Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So as it stands, here are Baltimore's current draft picks.

17, 48, 79, 99, 134, 138, 175, 194 and 235. It was a perfect year to deal away a couple picks for a proven tackle.

Post Count
    Damn, Rice could be going to jail..

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Damn, Rice could be going to jail..
    At least he'll be doing it as a married man.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...day-indictment

I wonder if they're doing this to plead the fifth.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Zuttah's new contract has finally been revealed to be a new $18M/5 contract with $6.5 guaranteed. He only counts for $1.7M this season and $3.7M in 2015. Very manageable.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    It seems that the Ravens have made the widely speculated move of signing Owen Daniels. It most likely means the end of son in Baltimore, and it removes the need for a second TE. I think they would still take Ebron if he fell, though.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Daniels is a solid addition if he stays healthy. Not a very good blocker but has some of the softest hand in the league.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Rolando McClain wants to comeback. Says he "is excited to play the game again" aka his checking account is drained

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    has some of the softest hands in the league.
    So pretty much the an hesis of Kwame son.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ^i remember the brutal drops that team had in the weak 1 beatdown. had they made those plays early on, i doubt denver's offense would have exploded the way it did

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    With Ed son going to Carolina, the Ravens now have lost five qualifying FAs and only signing one, their compensatory-pick count is at the maximum of four. My guess is they'll be a fourth, fifth and two sevenths. Not bad considering the team is already without a fifth-rounder. This means they'll have 11 picks in 2015 as of now.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Haloti Ngata rejects long term deal from Ravens. Reportedly lucrative, but also an attempt to lessen the short term cap hit on Baltimore.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-longterm-deal

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Haloti Ngata rejects long term deal from Ravens. Reportedly lucrative, but also an attempt to lessen the short term cap hit on Baltimore.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-longterm-deal
    Thanks.

Nonstory. Ngata refused the extension back in March. He knows he gains nothing from extending this season. In order to give the Ravens the cap room they're looking for, Ngata's new deal would have to include little new money--even less than the one Suggs signed. He's guaranteed to be on the roster this season, so if he has to take a pay cut, it may as well be next year.

The elephant in the room though is that Ngata has hinted at retiring young. He may simply not want to sign a contract he doesn't intend to see through.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Thanks.

Nonstory. Ngata refused the extension back in March. He knows he gains nothing from extending this season. In order to give the Ravens the cap room they're looking for, Ngata's new deal would have to include little new money--even less than the one Suggs signed. He's guaranteed to be on the roster this season, so if he has to take a pay cut, it may as well be next year.

The elephant in the room though is that Ngata has hinted at retiring young. He may simply not want to sign a contract he doesn't intend to see through.
    You're welcome. Losing a player of that caliber early, would suck no matter the cir stance.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So Ronaldo McClain is retiring again, according to ESPN.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Ravens_Celebrate_Inside_War_Room/a17d7eae-42c0-4ffc-a628-d98395a888c9

At least it seems like the Ravens' brass was really excited to pick Mosley. They aren't usually good at hiding their depression if the board doesn't break they way they wanted it to. Gotta trust Ozzie on this one, but I'm holding off my praise of this draft until after pick 99.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Ravens have signed CB Derek Cox.
    Holden_Caulfield, Clipper Nation and any other Jags/Chargers fans: What's the scouting report on this guy? He has started more than 50 games in five years, so he can't be a complete scrub. But he's on his fourth team in less than two years. Does he have a chance to be an Ozzie steal, or is he going to bust like Michael Huff did?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    CN will comment about how he sucks cox

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i know CN has deep hate for him

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Ravens also added Jamell Fleming to their practice squad. What's the word on him, JMarkJohns or anyone else? He was a third-rounder in 2012. Most draft people had him rated highly coming out of school. What happened?

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    What happened is almost all Whisenhunt picks sucked. Fleming may have had upside, but he never developed and seldom showed he would.

I wouldn't get hopes up. Arizona had some great defenses, lots of talent, but lacked depth at CB, yet he couldn't even carve out a consistent role.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    The Ravens have signed CB Derek Cox.
    Holden_Caulfield, Clipper Nation and any other Jags/Chargers fans: What's the scouting report on this guy? He has started more than 50 games in five years, so he can't be a complete scrub. But he's on his fourth team in less than two years. Does he have a chance to be an Ozzie steal, or is he going to bust like Michael Huff did?
    http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013...cox-struggling

An article from sometime during last season.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    What happened is almost all Whisenhunt picks sucked. Fleming may have had upside, but he never developed and seldom showed he would.

I wouldn't get hopes up. Arizona had some great defenses, lots of talent, but lacked depth at CB, yet he couldn't even carve out a consistent role.
    Thanks for the info, guys. Obviously, these guys are the fifth and sixth corners right now (maybe lower in an actual game setting), so I'm hopeful that they won't be out there unless they show marked improvement in practice. They both seem to be press corners, which is interesting, since the team can't seem to decide if that's what they want or not. Ozzie keeps signing big, physical corners, but Pees keep having them play off-man. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence that they could step in a play well. With how fragile Webb and Smith are, that's a cause for concern.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Not sure what to expect this year with AFC North. We shall see

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    He has started more than 50 games in five years, so he can't be a complete scrub.
    You'll be eating those words as soon as he sees the field

Thread Information