Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What are some of the more common marketing buzzwords on job applications that are scoff-worthy? I'm talking letting out a peak-2006 era mookie2001 CFB forum scooooffffffffffff

FYI this thread is just for humour, this is not a Jacob1983 viability-of-suicide type thread. I've been happy in my career for several years, but did get suckered into a sweatshop environment once when I was younger by falling for these catchphrases

1) "We're a family environment" - really means we expect you to show undying loyalty to the company and work 12 hour days just because Shaniqua, the front desk lady, brought in chocolate cake that one time. Also will probably guilt you over taking PTO or working from home on occasion
    2) "Fast paced, exciting environment" - really means that the company is run by inept, emotional tamons (usually women) who can't plan for sh!t and want you to cover for their poor logistics by adjusting your schedule last minute
    3) "Work hard, play hard" - we do a generic happy hour once in awhile to pretend like it balances out our sweatshop environment. Ironically, places I've worked that have this mantra usually end up with some of the least fun and lamest co-workers I've been around
    4) "Expecting to hit the ground running with little to no training" - Obviously this applies to more entry level roles, but really means that we are inept, understaffed, and/or too lazy to invest time in training
    5) "We're looking for a <insert name of field> rockstar!" - Anybody with an IQ over 90 should run at the first sight of seeing this on a job app. If not, you deserve every bit of abuse that comes your way
    Most of these sound like 100% commission sales jobs where the employer has a mantra of "you find the gold, we'll share 5% of it with you".

When you have to use a sales pitch to get a resume, you're selling something they probably don't want and you have a high turnover rate, and may even be walking a fine line legally. You know when they have a PO box, just keep looking.

Here's another one - Self starter with entrepreneurial spirit! - No training, someone quit and we have made commitments you cannot possibly keep with resources we provide, so give your own time and money to make this work.

Probably marketing assholes use this lingo also because they are IRL pricks with zero real friends who only see the allure in saying certain for effect.
    Last edited by DMC; 06-05-2022 at 10:19 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I am very extroverted but I have a deep loathing for immigrants from India / South Asia, their smell, their xenophobia, and their awful social skills.
    I read that first as "I have a deep throating" but then saw it was more egregious

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    When you are a ty human being...
    At least you own it.
    Dale owns that he's a " ty human being" in the eyes of the libs too, tbh.

In neither case it is the same thing as derp who would just go on and on like someone with Asperger's and ignore what people had to tell him and accept any constructive criticism.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    what was your specialty again? thought it was somewhat similar to mine imho (cloud devops)
    Data Analytics and Business Analytics. Statistics, SPSS, SAS Enterprise Miner, PowerBI, Tableau, MS Excel, PPT. Business requirement do ents, having an SME-level of client-specific KPIs, KSFs, business requirements, etc. Occasionally some SQL Server and Teradata SQL Assistant querying and report gathering for analytical purposes. I'm also expected to have a good understanding of data modeling concepts, like star schema (OLAP) vs. snowflake schema (traditional 3NF RDBMS OLTP). Other things that come with the job involve giving presentations and having an understanding of Agile scrum software development lifecycle, including using tools like Jira and/or Azure DevOps for project management.

I haven't written a line of actual code in about 6 years. I'm not a programmer.

As far as cloud goes, yes, I've worked with MS Azure for a few years sporadically. Mainly the SQL Data Migration Assistant point and click stuff which migrates SQL Server's to Azure SQL Studio databases.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    I am very extroverted but I have a deep loathing for immigrants from India / South Asia, their smell, their xenophobia, and their awful social skills.
    As much as I'd love to disagree, you're right. Many are rude as , and have short tempers that explode the moment you misspell their 40 letter long name.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    As much as I'd love to disagree, you're right. Many are rude as , and have short tempers that explode the moment you misspell their 40 letter long name.
    100 percent. I go in with an open mind eager and interested to get to know them and more about their culture and end up disgusted by them because they treat me like because I'm not Indian, not part of their caste, don't speak their home language, even that I eat meat, etc. I'm never "one of them". College was the only place in life where I had larger social circles of "like" people.

Very short tempers indeed... explode and scream at you for not doing everything perfectly. Like the worst non-Indian, probably low-paying job type manager you ever had at your first job .....times ten.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Pajeets are ing terrible

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Pajeets are ing terrible
    They are. And the Dems (and some non-America First globalist Republicans) brought them in and want more and more of them in, H1B's, et al. Trump is the one who tried to end the H1B system before Manchuria Mitch and his manchurian bride shot him down.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Luckily in my immediate work environment, the pajeets I've dealt with have usually been good but most of them I see posting stuff on places like LinkedIn are practically full blown autistic. Don't even get me started on those annoying recruiting Indian s from places like Dice.com. Within two weeks of posting my resume on there, my voicemail was 100% full with minimum wage, contract to hire help desk jobs looking for 20 years experience. Dice was good about a decade ago, but the buzzards have been circling overhead awhile now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    They are. And the Dems (and some non-America First globalist Republicans) brought them in and want more and more of them in, H1B's, et al. Trump is the one who tried to end the H1B system before Manchuria Mitch and his manchurian bride shot him down.
    Luckily in my immediate work environment, the pajeets I've dealt with have usually been good but most of them I see posting stuff on places like LinkedIn are practically full blown autistic. Don't even get me started on those annoying recruiting Indian s from places like Dice.com. Within two weeks of posting my resume on there, my voicemail was 100% full with minimum wage, contract to hire help desk jobs looking for 20 years experience. Dice was good about a decade ago, but the buzzards have been circling overhead awhile now
    Average Pajeet

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    It's actually unreal that in my dealings with Pajeet women they're totally polite, normal, hard working, etc., while Pajeet men are boorish, autistic animals who lack the tiniest scintilla of self-awareness or basic manners. I can't think of another race where there's such a disparity between how the men act vs. how the women act.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    LinkedIn

how useful are those Skill tests?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's actually unreal that in my dealings with Pajeet women they're totally polite, normal, hard working, etc., while Pajeet men are boorish, autistic animals who lack the tiniest scintilla of self-awareness or basic manners. I can't think of another race where there's such a disparity between how the men act vs. how the women act.
    also seems to be a fine line between gainfully employed Pajeets at reputable tech companies vs the ones I see on LinkedIn who are either unemployed or work at Chatterjee's mom and pop shop in Mumbai. I've had to work with various microsoft vmware products in my career, and whenever i've had to deal with their support the Pajeets are usually helpful and polite. however, these recruiters i encounter on LinkedIn or the unemployed ones you see spamming everyone's feed looking for jobs or the obnoxious, boorish, ting in the street types. i remember in college i met some Indian guy in one of my classes who I gave out my number too (big mistake), and all he did was blow up my phone looking for answers on upcoming tests for various classes and got obnoxious when I said I didn't know never offered to provide any assistance on his end for anything

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "My name is Pajeet, I work for Microsoft Windows. You have a virus in your computer"

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Dice, monster and (to a lesser extent) Indeed are still good.

The trick is, to NEVER put your phone number. Only put your email. Your email will get bombarded but at least you can read them and for the ones that aren't attractive (i.e. >95% of them) you just delete them faster than Hillary Clinton as opposed to going through the agonizing process of listening to voicemails and deleting them or getting your phone blown up with spammy in any case.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    also seems to be a fine line between gainfully employed Pajeets at reputable tech companies vs the ones I see on LinkedIn who are either unemployed or work at Chatterjee's mom and pop shop in Mumbai. I've had to work with various microsoft vmware products in my career, and whenever i've had to deal with their support the Pajeets are usually helpful and polite. however, these recruiters i encounter on LinkedIn or the unemployed ones you see spamming everyone's feed looking for jobs or the obnoxious, boorish, ting in the street types. i remember in college i met some Indian guy in one of my classes who I gave out my number too (big mistake), and all he did was blow up my phone looking for answers on upcoming tests for various classes and got obnoxious when I said I didn't know never offered to provide any assistance on his end for anything
    I never use linkedin. I don't have my face on the internet. Hard and strict policy. Non negotiable. I've still managed to make over a mil in six years and that's with some gaps in employment so I think I'm doing it right.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Oh

I've had a couple female pajeethas as managers/project leaders who were ing manipulative and awful also, as a rule they smell terribly bad, because of their diet and reluctance to use anti-perspirant and deodorant, so even the hottest supermodel looking pajeetha is undateable to the white man.

I'm currently posting from Colorado this week and it looks like they've ing taken over Aurora as well and downtown Denver is full of gots and black dude-white chick couples. Yuck. Democrat policy at work. But the Mitch McConnell-ite and GWB type Republicans don't get a pass, either.

Thread Information