Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone here into building AR-15/10s?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not really. But I tried to reverse engineer a pair of Beats Ultimate Studio Plus Maxs. But once I opened them up, my mind went blank.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Not really. But I tried to reverse engineer a pair of Beats Ultimate Studio Plus Maxs. But once I opened them up, my mind went blank.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    how do you "build" a gun tbh?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    how do you "build" a gun tbh?
    You buy the lower, just a hollow s with a serial number that requires a background check and all the same stuff a gun requires to purchase, then you put whatever you want on it (that will mate up). You add an upper, barrel, forearm, stock, different QoL additions and an optic. When you're done (if you're ever done) you put a few rounds down range, clean it a couple times and off it goes into your safe. Then you build another one, maybe different caliber, different length, different attachments, etc... Best part is they mostly retain their value.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You buy the lower, just a hollow s with a serial number that requires a background check and all the same stuff a gun requires to purchase, then you put whatever you want on it (that will mate up). You add an upper, barrel, forearm, stock, different QoL additions and an optic. When you're done (if you're ever done) you put a few rounds down range, clean it a couple times and off it goes into your safe. Then you build another one, maybe different caliber, different length, different attachments, etc... Best part is they mostly retain their value.
    Can you like do a double decker with a shotgun on top and like a 50 cal on bottom?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just bought a .45 and would like to get an AR.. Thinking about building one as well

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For real though...is there a significant savings over just buying one?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    I do not believe in guns. “Violence begets violence”. Since doubling up on my hot yoga and power walking I feel that I myself am a dangerous weapon.
    However Mother is a gun nut and she just put together an AR from PWS, Primary weapons system of Idaho. The best gunsmiths across the USA have left their state and moved to Idaho to avoid frivolous lawsuits. The best factories and designs are now in Idaho. The PWS line incorporates “piston driven operating systems”. No jamming.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just bought a .45 and would like to get an AR.. Thinking about building one as well
    What kinda .45 did you get? 1911s are my favorite guns.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    I do not believe in guns. “Violence begets violence”. Since doubling up on my hot yoga and power walking I feel that I myself am a dangerous weapon.
    However Mother is a gun nut and she just put together an AR from PWS, Primary weapons system of youdaho. The best gunsmiths across the USA have left their state and moved to youdaho to avoid frivolous lawsuits. The best factories and designs are now in youdaho. The PWS line incorporates “piston driven operating systems”. No jamming.
    FIFY, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    However Mother is a gun nut and she just put together an AR from PWS, Primary weapons system of Idaho. The best gunsmiths across the USA have left their state and moved to Idaho to avoid frivolous lawsuits. The best factories and designs are now in Idaho. The PWS line incorporates “piston driven operating systems”. No jamming.
    Bend over, I'll ing show you a piston driven operating system.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What kinda .45 did you get? 1911s are my favorite guns.
    The Governor Revolver from S&W.. Love it.. It chambers 3 rounds

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Governor Revolver from S&W.. Love it.. It chambers 3 rounds
    That is a nice hand cannon. I have a S&W 629 in .44 I got for cheap a few years ago. The bad thing is it came in a 4" barrel so it feels like my hand is gonna come off every time I shoot it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm more into hand guns tbh. I do have some long guns but I never got into ARs for whatever reason.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I miss shooting though. I haven't been to a range since the COVID started. I have a decent amount of ammo in all the calibers I own, but I don't want to shoot it all up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm more into hand guns tbh. I do have some long guns but I never got into ARs for whatever reason.
    Mix it up, the CZ Scorpion is a 9mm sexy . You can do some pretty cool custom with it. Also you could build an AR pistol, basically an SBR without the tax stamp.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I miss shooting though. I haven't been to a range since the COVID started. I have a decent amount of ammo in all the calibers I own, but I don't want to shoot it all up.
    You need to sell it to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can you like do a double decker with a shotgun on top and like a 50 cal on bottom?
    Not on the AR platform but you could. Bend over, I'll show you a shotgun on top with a 50 on the bottom.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mix it up, the CZ Scorpion is a 9mm sexy . You can do some pretty cool custom with it. Also you could build an AR pistol, basically an SBR without the tax stamp.
    Yeah, some type of 9mm carbine is on my short list of stuff to get next.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was at an auction and they had some guns for sale. Had a brand new Uzi with the case. I looked it over and saw the selector switch. “S” and “F”. Semi and full. I paid $800 for it. Turns out that wasn’t the selector switch. F for fire and S for safety.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was at an auction and they had some guns for sale. Had a brand new Uzi with the case. I looked it over and saw the selector switch. “S” and “F”. Semi and full. I paid $800 for it. Turns out that wasn’t the selector switch. F for fire and S for safety.
    You cannot buy a full auto uzi for 800. You won't even get the sear for under about 5K.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Too bad it wasn't pointing up at your head when you accidentally pressed "F".

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've never been able to get into the AR thing either. Mostly like nostalgic guns, lever action rifles & revolvers. Although I recently picked up an FN 509 on an impulse buy. My first semi handgun and I like shooting it way more than I thought I would. Now I want a 1911.

Technically it's my 2nd semi auto handgun. I have a mint condition Jennings Bryco 380 a friend gave me a long time ago but I've always been scared to shoot it lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You cannot buy a full auto uzi for 800. You won't even get the sear for under about 5K.
    No . But you never know at a small town auction. It would have been illegal for them to sell a fully auto at a public auction. My thought at the time was that no one (but the clever, me) realized it was fully auto.

Thread Information