Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Look, Spurs losing no matter what and the schedule gets tougher. Hard to say anything he’s done has kept the Spurs from losing

But he has a big trade deadline coming up. He has to nail this (and by nail it, I mean make wise decisions and pick a lane - move some players and try to win now or move LMA/Rudy/DeRozan and focus on the future heavily).

I’m not worried about the Murray deal; no matter what at that price there is little risk.
    Tougher? I see Cavs kings Suns and Rox on the horizon yall could win all easily except Rox but yall could lose them all too... My guess is yall will split especially with a few home games on the ledger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having Murray and White struggle this year, along with Morris reneging on his signing, really hurt this team. I'd give Wright a mulligan for this past offseason. Now Wright needs to trade away Aldridge and DeRozan, among others, and rebuild this team. Would love for OP to bump this thread next year to see what has transpired with this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tougher? I see Cavs kings Suns and Rox on the horizon yall could win all easily except Rox but yall could lose them all too... My guess is yall will split especially with a few home games on the ledger
    Not talking 3 games; SA has the hardest remaining schedule in the league for the remainder of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having Murray and White struggle this year, along with Morris reneging on his signing, really hurt this team. I'd give Wright a mulligan for this past offseason. Now Wright needs to trade away Aldridge and DeRozan, among others, and rebuild this team. Would love for OP to bump this thread next year to see what has transpired with this team.
    I’m sure it will; this is not a referendum on Wright. It’s a discussion about the decision and trying to see if there are some real signs of optimism. It’s an important time for the franchise and he’s tasked as the new GM to usher in a new era.

A little scary, but hopefully SA found the right man for the job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - requesting an article on Brian Wright: how he got hired, was it wise and what to expect moving forward.
    Will do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have to know exactly what LA Clipps, Boston and any other offers were for Leonard before passing judgement. I'm inclined to believe he had next to zero authority for the Toronto disaster. Moving fwd he should have absolutely moved DD and LMA by now. If he had anything to do with Patty n Pau he should be dismissed. Don't think he did. This is The Pop Retirement Show now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, Spurs losing no matter what and the schedule gets tougher. Hard to say anything he’s done has kept the Spurs from losing

But he has a big trade deadline coming up. He has to nail this (and by nail it, I mean make wise decisions and pick a lane - move some players and try to win now or move LMA/Rudy/DeRozan and focus on the future heavily).

I’m not worried about the Murray deal; no matter what at that price there is little risk.
    Any further attempts to win now by Wright would make me more critical of him, tbh... Someone has to see that the train has been derailed. You can't build on LMA-DD for a playoff push, even less if you take into account that any win-now trade would probably be sacrificing either picks or young players, both of which the Spurs desperately need. We so obviously need to blow it up that a failure by the GM to see this could actually set the franchise back years (despite people being overly alarmist here, we're not more significantly set back than we were when Kawhi left... Still have all our draft picks, young players to develop, some vets we *could* get assets back from). Just a perfect moment to be sellers for any contending teams, or middling ones like Orlando, Detroit, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any further attempts to win now by Wright would make me more critical of him, tbh... Someone has to see that the train has been derailed. You can't build on LMA-DD for a playoff push, even less if you take into account that any win-now trade would probably be sacrificing either picks or young players, both of which the Spurs desperately need. We so obviously need to blow it up that a failure by the GM to see this could actually set the franchise back years (despite people being overly alarmist here, we're not more significantly set back than we were when Kawhi left... Still have all our draft picks, young players to develop, some vets we *could* get assets back from). Just a perfect moment to be sellers for any contending teams, or middling ones like Orlando, Detroit, etc.
    What about moving just DeRozan for a player(s) that might fit better with Lma and Murray/White? 3D type player. Would not have to give up picks or youth since you are giving up the better player in DeRozan and might help push for playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about moving just DeRozan for a player(s) that might fit better with Lma and Murray/White? 3D type player. Would not have to give up picks or youth since you are giving up the better player in DeRozan and might help push for playoffs?
    I can't think of a single 3&D player in the league whose team is so low on, that they'd consider trading them for DeRozan's huge contract and exact opposite ability. Like, what team that has a quality 3&D player would desperately need a player who offers no 3 and no D either...? The most realistic ways I see us getting out of DeMar's contract is either attaching assets to it (definitely not ideal), or selling high to a middling team willing to make a playoff push; the market* for which has shrunk, since Orlando has sustained a few injuries and I don't think they'd pick up the phone now. Leaving only Detroit, maybe Miami and others on the mix...

I see LMA being the more easily moveable target, because of his position and defensive upside. I think we could get assets from him, and since the FO has guaranteed both years on his deal, I'd much rather have a first round pick than two years of an over-the-hill LaMarcus, much as I appreciate what he's done for the Spurs. It's just time to flip the page... Any semblance of contention further hinders the development of our youth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't think of a single 3&D player in the league whose team is so low on, that they'd consider trading them for DeRozan's huge contract and exact opposite ability. Like, what team that has a quality 3&D player would desperately need a player who offers no 3 and no D either...? The most realistic ways I see us getting out of DeMar's contract is either attaching assets to it (definitely not ideal), or selling high to a middling team willing to make a playoff push; the market* for which has shrunk, since Orlando has sustained a few injuries and I don't think they'd pick up the phone now. Leaving only Detroit, maybe Miami and others on the mix...

I see LMA being the more easily moveable target, because of his position and defensive upside. I think we could get assets from him, and since the FO has guaranteed both years on his deal, I'd much rather have a first round pick than two years of an over-the-hill LaMarcus, much as I appreciate what he's done for the Spurs. It's just time to flip the page... Any semblance of contention further hinders the development of our youth.
    There is no surefire thing, but maybe Otto Porter Jr. He’s having a bad season, but fits that build on paper. It would be a gamble,but one that would not cost any picks or young assets.

And my preference would be to move both LMA/DeRozan for the future and Rudy/Beli/Mills too. But I would be fine if SA tried a quick, low risk retool as well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm interested to know how involved RC is. Man if he's not drafting anymore this is going to be a long long stretch of the team sucking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no surefire thing, but maybe Otto Porter Jr. He’s having a bad season, but fits that build on paper. It would be a gamble,but one that would not cost any picks or young assets.

And my preference would be to move both LMA/DeRozan for the future and Rudy/Beli/Mills too. But I would be fine if SA tried a quick, low risk retool as well.
    Just trading derozan for porter would make this team a of a lot better especially if pop would play the correct line ups. Imagine a White, Walker. Porter, Lyles? Aldridge line up. Defensive potential would be through the roof

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs: Any Reason for Optimism?

no

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    worst hire in the spurs history..........fook u DPG21920 i was going to start the brian wright bashing thread u stole my clout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn’t a bashing thread....I mean, it can be if you want it to be, but it’s open-ended and starting the conversation since this is becoming very important as the trade deadline and DEC15 approaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright? More like Brian WRONG.

I'll see myself out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt that Brian Wright was the reason we packaged Danny Green in the nephew trade. That was most likely Pop, which is now the reason we have to start Bryn Forbes and this roster has no defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we don’t know how involved Brian has been
    Yes, we do. R. C. Buford was the GM up until last July 23rd. Everything the GM did before that date was done by R. C.

Sorry if I'm confusing this fascinatingly inane/insane discussion by mentioning facts......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm interested to know how involved RC is. Man if he's not drafting anymore this is going to be a long long stretch of the team sucking.
    Agreed. RC's drafting prowess is the best thing this franchise has going for it, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda off topic but I think it fits since he'd be behind it... I wonder if LMA sitting out isn't as much about not injuring him before a potential trade as it is because of the soreness as reported.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda off topic but I think it fits since he'd be behind it... I wonder if LMA sitting out isn't as much about not injuring him before a potential trade as it is because of the soreness as reported.
    It's doubtful that being on the injury report will help the trade value of a player 34 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have taken Siakam instead of DeMar and I’m not bashing DeMar. I don’t hate him but long term Spurs should have been thinking future proofing and getting young talent to develop not making a run at playoffs before Pop retires. It’s championships or bust. Develop your players and see what you have and if by a certain time frame you don’t see the type of improvements you want scrap and do again for that position. LaMarcus and DeMar need to be traded so we can develop a young core and possibly go after a free agent or two who can help and wants to be here. The presently constructed team is not consistent enough to warrant keeping together so by the trade deadline I expect major changes to the roster including rotation of current players especially if no moves are
    made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have taken Siakam ...
    The world of the NBA is not one where you simply take what you want. Siakam was not available.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is gonna GM yall out of a lotto pick.

So Brian Wright is going to get this Spurs team into the playoffs from his GM office?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. RC's drafting prowess is the only thing this franchise has going for it, tbh.
    fify

Thread Information