Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is irrelevant, just as "beautiful game" era Pop, Kerr, Stevens, Nurse and whichever great white hope has got next, will be too.

This is a genized league, ran by the best players. They not only determine where they play, but largely who they play with, the "culture", "system", etc. and every other relevant decision that was historically made by primarily middle aged - old white men. If they want things to work a certain way, they will.
    Nash is showing what a mockery NBA coaching is. I have said for years players are the reason why teams win and not coaches in the NBA. My drunk uncle coached the Warriors Super team with Durant-Curry and still would have had the same amount of success as Kerr did. Nurse is a cuck that lucked out with getting Kawhi for a brief minute but if he never had Kawhi we would not be hearing about this clown. NBA is the only sports league I can think of where coaching doesn't matter and it's all about the players.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you actually a designated anything? A life coach should have some credentials no? Your dream should be getting the germ. Atleast that means something, anything, at the time actually wanted to fk you. Muppet.
    Good luck being you. Assholes are a dime a dozen. Fishing to get a rise out of a stranger must be hugely fulfilling in an otherwise lackluster life. No doubt you’re as bad at being a on a forum as you are in real life.

I know you need the last word to tamp down that ego. So by all means get it out of the way so we can move on and put your tantrum behind us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is showing what a mockery NBA coaching is. I have said for years players are the reason why teams win and not coaches in the NBA. My drunk uncle coached the Warriors Super team with Durant-Curry and still would have had the same amount of success as Kerr did. Nurse is a cuck that lucked out with getting Kawhi for a brief minute but if he never had Kawhi we would not be hearing about this clown. NBA is the only sports league I can think of where coaching doesn't matter and it's all about the players.
    It used to matter more from an X's and O's perspective when system basketball was still a thing. They've been rendered obsolete due to genization.

It still matters more by default than the MLB and NHL, but players are the reason why teams win in every league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    heat trying to dump Leonard's problems on the spurs
    What exactly has this Leonard guy done/said that has pissed everyone off? I don't give a about him enough to have looked it up.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly has this Leonard guy done/said that has pissed everyone off? I don't give a about him enough to have looked it up.
    said a bad word in reference to jewish people on a twitch stream

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    said a bad word in reference to jewish people on a twitch stream
    And what happened? He's not allowed to play anymore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what happened? He's not allowed to play anymore?
    https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports/s...138178049?s=20

This cost him $50k and a ban.

Edit* for the record, it's pretty bad slur to say.
    Last edited by tbdog; 03-15-2021 at 04:11 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports/s...138178049?s=20

This cost him $50k and a ban.

Edit* for the record, it's pretty bad slur to say.
    Thanks for the video. I don't even know what the slur means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the video. I don't even know what the slur means.
    is a derogatory slur for a Jewish person

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d only be okay with Meyers Leonard on the roster if he wore number 2. DNP him every game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d only be okay with Meyers Leonard on the roster if he wore number 2. DNP him every game.
    If he's part of the trade it's only to waive him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's part of the trade it's only to waive him..
    Yup, I get that. Only making fun that he has Nephew’s last name.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is a derogatory slur for a Jewish person

Thanks. Sorry for my ignorance. I don't know much about Jews or derogatory slurs against them. I didn't even know the word he was saying. I'll look it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Plus, after recent weeks in which it seemed Boston was more interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes, league personnel now say Boston is primarily focused on landing LaMarcus Aldridge."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...mpression=true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Plus, after recent weeks in which it seemed Boston was more interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes, league personnel now say Boston is primarily focused on landing LaMarcus Aldridge."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...mpression=true
    I don’t trust Ainge, or believe anything Boston leaks, but it would be nice if we could work a 3 way where we send LMA to Boston, they send the needed prospect contract that has to go out to keep them under the apron to SAC, and SAC sends Barnes to us, with either our 2021 first or Lonnie going to SAC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t trust Ainge, or believe anything Boston leaks, but it would be nice if we could work a 3 way where we send LMA to Boston, they send the needed prospect contract that has to go out to keep them under the apron to SAC, and SAC sends Barnes to us, with either our 2021 first or Lonnie going to SAC.
    Barnes would be a nice fit and what you posted is probably what it would take. If we are trading a young asset or a first i’d rather go all in and do both on someone who could move the needle. I’m all for moving any combo of 1 or 2 first rounder plus Lonnie, Sammy and/or Poetl to get something bigger done when the next disgruntled star emerges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the Spurs are so tight-lipped that the news about the LMA-Pop split came out of Pop's mouth himself and Woj/Shams had to tweet about it afterwards.

So we know two things:

1) if it's going to be a buyout, it's going to happen swiftly (no news about it beforehand)
    2) we won't know if other Spur players are included or not, but the reported interested teams and packages could be real (because other teams leak)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the Spurs are so tight-lipped that the news about the LMA-Pop split came out of Pop's mouth himself and Woj/Shams had to tweet about it afterwards.

So we know two things:

1) if it's going to be a buyout, it's going to happen swiftly (no news about it beforehand)
    2) we won't know if other Spur players are included or not, but the reported interested teams and packages could be real (because other teams leak)
    i’ll add a 3rd:

PATFO is probably still examining how likely of a potential playoff team we are. That may dictate an LMA trade that helps immediately versus a buy out and conceding it’s time to write the season off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i’ll add a 3rd:

PATFO is probably still examining how likely of a potential playoff team we are. That may dictate an LMA trade that helps immediately versus a buy out and conceding it’s time to write the season off.
    Add to that: they may still be gauging who else to include in a potential LMA trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theis seems to be out of the rotation for BOS. Would love to have him in a time share with Jakob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Memphis Grizzlies

The Grizzlies are open to moving center Gorgui Dieng and are receiving interest from several teams, sources said. The 6-foot-11 big man is seen as a rim protector on the open market and is shooting a career-best 47.9 percent from 3-point range (2.2 attempts per game) this season. Dieng is on an expiring deal worth $17.2 million."

Spurs get Dieng, John Konchar
    Grizzlies get LMA

Who says no and why?

Edit: I guess LMA wouldn't crack that rotation either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add to that: they may still be gauging who else to include in a potential LMA trade.
    Great point. For me no one is untouchable. Would hate to see DJ, Keldon go for me they are cornerstone pieces if we could add all star level talent. To a lesser extent would think White or Vassell are certainly in the ling term plans. Luka, Jak and Lonnie are my preferred exits of value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point. For me no one is untouchable. Would hate to see DJ, Keldon go for me they are cornerstone pieces if we could add all star level talent. To a lesser extent would think White or Vassell are certainly in the ling term plans. Luka, Jak and Lonnie are my preferred exits of value.
    You don't get many opportunities to trade an expiring contract of that size and be able to add value to it with your other players. It's no surprise this is taking some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
    Just because Jakob Poeltl played his way into Aldridge’s Spurs’ starting job doesn’t mean the seven-time All-Star’s time as an impact player has come to an end. Let’s not forget that he averaged 18.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.6 blocks per game as a starter just last season.

All indications are that his relocation will come via trade, as sources say interested GMs have been told that there are five teams firmly in the mix. Yet as is the case with so many other veterans on this list, the money makes it challenging for contenders to land him without losing roster depth in return. Aldridge is owed $24 million in this final season of his deal."

https://theathletic.com/2450395/2021....co/uQddl0OJDq

"Five teams" "firmly"

In before Mr. Body diminishes the meaning of these words

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that league talking heads are bashing on LMA too much. When you need a basket in a tight game, you can still give him the ball and have him score on the block. His issue isn't his offense. His issue is his defense. And it is an issue, but not nearly so if he is coming off the bench.

Thread Information