My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the media says it was Tim Duncan that has the 22 year playoff streak!
    Years he had David Robinson!
    he even had TP (finals mvp) and Manu

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson doesn't get that much credit only because he was only around for 5 years out of the 22 years for the streak. Duncan was around the longest for the streak which was 19 out of the 22. So of course he will be the one associated with it the most which he should considering the Spurs wouldn't have made it to the playoffs without him during the stretch of '01-'04. That 3 year stretch the Spurs really rode him hard while Parker and Manu were still developing into stars but weren't establish yet.
    Last edited by daslicer; 02-08-2020 at 06:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah just frost me though
    Gs is next with 7 there streak will end this year though !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a talking point. There's no "20 consecutive years" banner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least ducks is entertaining with his post,

Chumper could have learned a thing or two. B

Folks take note

Ducks is a good poster in the trolling department

Chumper no, never was, and never will be....
    Facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drob when healthy would always lead a team full of scrubs in a tough Western Conference to a winning record and playoffs. Elliott was about the only player he has that was close to anything Tim had with Many, and TP as teammates. Not taking anything from Timmy but Drob hardly ever gets recognition for what he was able to do without any help.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least ducks is entertaining with his post,

Chumper could have learned a thing or two from you D

Folks take note

Ducks is a good poster in the trolling department

Chumper not, never was, and never will be....
    ChumpDumper

This true?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So,

Healthy Terry mings=Scrub

To you

Prime Dennis Simon Phoenix Demolition man Rodman=Scrub

too

Nice to know
    I was more referring to most of his prime season's ,but I do agree that the roster during Robinson 's rookie year was pretty special and going places had we been able to hold it together and not have had tough luck with major injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media barely gives Duncan the credit he deserves... I'll take it, even if it's at the expense of Robinson... They typically use ANY excuse to make Tim Duncan's winning be because of everyone else around him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was more referring to most of his prime season's ,but I do agree that the roster during Robinson 's rookie year was pretty special and going places had we been able to hold it together and not have had tough luck with major injuries.

No doubt-sean,rocket rod&willie with drob

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media barely gives Duncan the credit he deserves... I'll take it, even if it's at the expense of Robinson... They typically use ANY excuse to make Tim Duncan's winning be because of everyone else around him
    Agreed. They always going with the typical bs line "Pop's system allowed Duncan to be successful and win games." It's a bunch of horse and especially after this season it's safe to say the system was Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Ducks' point, there were a lot of reasons why the Spurs were so successful for so many years.

But Tim was the primary reason why...anyone who believes anything else is just foolish. Tim would certainly credit David, Tony, Manu, Bruce, Pop and all of the other guys that made it go all those years. It was a perfect symphony of talent, coaching and FO decisions.

Just like one player was the primary catalyst for the playoff streak, one player set the wheels in motion for the current state of the Spurs...again with the help of the FO, coaching and some less than capable players.

That's why they call it a team sport.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Robinson gets a LOT of respect. But not for a streak that happened mostly when he was already gone.

Tim wasn't the only player responsible, but he was sure as the single biggest factor.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take away the year where Robinson had a broken foot (which gave the Spurs an increased opportunity to win the Duncan sweepstakes) and that streak goes back to 1989-1990. Almost 30 years of playoff basketball for the San Antonio Spurs.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take away the year where Robinson had a broken foot (which gave the Spurs an increased opportunity to win the Duncan sweepstakes) and that streak goes back to 1989-1990. Almost 30 years of playoff basketball for the San Antonio Spurs.

It's a shame that people chop up records the way they do. A three-peat is the end of the world in significance, but two Championships in three years is ho-hum. And three Championships in five years isn't a dynasty. At least to the people who write the stories. The year Robinson was hurt, and the Spurs had such a terrible record, broke the streak. Fans may wish it was different, but that's the way it is. If they made exceptions, streaks wouldn't mean anything.

Thread Information