Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he light up Patty in NY a few times too?
    No, that was our other star PG. MVPorker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that was our other star PG. MVPorker
    Oh right. The guy who's coming back to our 4 PG roster "better than ever".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he light up Patty in NY a few times too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am disappointed in Mills being the main signing, but the amount of ing about his contract is unwarranted. So long as Murray is cheap, Patty's deal is more than fine. The Spurs are spending less on that position than a lot of teams -- and that's including Tony's deal. Patty's skill level warrants the contract; now PATFO has to actually make use of their roster.
    My main complaint is that I wanted the team to get better and they didn't do squat, paid more for the same backcourt they had last season that really underperformed and had trouble scoring when it mattered. That same crew just got more expensive. They are minus Tony and I have a lot of hope for Dijon but he hasn't been a model of efficiency and can turn into a TO machine in the blink of an eye. He needs to develop, and be given opportunities but not to carry the weight of having to rescue the Spurs from the mess they created with paying Tony and Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh right. The guy who's coming back to our 4 PG roster "better than ever".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait until he comes back and takes Dejounte's minutes while Patty is building that Trump Wall with all the bricks he'll be chucking up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't want Mills, but using PER to judge a player in his role..
    Hes a rather high usage bench player whose role is scoring. any metric you cite will show he was terrible. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also had one of the highest PERs and had a 50/50/95 series against LAC in '15 IIRC. He has his ups and downs. Typical hot and cold 6th man.
    Yes, and in that series the team lost bc Austin Rivers had a coming out party and ran all over him scoring at will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and in that series the team lost bc Austin Rivers had a coming out party and ran all over him scoring at will.
    Typical Fatty. 9 points per!...Then proceeds to give up 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, you too?

No, the reason we lost is bc Pop decided to go down with Enrique who shot like 30% that series instead of rolling with Paddy who was having arguably his best series. Paddy was the far better option at PG by every single metric despite his struggles defending Doc Jr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 2017 and Manu and Parker still have major roles on this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams that spend more on the PG position are getting more?

Let me clarify, the teams that spend more are GETTING A LOT LOT LOT MORE

And plenty of teams that spend less I bet are still getting more.

Spurs find a middle ground of highly paid underperformance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 2017 and Manu and Parker still have major roles on this team.
    Someone has to run the offense from the bench while Fatty is running around chucking up bricks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, you too? No, the reason we lost is bc Pop decided to go down with Enrique who shot like 30% that series instead of rolling with Paddy who was having arguably his best series. Paddy was the far better option at PG by every single metric despite his struggles defending Doc Jr.
    I really don't want to get on Patty individually, but I did expect the Spurs to make a move to improve bc they had issues with the backcourt going on two seasons at least. They didn't do squat so I am not a happy camper. I will get over it eventually, I suppose. I don't hate neither Tony nor Patty... but I did want someone better even if it's more expensive, bc you do pay for talent, but Pop loves both too much. He wasn't going to trade Tony much to everyone's dismay, and now he's letting us know hes' standing pat with the two of them. Only hope again is Dijon's development, which is a lot to put on a 21 year old that still needs to develop his game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real money? You realize the highest paid players make $40 mill/yr nowadays, right? You idiots need to stop thinking you are the authority on what is or isn't fair value. The current CBA and market dictates that, not you.
    This would make more sense if the Spurs had tons of cash to pay max contracts for the players they need to compete with GSW. But they don't so it doesn't. Nice try, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gloating is generally not my style, but considering all the heat I took, I think I've earned it. Not only was I steadfast that he'd be re-signed, but that it would be in this range. Don't know if he actually took less in total than what Nets were offering or if he got about the same, but did for a lesser average annual value though.

Really, anyone who's followed them long and closely enough should have seen this coming. They're a predictable, narrow minded organization, that's clearly become antiquated and content with just being good . . . they keep doing stupid things like this and they'll deserve to lose Leonard.

At the apologists who acted like I didn't know what would happen and should wait to complain.
    At the notion of '18 flexibility. Said all along it was a myth because they'd likely spend much of it on significant raises to in bent players, so they can lock in a team that already wasn't good enough and has fallen further back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gloating is generally not my style, but considering all the heat I took, I think I've earned it. Not only was I steadfast that he'd be re-signed, but that it would be in this range. Don't know if he actually took less in total than what Nets were offering or if he got about the same, but did for a lesser average annual value though.

Really, anyone who's followed them long and closely enough should have seen this coming. They're a predictable, narrow minded organization, that's clearly become antiquated and content with just being good . . . they keep doing stupid things like this and they'll deserve to lose Leonard.

At the apologists who acted like I didn't know what would happen and should wait to complain.
    At the notion of '18 flexibility. Said all along it was a myth because they'd likely spend much of it on significant raises to in bent players, so they can lock in a team that already wasn't good enough and has fallen further back.
    Meh. Priority one next off season is sign Parker. Then the other chips will fall in place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On this one, you're Shaq, ST is Dudley.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors are offering Iggy 13-15M and the Spurs are paying Mills 12.5M? The Spurs should have put some incentives in there like being able to score more than 7ppg in an important playoff series.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder when we'll find out if year 4 is normal, player option, team option, partial guarantee?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Noted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors are offering Iggy 13-15M and the Spurs are paying Mills 12.5M? The Spurs should have put some incentives in there like being able to score more than 7ppg in an important playoff series.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PER
    Still using a flawed stat that rewards chuckers like Kyrie and Porker in 2017

https://skepticalsports.com/the-case...tional-wisdom/
    I was gonna point this out.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm awake. Anyone ing is gonna get relegated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, you too?

No, the reason we lost is bc Pop decided to go down with Enrique who shot like 30% that series instead of rolling with Paddy who was having arguably his best series. Paddy was the far better option at PG by every single metric despite his struggles defending Doc Jr.
    I agree in that series it seemed Patty seemed the better option. Helped get that crucial game 2 win. Meanwhile TP missing fastbreak layups cost game 7.

Thread Information