that amateur draft pundits like us typically underrate.

He lacks elite size. He lacks elite athleticism. His physical measurements don’t jump off the page. In short, he doesn’t have a lot of flashy “upside.”

But man, the kid can seriously play basketball. He could be the best wing scorer on the team from day one and would be a candidate for making the All-Rookie team.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends. They may be posturing, and it could just be that they're targeting Ivey or Sharpe, in which case they'd just trade back to 4 or 5 and we'd have to grossly overpay to get them to go lower.... and I'm not a fan of gutting your team and your future for any player, no matter how good. It's the whole "too many eggs in one basket" thing
    But if you can get him for 9 + 20/25 + something else (like a future PROTECTED first or Keldon Johnson), then I WOULD do it. My reasoning is this: I see Banchero as a first option, multiple times all star... and it takes several tries to land someone like that, at those spots. So to land him for 3 shots at it in the draft (provided they're not top 5 or so) does not seem bad at all.
    I'd love to take a shot like that, but Keldon Johnson types aren't that hard to find so doesn't really sweeten the pot for me if I'm Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to take a shot like that, but Keldon Johnson types aren't that hard to find so doesn't really sweeten the pot for me if I'm Houston.
    It depends on whether they REALLY like Banchero/Ivey/Sharpe (in which case they may be fishing for assets to trade back a spot or two), or they don't and think someone they could have at no. 9 is REASONABLY close. In the first case, you're not getting him no matter what. In the latter, all those extra assets are not bad compensation at all, and maybe throw in something else if you like. But the key here is not trying to get him AT ALL COSTS. Present a GOOD offer, just not mortgage your future. If they bite, awesome. If not... oh well... we'll just have to go with the longer path.

Thread Information