Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not on this board as much as in years past but I'm still a Spurs fan for life. This is a stunning turn of events even if it doesn't end up happening. One thing I can't find much info on is whether Pop is coming back or not. I even read something about Manu being a possible replacement. If Murray gets traded, does that indicate Pop is definitely retiring?
    No, and I don't think Pop is retiring which is why you haven't heard anything about him coming back or not because it's assumed he will be. I don't think Pop is the kind of guy to make a spectacle. if he were retiring he would have already announced it, IMO.

But, as always with the Spurs, who really knows for sure. i wouldnt look into anything they do as being indicative of anything else. So if Murray does end up getting traded i'd venture to guess that has not bearing on Pop returning or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate this trade, TBH.

Understood man I love DJ I'm not understanding the premise of why we seem to need a 10 year rebuild but if it has to happen then I hope we get best return possible. This supposed to be exciting day it's actually becoming stressful worrisome bothersome etc. But got to trust pop and his peeps all I got rt now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as I thought. I'd do it if it's for the 3 way I suggested last night and posted above, but not for a random haul of picks.

It makes a lot of sense to pursue this to the fullest. Murray's and the Spurs timelines are divergent, he's more complementary/fringe star than franchise player and his value is probably never going to be higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tells me that even if the trade doesn’t go through with ATL, we’re gonna have to trade Dejounte now in the very near future. He’s not going to be happy with being stuck on a ty team that is trying to actively get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is the direction the Spurs are really going to go in, a full-on rebuild, then we need to trade Poeltl too and just ing tank hard next season and hope for the best in the Wembanyana sweepstakes.

None of this “we are too proud to tank” bull . Either full on tank and embrace it or make moves to compete now, none of this in between treadmill .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, and I don't think Pop is retiring which is why you haven't heard anything about him coming back or not because it's assumed he will be. I don't think Pop is the kind of guy to make a spectacle. if he were retiring he would have already announced it, IMO.

But, as always with the Spurs, who really knows for sure. i wouldnt look into anything they do as being indicative of anything else. So if Murray does end up getting traded i'd venture to guess that has not bearing on Pop returning or not

I've always been a big Murray fan and enjoyed to see his resurgence this past season but I trust PATFO know what they're doing here. Kawhi set this franchise back over 20 years with his behavior so I know they're trying to right the ship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-m...atlanta-hawks/

I thought it was BS at first ... but the rumors are legit
    thanks for the reporting. Any insight if the Spurs would be interested in pairing Collins with DJ? That was actually the thought behind pursuing Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also wtf is Josh Primo doing in the spurs facility to make people think he can be a franchise player
    I been saying this for a while, they think he is James Harden 2.0

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol you nailed it.
    Come on teams! Get cracking. You want to make a Summer Splash, improve your team! This is it!

--------------------

Seriously... those in denial still should look at the fact that the Spurs are not rumored to be buyers for any significant additions but trading up in the draft, to realize how clear it is that the Spurs are rebuilding still.

Murray is, realistically, "not about that life" at this point of his career.

Whether Primo is a potential cornerstone or not we don't know, but all we can do is root for him whatever happens.
    It's still just about impossible for any team other than houston and okc to give the spurs what they want if they don't come down off those pick swaps.

Dejounte probably going to be salty all this upcoming season to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still just about impossible for any team other than houston and okc to give the spurs what they want if they don't come down off those pick swaps.

Dejounte probably going to be salty all this upcoming season to
    In part that is a reason they need this to happen. I mentioned in a different thread how the initial Ben Simmons trade didn't go through for some minor thing, but Ben found out, and things just soured from there. I still I am kind of in disbelief any trade will go down this draft involving Dejounte because this leaked... but it's not ideal bc the Spurs hand is tipped. Once Murray starts asking for trades and things it's just a different experience, and possibly even more complicated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the third team giving up? Murray straightup for pick 4 to get Ivey is a good deal.

This idea the spurs can get multiple unprotected or lightly protected picks is telling me the Spurs don't really want a trade.

I think the Spurs asking price was probably too high to get anything done.
    God damn you guys suck at asset valuation. Murray for #4 straight up - so Ivey - is an awful deal for the Spurs. ing atrocious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tells me that even if the trade doesn’t go through with ATL, we’re gonna have to trade Dejounte now in the very near future. He’s not going to be happy with being stuck on a ty team that is trying to actively get rid of him.
    WE aren't trying to get rid of him. ATL called, and we listened. We asked for the FRP bag, and they declined.

I think every player on this non-playoff team knows that none of them are untouchable. They're NOT being shopped, but if the right, ridiculous offer comes, they'll be traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they could get Ivey and Okongwu and the former hits, it's like skipping two years of bottoming out.

I'd much rather that than continuing on with this in between nonsense, where they're rumored to be in on young veteran sub stars and fail to land any while continuing to draft projects in the late lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs weren't trading Murray unless they got a kings ransom. Nobody is paying that. Murray stays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this means the Spurs want to tank, but I think its hard not listen to a deal that involves getting 4 draft picks in return for Dejounte. I have a big time emotional attachment to DJM, and I think he's very good, but if the Spurs can get that kind of a package for them they HAVE to consider it. Especially now, when Dejounte's value is the highest its ever been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean sure looks like they got pretty close to someone paying that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean sure looks like they got pretty close to someone paying that.

not close enough apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s true that they got that close my guess is it gets done. ATL should want to go all in for Murray; he’s great and young and they want to win.

They really concerned about bottoming out? Nope. They should do what it takes especially since risk is low picks turn into top 5 or something

It’s rare you get a shot a young all stars - the cost should not matter much imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna miss DJM man, he's like the anti-Kawhi and has always been extremely pro-Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Furthermore, I can’t emphasize enough how much the Spurs believe in Joshua Primo’s potential. Multiple individuals employed by the Spurs say the franchise views Primo’s ultimate position to be point guard and that he’s exhibiting extreme work ethic and has made notable strides already this offseason.
    WTF is wrong with these people? Don't they read the Spurs Talk message board?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is wrong with these people? Don't they read the Spurs Talk message board?
    Wait! Who's guarding Ja?!?!?!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? Primo is not a ing PG. He's not even a SG. Hes a SF.

Come on PATFO. You don't double down on mistakes. He showed ZERO capability to break down a defense, noe yhe passing ability to facilitate other'sgames without a piss poir turnover rate.

No, just no.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Wait! Who's guarding Ja?!?!?!?!
    doesnt matter Ja's been torching SA since he came into the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not close enough apparently
    Supposedly came down to the pick protections. That's pretty ing close. That means they had all of the players and matching salaries done. That's usually what kills a deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna miss DJM man, he's like the anti-Kawhi and has always been extremely pro-Spurs
    He isn’t going anywhere and guess who many have been considering paying 2x his true value…. Our friends in ATL who we have a great relationship with.

Thread Information