Page 28 of 115 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao at abusing hindsight by saying Roy would have been #1 without his knee issues. Now I know youre full of . Roy was an older rookie and there was no talk whatsoever BEFORE the draft that he could have been number 1 primarily due to his age. Do your research and stop making up .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take a look at his pros and cons on that Tankathon website review. Pretty impressive list with very few negatives. And certainly nothing the Spurs system couldn't halt and turn into a positive. But dude, his defensive potential is NBA ready now. And imagine how much better he could be given a couple years.

We will need a replacement for DeMar. Coming in with that D and a three point shot would be exactly what the Dr ordered, unless of course Poeltl leaves too and we will have no NBA quality starter at the 5.

I'd be cool with a 3, 4, or 5 in the draft, tbh.

Also, I don't think Danny Green is the right comparison. To me, as I said above, it's Kyle Kuzma. Homey is in his third year and likely the 3rd best player on that team behind Bron and Brow.

This kid might not be quite the scorer Kuzma has shown glimpses of, but I think his defensive potential, especially in the Spurs system, is what separates him.
    I respect your post because I know you take your time to actually study these players unlike this other loser. Im not sure if Kuzma is a good comparison though, as Kuzma was never known for defense. Also he has a lot more length. Look, I get it, Vassell has shown glimpses of good defensive play in college but again, its like a homeless man's Thybulle when comparing him from Thybulle's college play from last year. sure, he can shoot some 3's but its not that impressive.

Drafting Vassell is a great example of just settling for something average.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-19-2020 at 11:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill leave this here:

https://youtu.be/MBycnRz_fpg

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice of you to nitpick and deflect using minor points from my posts. About Johnson, well, I'll let these upcoming years speak for themselves. The only thing I ask from you is to admit you were wrong when the time comes. Very many are prideful and never will admit when theyre wrong.

And no, its not damn near everything under the sun. There are many prospects that don't fit these criteria. Youre just too damn lazy to look, just like you are with these prospects. Your whole argument is basically "i like to write paragraphs just to cry about how much I disagree with your posts and nothing i write has any substance because i dont have time to research or make in depth correlation among patterns or players"
    How so and wrong about what? He doesn't have any "elite skills", but that doesn't mean he can't become a good player.

You're just so determined to be confrontational and hostile that you're not even comprehending basic things. You come off as a petty, petulant, brat, throwing a tantrum every time someone doesn't agree with your delusional, inane comments.

Lmfao at abusing hindsight by saying Roy would have been #1 without his knee issues. Now I know youre full of . Roy was an older rookie and there was no talk whatsoever BEFORE the draft that he could have been number 1 primarily due to his age. Do your research and stop making up .
    Except that's not what I said. I said he'd have been in contention. I remember some saying at the time he might be the best player in the draft.

At posting a clip of Calipari, who's inherently biased (and like any college coach, basically praising himself) and claiming I don't "do my research" but thinking someone who compared a 3 and D wing to Kuzma, does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so and wrong about what? He doesn't have any "elite skills", but that doesn't mean he can't become a good player.

You're just so determined to be confrontational and hostile that you're not even comprehending basic things. You come off as a petty, petulant, brat, throwing a tantrum every time someone doesn't agree with your delusional, inane comments.

Except that's not what I said. I said he'd have been in contention. I remember some saying at the time he might be the best player in the draft.

At posting a clip of Calipari, who's inherently biased (and like any college coach, basically praising himself) and claiming I don't "do my research" but thinking someone who compared a 3 and D wing to Kuzma, does.
    Read what you wrote and look at yourself in the mirror.

And the guy who mentioned Kuzma has real substance if you referred to earlier in this thread. He made really good posts that involved research and intellect, unlike you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying Keldon doesnt have an elite skill is your opinion, my opinion is he does. I believe that he happens to be our best scorer when dribbling and driving towards the basket. Soon, my belief is that the statistics will start to show that... As soon as he gets the minutes, and the reps. Watch his fg% to be in elite category in his prime.

Ive said this since the beginning. His drive game is a mirror image of Harden. Quote me in five years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying Keldon doesnt have an elite skill is your opinion, my opinion is he does. I believe that he happens to be our best scorer when dribbling and driving towards the basket. Soon, my belief is that the statistics will start to show that... As soon as he gets the minutes, and the reps. Watch his fg% to be in elite category in his prime.

Ive said this since the beginning. His drive game is a mirror image of Harden. Quote me in five years.
    You were confrontational and hostile from the jump.

When "dribbling and driving towards the basket", from the guy trying to pass himself off as some sort of draft guru. DeRozan is easily the best Spur at the skill you so eloquently stated.

He couldn't be more different than Harden. He's a straight line driver, with tunnel vision, like Butler when he first entered the league or Powell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah did you forget to look at yourself in the mirror? Look how much you struggle to provide your own input without trying to be dismissive and immature.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah did you forget to look at yourself in the mirror? Look how much you struggle to provide your own input without trying to be dismissive and immature.
    If you're going to dish it, you've got to be prepared to take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    29 days until the lottery...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    29 days until the lottery...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will prob reach on Theo Maledon and this place will melt down per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27 days til the lottery!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alfredrick Hugh's...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will prob reach on Theo Maledon and this place will melt down per par.
    Been thinking that’s who pop would pick for a while now. Either him or Aleksej.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Vassell brings alot, his team d, iq, 3 pt shooting...his catch and shoot ability, and his work ethic...this kid was only a 3 star prospect...to a projected lottery pick...you gotta
    love that. i am ok if the spurs go with him...maybe Achiewa, Hampton also at 11, I dont think any of the top 10 will drop to 11 except Cole Anthony who I wouldnt take.if the spurs trade down, Tyler Bey, Patrick Williams, or Pokusevski...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Nets: Aldridge

To Pistons: 11, White, Allen

To Spurs: 5, Kennard, Prince, Kurucs

If the Pistons remain at 5, this could make trading up plausible without DeRozan, in the event they're not interested or he's uncooperative on an extension.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Nets: Aldridge

To Pistons: 11, White, Allen

To Spurs: 5, Kennard, Prince, Kurucs

If the Pistons remain at 5, this could make trading up plausible without DeRozan, in the event they're not interested or he's uncooperative on an extension.
    wont work financially, and moreover nets givin up a young center with a huge potential to be an all star for a 1yr of aldridge?? i dont think so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tier 1

1. Deni Avdija - has best chance to be a star, good fit on our team
    2. Precious Achiuwa - combination of strength, speed, and length is needed on this team
    3. Onyeka Okongwu - same as above, except probably not able to cover traditional centers due to lack of strength
    4. Obi Toppin - eventual Aldridge replacement, would be a go to scorer big man but doesnt solve our defensive issues

tier 2
    5. Patrick Williams - a worthy gamble, basically a Metu clone with a more natural, fluid shot
    6. Tyler Bey - if we trade DeMar and the Spurs wanted another mid range master, then this guy is it

tier 3
    7. Jalen Smith - typical stretch 4 with blocking skills
    8. Reggie Perry - intriguing guard skills similar to Precious
    9. Paul Reed - versatility on defense
    10. Daniel Oturu - LaMarcus clone on offense
    11. Xavier Tillman - if we give up on all our current centers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wont work financially, and moreover nets givin up a young center with a huge potential to be an all star for a 1yr of aldridge?? i dont think so
    It does work financially, Allen doesn't have All-Star potential and who said they couldn't possibly retain Aldridge beyond next season?

Either way, Durant and Irving are clearly running the organization, want a third star now, the former goes back a long ways with him and he's a relatively good fit.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does work financially, Allen doesn't have All-Star potential and who said they couldn't possibly retain Aldridge beyond next season?

Either way, Durant and Irving are clearly running the organization, want a third star now, the former goes back a long ways with him and he's a relatively good fit.
    https://tradenba.com/trades/gQiEis-WD
    via this paige it doesnt work

allen is 22 and averages almost double double plus is a decent defender right now. No injury prone, great body size. If he puts a lil more work hes an all star.
    Moreover im not seeing LMA recontracting with Nets. His heart belongs to portland and him and dame wanna play together again.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id take vassell/neismith/saddiq bey with our pick just to improve 3pt shooting. Then trade ddr for a deal that includes late 1st pick and draft one of big guys like jalen smith/williams/achiuwa to improve team size and defense. Thats what spurs team really needs right now.

The problem is that spurs are stucked with guards and in this yr draft are no PF/C that are worth a 11th pick. Trades are needed but as long as i know PATFO no trades will come and we get another guard. LMA stays, ddr and poetlt will be gone and next yr when lma also will be gone spurs will have zero valuable PF/C. And probably sign some old ass veterans.
    Last edited by spurspl; 07-25-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for our second rd pick I am hoping Tyler Bey falls to us. He has high upside and even has somewhat of a high floor. biggest weakness is 3 pt shot but his % are not that bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://tradenba.com/trades/gQiEis-WD
    via this paige it doesnt work

allen is 22 and averages almost double double plus is a decent defender right now. No injury prone, great body size. If he puts a lil more work hes an all star.
    Moreover im not seeing LMA recontracting with Nets. His heart belongs to portland and him and dame wanna play together again.
    That's because you didn't change the year to '20-'21.

I'm well aware of Allen and though a quality asset, the days of finishing/rim running C's being All-Stars are over. It's also not difficult to find serviceable replacements for cheap, especially for a team in their situation.

Aldridge's preference is the Trail Blazers now, but the Nets are located in a glamour market and have a higher upside. Give him a year with them and he might think differently.

If not, they still improve their odds of contending for a year for a relatively low cost and dump a bad contract (Prince) in the process.

id take vassell/neismith/saddiq bey with our pick just to improve 3pt shooting. Then trade ddr for a deal that includes late 1st pick and draft one of big guys like jalen smith/williams/achiuwa to improve team size and defense. Thats what spurs team really needs right now.

The problem is that spurs are stucked with guards and in this yr draft are no PF/C that are worth a 11th pick. Trades are needed but as long as i know PATFO no trades will come and we get another guard. LMA stays, ddr and poetlt will be gone and next yr when lma also will be gone spurs will have zero valuable PF/C. And probably sign some old ass veterans.
    Given the lack of play making and possibly go to scoring, the only way to make this back court work long term, is to draft a wing who can serve in those roles, which is partially why they should be all in on Avdija.

That and his being foreign means if he does become a star, he's less likely to want to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for our second rd pick I am hoping Tyler Bey falls to us. He has high upside and even has somewhat of a high floor. biggest weakness is 3 pt shot but his % are not that bad.
    Agree would like Tyler Bey if he drops

Thread Information