on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    For a SB team, not a whole lot of free agents in danger of leaving. My thoughts:

• Unless Revis is commanding an annual salary in excess of $15MM, re-sign him. Sherman's extension was $14MM a year and that was with him just entering his prime as oppose to Revis who's about to be on the wrong side of 30, so hopefully they can keep Revis for $12-13MM a year. He's way too important to be stingy with.
    • Re-sign McCourty and let Chung go. McCourty played like dog in the SB but hopefully having a better safety (Butler) next to him will make him better next year. There's no reason to keep Chung with Butler, Wilson and Harmon already at S.
    • Re-sign Vereen, let Ridley walk. Ridley is a fumble prone got who can be replaced with a RB taken in mid rounds, and Vereen was probably the most underrated factor in the SB.
    • Sign Solder to an extension and re-sign Connolly depending on what other offers he's getting. He fits in well but he's nothing more than an average/below average starter.
    • Ask Mayo to restructure his contract or cut him for cap savings. Collins is significantly better than him already, and he doesn't provide anything they don't get from Hightower. Same thing with Wilfork except they actually need him and can't just cut him.
    • Draft O-line and D-line in the first two rounds. They'd have a lot more leverage over Wilfork if there was actually a replacement ready to takeover, and their interior O-line played like total in the SB.
    • If the price is right keep Branch, Ayers, & Gostkowski. I liked how Branch and Ayers were as situational players this year.

The Colts still don't seem close, there's no way the Broncos are going to be able to keep that roster together, while the Steelers and Ravens will also be fighting the salary cap, just not as bad as New England or Denver. If they can keep McCourty, Revis & Vereen and also upgrade the interior offensive line through the draft, they should be the heavy favorites in the AFC next year.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Hopefully they can shop that got DoK

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Hopefully they can shop that got DoK
    Doesn't even make any sense. You're getting really desperate.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Doesn't even make any sense. You're getting really desperate.
    he goes out of his way to be edgy. i think by now he's called about 15 different people "the worst poster on ST"

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think they already gave my quarter-Asian Chung an extension.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Signing Vereen might be tricky, only because of morons on other teams who will offer him stupid money solely on his SB performance. He's a solid recieving back but he's proven he's got a limited skill set. He's the new Kevin Faulk - valuable to this team but not a guy you want to get into a bidding war over.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Even tho he might be a capspace casualty, I hope they keep Amendola. Seems like he was finally turning it around, and I think he's poised to have a solid year if he stays. Plus with the re-emergence of Dobson, Danny will get a lot more space in the slot.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ^

DUNCANownsKOBE i just found this shirt bought it immediately

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think they already gave my quarter-Asian Chung an extension.
    That ing sucks. He wasn't as bad this year but he's still horrid in coverage and they have depth at safety outside of him.

Signing Vereen might be tricky, only because of morons on other teams who will offer him stupid money solely on his SB performance. He's a solid recieving back but he's proven he's got a limited skill set. He's the new Kevin Faulk - valuable to this team but not a guy you want to get into a bidding war over.
    Eh, I definitely want them keeping him but if they keep Revis + McCourty and lose Vereen I'll be content. He played well in the SB but a lot of it was just taking checkdowns the defense was giving him so it didn't strike me as a performance that would get a huge contract. I'm more concerned with them dumping Ridley than I am them keeping Vereen.

Even tho he might be a capspace casualty, I hope they keep Amendola. Seems like he was finally turning it around, and I think he's poised to have a solid year if he stays. Plus with the re-emergence of Dobson, Danny will get a lot more space in the slot.
    They only save $2.1MM in cap (iirc) by cutting him which isn't worth it in my book. Mayo, Tavon Wilson, Hoomanawanui and probably Wilfork are the top 4 capspace casualty likelihoods imo.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ^

DUNCANownsKOBE i just found this shirt bought it immediately

Have you seen The Interview yet

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Thread Information