Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get where you're coming from but I think making that deal to get Ayton plus a veteran puts us somewhere between 8 and 10 on the West. I do agree that Ayton is a better offensive scorer than Jak and I also think he's just more physical but that's really the only separation I see. I just personally don't think it's wise to give up a top pick in next years draft for an 8th seed (at best). Now of there's a path to adding a player that better than Murray so we have a trio there...we'll then I'm all ears...or as Mr Body might say..."you son of a I'm in" lol
    If you solidly and honestly believe this, I think you have answered your own question. The next play is undoubtedly and unavoidably a Murray trade then. I am solidly in tow with a true rebuild. They should have gone that way in 2018, after they traded Kawhi, taking a package based on younger prospects and picks. Don’t want to go down that rehashed subject too much but only bring it up to say that I am ready for a true rebuild and have been for years. Part of my disappointment and dissatisfaction has been the Spurs approach of let’s be compe ive but not really.

I am not opposed to trading Murray as you know, but it’s not like that’s my first inclination either. It will be interesting tose what’s others have to say about it. I know your initial question was for timvp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we don't really knew who they wanted. i mean, as of just yesterday, there were those already convinced that the spurs were going to take dieng at 9. they were clearly interested in both procida and houstan but both were off the board, as you stated. perhaps they had even decided that their 1st round haul was good enough to no longer hold on to the 2nd round pick before the round even started.
    I think they honest considered Dieng there but nit to keep. He was traded to OKC for 3 first round picks! 3! So I do think they are talking and taking calls about him at 9. They eventually decided those 3 picks weren’t worth passing up Sochan. There were other trades they potentially rejected too to take their guys but I won’t say that the photo leaked of Ousman agent calling RC was nothing. They were legit conversations involving him that sparked that rumor, probably from Dieng agent. Spurs eventually backed up from that… like they backed up from other potential trades.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was nice for once to hear that someone in the front office wasn't rolling over in trade talks. However, it makes me wonder why he was so adamant about high pick protections. Are they planning on going 100% this next season and shooting for a winning record and playoffs , but just being careful/prudent? Or are they expecting a rough year and a lottery pick next summer? If it's the second, I'd be more inclined to trade Murray and Poeltl for a longer rebuild. I'm hoping it's the first option though. I love this young core and want to see them grow together and be successful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you solidly and honestly believe this, I think you have answered your own question. The next play is undoubtedly and unavoidably a Murray trade then. I am solidly in tow with a true rebuild. They should have gone that way in 2018, after they traded Kawhi, taking a package based on younger prospects and picks. Don’t want to go down that rehashed subject too much but only bring it up to say that I am ready for a true rebuild and have been for years. Part of my disappointment and dissatisfaction has been the Spurs approach of let’s be compe ive but not really.

I am not opposed to trading Murray as you know, but it’s not like that’s my first inclination either. It will be interesting tose what’s others have to say about it. I know your initial question was for timvp.
    I agree with every word you just uttered... I will add that I do think there could be a chance to add Ayton + that player who's better than Murray through a trade... I'm not sure who that is exactly but the landscape changes quickly and I prefer that to the rebuild... hopefully our FO has a handle on if there's a realistic target there before FA starts...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don‘t get the trade Murray thing tbh. He’s 25. The Spurs goal seems to be to load up on young players and for them to make a strides at the same time. That could still happen in Murray‘s prime. I want them to get him some help. Maybe Ayton, but the Spurs are still fairly thin at PF so I‘d like for them to pursue a starter like an OG or even John Collins although many here think he has fallen off a cliff. Sochan is versatile enough to be paired with another forward too. I want a starter for the front court. And I don’t get the 3rd star argument either. You first try to find the 2nd one and collect assets to then make a deal once that guy that puts you in contention becomes available

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't understand what the Spurs could possibly see in Primo as a full time point guard. A point guard who can't get to the rim is a recipe for more lottery picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't understand what the Spurs could possibly see in Primo as a full time point guard. A point guard who can't get to the rim is a recipe for more lottery picks.
    Same. Unless he has just been held back and we don't see what coaches see in practice, I don't get it either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now Sochan is a better Point Guard then Primo as Baylor used him in that role in several games. Not hating on Primo he is just not a PG that the Spurs doing the stupid thing - let’s put a round peg in a square whole

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, the best IPA out of Houston (area) is Lone Pint's Yellow Rose.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try it sometime.

Thread Information